05-03-12 08:28 AM
926 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I just tested mine, and the Missus did the talking. Seems like it is working fine, at least here.
    03-19-11 12:29 PM
    I just tested mine, and the Missus did the talking. Seems like it is working fine, at least here.
    I tested mine Friday afternoon and again Friday night and was still unable to get the lady to talk. Set the alarm to go off this morning, plugged it into the charger and went to bed. This morning it failed to go off. It came alive, went to the "settings" page, and that's all. It is now around noon and I just tried the "test alarm". After about 5 minutes of "communicating with server", and with no way to exit out of that loop, I ended up doing a battery pull to shut it down.
    03-19-11 12:59 PM
    I sent a Log file. It's not working correctly for me. I'm still only getting beep alerts even though when I select test, the female voice plays. Also getting the beeping alert twice. After I select end, it alerts me again. I even del the app/reboot and reinstall app.
    03-19-11 01:55 PM
    I don't think mine went off this morning either...but I was flat out exhausted and might have woken up, turned it off, and forgotten all about it.

Oddly, I have two instances of Wakeful in my Task Switcher right now (and two instances in my Processes list too). Going to do a battery pull and see if that clears things up.

Scratch that...I'm going to kill both processes instead and see if that fixes it.
    03-19-11 02:18 PM
    We're looking into these issues. Hopefully will have something by early this week.
    03-20-11 07:29 AM
    This app has stopped working for me. Second day in a row that the alarm did not go off.
    03-20-11 09:10 AM
    awesome.

just signed up.

cheers
    03-20-11 11:27 AM
    Hi Everyone!

We are proud to announce the coming launch of our new app, Wakeful, which will be available to the first CrackBerry users who register for the Beta.

So what is Wakeful? Glad you asked. We're the first BlackBerry application to replace your conventional alarm clock's buzzer with a wake-up message custom tailored to starting your day off right. Wakeful wakes you up by reading off the time of day, the day's most current weather forecast, the morning's breaking news, as well as important stock information.

Does that sound like a bit more of an enjoyable morning to you? We sure hope it does. If you'd be interested in trying out the Beta, make sure you head over to www.Wakeful.com before the Beta fills up! We would love to hear your feedback (good or bad) on how the app is running, and how it brightens up your morning!
    I have sign in for over a week Am I going to get the change to try this?

Please let me know
    03-20-11 01:13 PM
    Great,

I miss it already. Its not working for me.

We're looking into these issues. Hopefully will have something by early this week.
    03-20-11 01:20 PM
    It tested OK but I don't remember it going off this morning. I also meant to change the time for the alarm but forgot to save the settings - any way to set a prompt when leaving the screen?
    03-20-11 03:05 PM
    I have sign in for over a week Am I going to get the change to try this?

Please let me know
    If you have been signed up for a week you should have received an email. Check your spam.
    03-20-11 08:08 PM
    Last Saturday I changed the alarm settings to weekdays only (after updating to latest version). Now it is not functioning I checked the log, it says "Error while connecting to wakeful server: java.IOException: No Wi-Fi connection." Later I try to test alarm, it works fine..

Do I miss any setting that allow 3G connection?
    03-20-11 10:26 PM
    for some reason, it just didn't launch today!
    03-20-11 10:45 PM
    @ sssutanto: I kept getting the same error. Finally, I had to delete the app and then install a new, clean version, and it has worked fine since.
    03-20-11 10:48 PM
    Maybe I'm crazy, BUT the female voice sounds a little better to me then it did at first. Were some tweaks done? This is gonna make me sound sexist, BUT she's a bit more provocative sounding. Or am I just crazy?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 11:14 PM
    @ sssutanto: I kept getting the same error. Finally, I had to delete the app and then install a new, clean version, and it has worked fine since.
    Thanks for the tips.. I've tried it but still no joy! It is playing just a normal alarm.. and in the log says "Error while playing downloaded audio: net.rim.device.internal.media"
    03-21-11 06:34 AM
    Well, she didn't work for me either this morning (perhaps she forgot to set her alarm ; ). Maybe the developer will shake out what went wrong with the new version today. He has been good about responding to concerns thus far and has already indicated his desire to work on these issues over the weekend.
    03-21-11 07:03 AM
    What a great app and a great idea!

I'm using V1.01. I know some of these things have already been covered but have found the following:

• Using bedside mode Wakeful will not start. The native alarm does.
    • It would be great to have check boxes to enable/disable the content components
    • Have the option to set multiple alarms, not every day is the same for many people.
    • Be able to enable/disable content per alarm. I might want less "info" on a weekend wakeup.

Loving it so far and thanks for the great work!
    03-21-11 07:20 AM
    Maybe I'm crazy, BUT the female voice sounds a little better to me then it did at first. Were some tweaks done? This is gonna make me sound sexist, BUT she's a bit more provocative sounding. Or am I just crazy?

You're just getting to know her better.
    03-21-11 08:07 AM
    Ok my alarm did not go off this morning either, BUT sending a fresh set alarm command (which I guess goes to the server???) seems to have fixed the problem. Perhaps others having the issue should try that.
    03-21-11 08:10 AM
    Lolololololol.. !

03-21-11 08:11 AM

• Using bedside mode Wakeful will not start. The native alarm does.
    I didn't realise this.. I'll not put bed side mode tonight and see what happen tomorrow morning *finger cross*

• It would be great to have check boxes to enable/disable the content components
    • Have the option to set multiple alarms, not every day is the same for many people.
    • Be able to enable/disable content per alarm. I might want less "info" on a weekend wakeup.
    Agree +1 on these "features requests"..
    03-21-11 08:13 AM
    Ok my alarm did not go off this morning either, BUT sending a fresh set alarm command (which I guess goes to the server???) seems to have fixed the problem. Perhaps others having the issue should try that.
    I've also tried to "set alarm" but instead of the beautiful personalised message, I only got *beep, beep, beep, beeep, beep* (default alarm)
    03-21-11 08:16 AM
    I've also tried to "set alarm" but instead of the beautiful personalised message, I only got *beep, beep, beep, beeep, beep* (default alarm)
    On tests you need to give the server 3 to 5 minutes to get the personalized message, otherwise you'll just get a default built in alarm. So if you set your test alarm for like 1 minute, then it did not have enough time to poll the server and get the data. Give it 5 minutes and you should get the correct message.
    03-21-11 08:44 AM
    I can confirm Pkcable's comments. I just tested it out and it worked fine.
    03-21-11 09:23 AM
926 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD