05-03-12 08:28 AM
926 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I tried mine in the cradle, and in bedside mode last night, and the alarm did not go off. Thankfully I had set a back-up alarm, since this was my first time trying Wakeful. Once I was up, I played with the phone a little, and found that the alarm will work if the phone is not in bedside mode, but will not work if it is. This doesn't do me any good, as I don't want every email and text alert waking me up.

I tried looking at customizing the alerts for bedside mode, to allow alerts from Wakeful, but I did not see the program in the lost of programs that I can adjust.
    Thanks for testing out the charging cradle and bedside mode Martain!

I just set my alarm to 6:10 p.m. and connected my BB to the PC with via USB cable to test this out myself. It went into bedside mode and then right at 6:10 p.m the Wakeful alarm went off with a pop-up on screen for "Turn off" or "Snooze".

I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. Maybe a difference in the power source i.e. charging cradle vs. PC???

I also tried to set my city, province and country before I ran the test this evening and what do you know, this time it accepted everything..........way to go Wakeful!

I do have one suggestion to make. Would it be possible to have the order that the temperature is read out based on the country or region, i.e. for Canadians and maybe European countries, have the read out in Celsius first, and then in Fahrenheit?
    03-24-11 05:22 PM
    Finally after the v1.03 update.. it is working again! The alarm is back, the bed side mode also didn't hinder the alarm =)

props to the team!!
    03-24-11 07:32 PM
    how long did it take everybody to get the link e-mailed to them after subscribing?
    03-24-11 07:54 PM
    Alarm did not go off this morning even tho it is set for 6am EVERYDAY. I have a feeling if I would have hit 'set alarm' last night it would have worked.... But I shouldn't have to.

Also, when logged out the icon still stays in banner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 06:14 AM
    Went off on schedule this morning!
    03-25-11 07:35 AM
    When in bedside mode over night, berrypopup pops up previews of messages I am getting while sleeping (can't disable while in bedside mode - grrr). When the alarm goes off, I don't see the alarm popup, I just hear it going off (I am assuming it's under the previews). I use the back button to get rid of the berrypopup previews (which also shuts off the alarm) and it brings me to the wakeful settings page, but no popup for the alarm. So I am able to shut off the alarm with the back button, but since I don't see the popup, I am not able to use the snooze feature.
    We will have to download a copy of BerryPopup and see if we can replicate this issue.
    Update... The past couple of days, the wakeful popup has been showing on top of all other popups! It appears to be working well now for me! not sure if the change was on your end or not, but thanks!

I am sure that the addition of the icon in the notification bar will make many happy. I, on the other hand, would prefer the option to have it or not. My notification bar is pretty full already and if this is going to replace my native alarm, the wakeful icon would be permanently taking up that prime real estate. Not sure what the overall concensus is, but I would like to see a homescreen icon that autoupdates its status based on if the alarm is set or not. Ex. The wakeful icon could be yellow when actively set and red when disabled. In addition, the time of the next alarm could be overlayed on the icon. That would be nice as a reminder in case the day before we reset the alarm to something different and forgot to set it back to the time we normally have it set for. Also handy if the multiple alarm feature is added.
    03-25-11 07:47 AM
    Mine didn't go ogg either. Worked fine yesterday. I made no changes. I do agree a notification bar icon would be nice. Right now I have the alarm running a couple minutes before just in case something like today hapened. It is the firsrt time.

03-25-11 08:33 AM
    I had my BB in the charging cradle in bedside mode overnight and there were no problems at all with the alarm this morning, it went of at 6:45 a.m. just like it was supposed to.

I don't recall if the pop-up was visible or not while it was in the cradle but as soon as I picked it up it showed up and I was able to turn it off.
    03-25-11 09:12 AM
    Mine didn't go off today but worked yesterday. I'm on the latest version. I'll try setting the alarm again and see what happens.
    03-25-11 11:12 AM
    I would like to see an option for 'use on WiFi' only. There are times when I am away from WiFi and I dont want the transfer rate to bust my account. If the alarm goes off while out of WiFi, then a generic sound can be played.
    03-25-11 01:36 PM
    I had to delete the app because it kept playing over and over again without my ability to stop it, and also, I was unable to adjust the volume....even at "0", it rattled the 9650 using 0s 6. Looks like a great app, though, once these things get ironed out during Beta.
    03-25-11 02:17 PM
    Very useful app, but i just hope the voice can be less robotics.
    also add the function of when i can have the alarm to go off on certain days.
    since i don't work or go to school everyday then i don't have to keep going back to the program and turn it on and off.
    03-25-11 02:39 PM
    Downloaded the update, cheers.
    03-25-11 06:26 PM
    Just wondering if the notification icon can be removed as its hogging my space .

be good to have a choice.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-25-11 07:37 PM
    BTW.

It didn't go off this morning as my BB alarm and wakeful were set for 6.30.

Let's hope it goes off tomorrow at 6 am for the Australian GP.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-25-11 07:39 PM
    Hey everyone! There was a new update this morning. It should help some of the bugs mentioned above. Please try it out and let us know if u have any other issues. Have a great weekend everyone!
    03-25-11 08:05 PM
    Got the v1.0.4.1 update this afternoon when I was demonstrating the alarm to a friend.

Thanks for all your hard work piwh1000!
    03-25-11 08:40 PM
    Still waiting for a link. I signed up a few days ago and still no link. I even tried signing up with a different email address.
    03-25-11 09:11 PM
    Downloaded the new version yesterday evening and reset alarm. No joy this morning when alarm was set for. Not sure what is going on. I have a 9780 with OS 6.0.0.461. Log email sent.
    Last edited by BB Musketeers; 03-26-11 at 07:26 AM.
    03-26-11 07:23 AM
    Not sure if they wanted that link posted for public.. excess strain on servers and such
    03-26-11 04:03 PM
    Not sure if they wanted that link posted for public.. excess strain on servers and such
    Exactly. Since the beta was by invite only, and there have been server issues already, perhaps it would be best if the poster deleted the link post and let piwh1000 handle who gets the beta?
    03-26-11 04:05 PM
    Please do not post links to this, as it is a private beta.
    John Yester, kolonji and andyahs like this.
    03-26-11 04:09 PM
    Ok, sorry.
    03-26-11 04:14 PM
    Don't worry about it. Your heart was in the right place - it is always good to want to help out. In this particular case, it just wasn't appropriate. No harm, no foul.
    03-26-11 04:24 PM
    I was just wondering if you were sending out any more links. I signed up also but have not received a link to the app yet.

03-26-11 05:42 PM
926 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD