Well, I was able to grab the update, but for some reason it will not accept my user name/password. Do you have a method for recovery? I'd like to think I can remember what I used last week, but I am no spring chicken anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 03:18 PM
    It's working again. But, there is always a but, when I hit the snooze button Wakeful did not ever go off again.
    Bahhh.... I'm able to reproduce here! It's on our list!
    03-22-11 03:50 PM
    Well, I was able to grab the update, but for some reason it will not accept my user name/password. Do you have a method for recovery? I'd like to think I can remember what I used last week, but I am no spring chicken anymore.

Can you PM what your email is and I'll reset?
    03-22-11 04:08 PM
    I've just updated.. and did a reboot. I checked the log and see error msg:
    [html]
    No carrier specific APN for MCC: 505 and MNC:3
    Trying direct
    Error while connecting to wakeful server: java.io.IOException: APN is not specified
    [/html]

I can assure you that my 3G connection & BIS is working properly. any ideas?
    03-22-11 05:27 PM
    Automatic update didn't show for me. I had to
    use the link I had saved to do the upgrade.
    And the snooze didn't work for me either (but you already know that).
    Any plans or ETA, for a home screen icon to let use know the alarm is on.
    03-22-11 05:28 PM
    <---visualizing Piwh1000 losing all his hair trying to get this app ready. Seems like when you fix one thing over here, something over there breaks. Hopefully, this will get to a release version soon. I'm really liking the app. I have a couple other alarms, so I use this as my last alarm, when I'm more awake to clue me in on weather, news, etc. while I get ready for work. No other alarm does it. Furthermore, I've been changing my greeting every few days and making my wife laugh. Right now it says, "Good morning, you great big hunk of man."
    03-22-11 07:31 PM
    Whoohoo! I am finally getting the female voice now. LOL.

Edit 3/23: Wakeful performed flawlessly this morning. I had the bright white screen but that is of little matter to me.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 03-23-11 at 08:36 AM.
    03-22-11 11:04 PM
    It worked out of bedside mode today! But then I couldn't turn it off, and had to pull the battery...
    03-23-11 08:56 AM

Sent you a PM.
    03-23-11 09:08 AM
    When sending a log file, you have to copy every line one at a time? If so, I wish you could implement it so you can send an email of the log file with its entire content.

I still didn't get the voice in the update. I will try again. Are we suppose to always input our name first in order for this to work? I didn't do that. I just set the alarm for this morning from last night. I will put my name and see if that will make it work.
    03-23-11 09:51 AM
    So, sorry if this is answered already, but the thread is getting long and I didn't see it on the first 7 pages...

How long to get the download info after we register?

Thanks!
    03-23-11 10:18 AM
    Downloaded the new code yesterday and voila!
    03-23-11 10:31 AM
    Still would love the option to change what is read and what comes through.

Would be great for it to read off title of CrackBerry Blogs! Breaking news!
    03-23-11 10:33 AM
    Just signed up for the beta, can't wait to give this a try
    03-23-11 11:02 AM
    looks super, cant wait to try it
    03-23-11 11:04 AM
    Kind of reminds me of the wake up scene in the movie 'Fifth Element' with Bruce Willis
    03-23-11 11:05 AM
    haha Agree
    03-23-11 11:15 AM
    Automatic upgrade worked great on my end.

Everything working well, with one exception. When in bedside mode over night, berrypopup pops up previews of messages I am getting while sleeping (can't disable while in bedside mode - grrr). When the alarm goes off, I don't see the alarm popup, I just hear it going off (I am assuming it's under the previews). I use the back button to get rid of the berrypopup previews (which also shuts off the alarm) and it brings me to the wakeful settings page, but no popup for the alarm. So I am able to shut off the alarm with the back button, but since I don't see the popup, I am not able to use the snooze feature.

I did test the snooze today, though and the alarm didn't come back on. I don't know how long the snooze is supposed to snooze for. I see no where in the settings or the popup telling how long you are snoozing for. That needs to be added. It would also be great to be able to manually configure snooze length.

This app continues to get better and better! Keep up the great work! You made front page in the blogs today on CB, so the word is getting out!
    03-23-11 11:22 AM
    i hope i made the beta i really want this app
    03-23-11 11:22 AM
    When sending a log file, you have to copy every line one at a time? If so, I wish you could implement it so you can send an email of the log file with its entire content.

I still didn't get the voice in the update. I will try again. Are we suppose to always input our name first in order for this to work? I didn't do that. I just set the alarm for this morning from last night. I will put my name and see if that will make it work.
    Our newest version which is coming out today will have the ability to email the log.

What do you mean you never got the voice in the update? When you go to account settings you should see an option for "Voice" both Male/Female.
    03-23-11 11:31 AM
    So, sorry if this is answered already, but the thread is getting long and I didn't see it on the first 7 pages...

How long to get the download info after we register?

Thanks!
    We will email you the information later today.
    03-23-11 11:32 AM
    Automatic upgrade worked great on my end.

Everything working well, with one exception. When in bedside mode over night, berrypopup pops up previews of messages I am getting while sleeping (can't disable while in bedside mode - grrr). When the alarm goes off, I don't see the alarm popup, I just hear it going off (I am assuming it's under the previews). I use the back button to get rid of the berrypopup previews (which also shuts off the alarm) and it brings me to the wakeful settings page, but no popup for the alarm. So I am able to shut off the alarm with the back button, but since I don't see the popup, I am not able to use the snooze feature.

I did test the snooze today, though and the alarm didn't come back on. I don't know how long the snooze is supposed to snooze for. I see no where in the settings or the popup telling how long you are snoozing for. That needs to be added. It would also be great to be able to manually configure snooze length.

This app continues to get better and better! Keep up the great work! You made front page in the blogs today on CB, so the word is getting out!
    We will have to download a copy of BerryPopup and see if we can replicate this issue.

Getting on the front page of CrackBerry is awesome!!
    03-23-11 11:35 AM
    I just signed up concept sounds very cool. Please push that beta invite this way cant wait to wake up to that. SN: does anyone see how fast crackberry moves people to everything blackberry.
    03-23-11 11:43 AM
    I just tried signing up for the Beta (I hope it went through) and I'd love to give this a try. I've had problems finding a good alarm for years. This sounds pretty exciting.
    03-23-11 11:47 AM
    I meant I was not alerted with the Female voice once the alarm went off. It beeped. I have it set again. I set it at 11:15AM to alert me with the Female Voice for 1:15 PM. I also select Update under Account Settings with my Name in the Field. When I choose to Test Alarm it works fine, I hear the female voice. And before I exit out the app I hit Set Alarm and I get the pop up message Alarm is set.

One time it alerted me by opening up the log file. Another time it beeped and I received some Error pop up message about the audio.

When it goes off again at 1:15PM I will write down this error message if it appears. However my log file is too long to copy and paste.

QUOTE=piwh1000;6156097]Our newest version which is coming out today will have the ability to email the log.

What do you mean you never got the voice in the update? When you go to account settings you should see an option for "Voice" both Male/Female.[/QUOTE]
    03-23-11 12:00 PM
926 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD