05-03-12 08:28 AM
926 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Good App.

Woke me up on time this morning.

Only problem that I can see thus far is that the app cannot pickup my location.
    Even when I tried to enter in manually, it says "cannot find your location"..
    which kinda sucks because then I don't get my local weather conditions, the closest I could get way NYC and I'm about 3 hrs south of the city so our weather conditions are no where near the same....

Also, someone else had mentioned about "snooze". I don't have that option at al...?
    I don't know if it is something to do with my specific device or what? I am using a
    9700 so I'd think it would be as up to date as they get..?

Anywhoo... Cool app. I will continue to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 06:57 AM
    Updated this am. Everything seems to work great. When it went off my screen stayed black? Should the popup show with the option to snooze? Other than that I have no issues. Great app!!

CAPTBFD
    03-24-11 08:11 AM
    Good App.

Woke me up on time this morning.

Only problem that I can see thus far is that the app cannot pickup my location.
    Even when I tried to enter in manually, it says "cannot find your location"..
    which kinda sucks because then I don't get my local weather conditions, the closest I could get way NYC and I'm about 3 hrs south of the city so our weather conditions are no where near the same....

Also, someone else had mentioned about "snooze". I don't have that option at al...?
    I don't know if it is something to do with my specific device or what? I am using a
    9700 so I'd think it would be as up to date as they get..?

Anywhoo... Cool app. I will continue to use it.

The devs sent an email yesterday about this. It's a server issue they're having right now. A lot of ppl got in on this app and they need to expand. The app works great for me, everyday it finds my location no issues. I can imagine this will go on until they get the app ready for production and upgrade their servers and what not. Overall the app works great. Remember we're still testing this app, it's not even ready yet. But it's awesome as it is.
    03-24-11 08:13 AM
    Worked great.
    According to people above there must be options to change the male voice to female and also adjust snooze time??

Couldn't see that on mine last night when I was playing around with it.
    Do you adjust it on the web?

Cheers for a great little app.
    Maybe you need to download the most current version. The current one I think is 1.0.3
    03-24-11 08:15 AM
    Okay, just got the beta version yesterday and during the course of the night it reset itself so it did not go off the first time. I reset the wake up time and it worked; however, when I hit the snooze button it locked up my phone for a few minutes. I changed alarm time to try again and the same thing happened when I hit the snooze button. I tried a third time and got error messages....

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

PS...I do have the current version 1.0.3
    03-24-11 08:19 AM
    Worked like a charm @ 5am!! The Dev team sent an email with a link to update the app yesterday. Their servers got sllammed yesterday and they are still hard at work to get the "bugs" out...but wow!!! What a great way to start the day instead of the drone of a berry tone!!!!

03-24-11 08:21 AM
    Wakeful did not go off this morning. Wondering if the server problems of yesterday had anything to do with it.
    03-24-11 08:24 AM
    I had my alarm set for 7 a.m. this morning and it worked like a charm.

It was a little difficult to hear what was being said but that could be because my BB was in my holster on the bedside table with the volume set to 80. I'll try setting the volume to 100 for tomorrow morning and see how that works in the holster.

Has anyone tried the alarm with their BB in the charging pod and set to bedside mode?
    03-24-11 08:34 AM

It was a little difficult to hear what was being said but that could be because my BB was in my holster on the bedside table with the volume set to 80. I'll try setting the volume to 100 for tomorrow morning and see how that works in the holster.

Has anyone tried the alarm with their BB in the charging pod and set to bedside mode?
    I don't have a charging pod but when I plug in my phone at night using the wall charger it always goes into bedside mode. It normally works in bedside mode but for some reason the alarm did not go off this morning.
    03-24-11 08:53 AM
    Mine worked great in bedside mode, and I was able to turn it off.

Now, if I could pick and choose what information is presented...
    03-24-11 09:03 AM
    Now, if I could pick and choose what information is presented...

I agree....it would be nice to customize the information given.
    03-24-11 09:25 AM
    Day one for me. All worked great. I can't wait until I am able to add my location and hear my local weather. Well, I'm in Pennsylvania so, I'll be more excited when I wake up to it saying my currant weather is 80 and sunny!

03-24-11 09:38 AM
    An additional consideration (benefit) for the developers....if folks can customize what content is delivered it should have some impact (hopefully some reduction) in the amount of info that the servers have to push out.

Just a thought.

I haven't installed the latest version just yet...but I did notice some weird stuff going on sometimes, like two instances showing up in task switcher, and the app survived a deletion/battery pull. I deleted it to clear settings before installing new version, but there it sat when I rebooted. Weird, but whatever. I just deleted and rebooted again.

Glad to see you guys are getting so much attention. Think of it as a beta server stress test when cb features you on the front page.
    03-24-11 10:01 AM
    Alarm didn't go off for me this morn. I sent a log.
    03-24-11 11:07 AM
    Totally looking forward to this. I hope it's loud enough to wake me up. I usually wake up to an annoying noise, because it's loud and annoying...wonder if waking up to a voice talking to me will actually work.
    03-24-11 01:10 PM
    Totally looking forward to this. I hope it's loud enough to wake me up. I usually wake up to an annoying noise, because it's loud and annoying...wonder if waking up to a voice talking to me will actually work.
    I have mine set on the 20 volume level and it jerks me awake. I wish there was a 10. I imagine it will be plenty loud for you.
    03-24-11 01:14 PM

I tried mine in the cradle, and in bedside mode last night, and the alarm did not go off. Thankfully I had set a back-up alarm, since this was my first time trying Wakeful. Once I was up, I played with the phone a little, and found that the alarm will work if the phone is not in bedside mode, but will not work if it is. This doesn't do me any good, as I don't want every email and text alert waking me up.

I tried looking at customizing the alerts for bedside mode, to allow alerts from Wakeful, but I did not see the program in the lost of programs that I can adjust.
    03-24-11 02:48 PM
    Just tried in bedside mode - works like a charm (OS 5.0.0.743, Bold 9700).
    03-24-11 02:56 PM
    I jst registered....hope am nt 2 late...
    Any help on the download link

03-24-11 03:15 PM
    Installed fine but when i click "test alarm" it says it's trying to connect and proceeded to "try" to connect for the next 30 mins. Since I couldn't exit it or close it out I had to batt pull both times it happened. Not sure what the deal is.
    03-24-11 03:20 PM
    Is the beta filled up????? I signed up earlier this morning and received an e-mail saying that I had successfully subscribed but no download link.
    03-24-11 03:35 PM
    Finally got a link to the app.

Installed and it works a treat. No problems found so far on my 9520.

Awesome idea BTW.

Would be good if you were able to select what notifications you get when the alarm sounds.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-24-11 04:24 PM
    Love the notification icon in banner..
    What does the notification icon look like?
    I'm running OS 6 and it's not available yet for it.
    03-24-11 04:31 PM
    What does the notification icon look like?
    I'm running OS 6 and it's not available yet for it.
    Yes it is...looks like the sun.

Last edited by andyahs; 03-24-11 at 04:59 PM.
    bklyneddie likes this.
    03-24-11 04:51 PM
    Thanks was just wondering what it looked like.
    03-24-11 05:21 PM
926 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD