I had my sound profile set to 'phone only' and I got the beeping buzzer sound with the white screen this morning.

There should be a way you guys can override the user defined sound profile setting so that Wakeful goes off properly.
    Phone Only and Bedside Mode always works as expected for me!
    04-14-11 10:46 AM
    Hey guys... There was an issue with one of our processes on the server this morning. Basically it got stuck in a loop on one audio file and never exited, which would have made 1/3 of the alarm requests that came in this morning fail.

We have identified it and have resolved the issue.
    andyahs and kolonji like this.
    04-14-11 10:49 AM
    Phone Only and Bedside Mode always works as expected for me!
    This is the first time Wakeful did not perform properly in over 2 weeks. It seems there was a server problem today rather than a problem with the app itself. It's good to know that an alarm will still go off even when the servers have issues. It may not be the proper Wakeful alarm but at least it won't let you oversleep.
    04-14-11 11:06 AM
    It's good to know that an alarm will still go off even when the servers have issues. It may not be the proper Wakeful alarm but at least it won't let you oversleep.
    I'll tell you this much, when that buzzer went off this morning (first time I ever experienced it) I was more awake at 6:20am than i am when I make a beeline out of work at 5:00pm!

What was interesting, though, was that the second time it went off (yeah, my moment of being very awake was short-lived) after a snooze, it was the standard alarm. Third time it went off was the buzzer again.

But I guess it was a server issue, so that would explain the changing alarm sounds.
    04-14-11 11:13 AM
    Hi Everyone, just want to inform you of an issue in the latest version, that will be resolved with the release of 1.1.1 later today.

It occurs when the alarm frequency is changed from never to any other setting, we assume that the alarm gets set, but there was a glitch in the code preventing that from happening.
    It would only set correctly if the time was adjusted after setting the alarm frequency.
    04-14-11 11:41 AM
    1.1.1 has been released, and the server should be more stable. Enjoy
    andyahs likes this.
    04-14-11 02:39 PM
    Hi Everyone, just want to inform you of an issue in the latest version, that will be resolved with the release of 1.1.1 later today.

It occurs when the alarm frequency is changed from never to any other setting, we assume that the alarm gets set, but there was a glitch in the code preventing that from happening.
    It would only set correctly if the time was adjusted after setting the alarm frequency.
    Installed the update and tested this scenario and all seems good!
    04-14-11 03:12 PM
    Hiya guys

Where is the update, My link is taking me to 1.0.11.1

When is Wakeful due to be released?
    04-14-11 04:12 PM
    Hiya guys

Where is the update, My link is taking me to 1.0.11.1

When is Wakeful due to be released?
    Latest is v1.1.1.1 Just open Wakeful and wait for the prompt.
    04-14-11 04:59 PM
    Got the email for the release. Although a little pricey I think in the long run it will be worth it. Already entered my order. Keep up the good work Wakeful. Looking forward to implementation of more features.
    04-14-11 06:41 PM
    Bought mine too!
    04-14-11 06:46 PM
    In the process of ordering mine. Great job to the developers! This app is really worth the price!
    04-14-11 07:32 PM
    Great app and well worth the price!
    04-14-11 07:37 PM
    I'll probably get crucified for saying this, but I think its way overpriced. Wakeful is a one trick pony. It only does one thing, and frankly, up to this point the reliability of even doing that one thing is still questionable. Although it seems more stable, in the last two days, we've heard how a server got caught in a loop and how there was a bug in yesterday's version. I personally own an alarm app that I purchased for 99 cents that does a number of things, but this one does only one. You can only preset it for one alarm at a time. Now I will say that its one trick is special as no other alarm app does this, but is it worth nearly twice any of the other alarm apps? And this is a special introductory price no less. I personally do not think so. I truly have enjoyed being a part of the beta testing and I mean that sincerely. Nonetheless, I'm passing on purchasing this at this price. Thanks.
    Last edited by BB Musketeers; 04-14-11 at 08:15 PM.
    04-14-11 08:13 PM
    I'll probably get crucified for saying this, but I think its way overpriced. Wakeful is a one trick pony. It only does one thing, and frankly, up to this point the reliability of even doing that one thing is still questionable. Although it seems more stable, in the last two days, we've heard how a server got caught in a loop and how there was a bug in yesterday's version. I personally own an alarm app that I purchased for 99 cents that does a number of things, but this one does only one. You can only preset it for one alarm at a time. Now I will say that its one trick is special as no other alarm app does this, but is it worth nearly twice any of the other alarm apps? And this is a special introductory price no less. I personally do not think so. I truly have enjoyed being a part of the beta testing and I mean that sincerely. Nonetheless, I'm passing on purchasing this at this price. Thanks.
    Thanks for the feedback! I totally understand that some of our users were going to say it's way overpriced due to the fact they are used to paying a couple of dollars for an app. The major difference between our app and other alarm clocks is require servers which require maintenance and have a monthly recurring fee. At the moment, we do only have the core functionality of text-to-speech compared to other alarms, but that's why we're asking for money... So we can commit out developers to work on adding features. Developer salaries aren't cheap! Anyways, I just wanted to be clear this is why we are charging more then other alarm clock apps... We also appreciate you committing your time in the forums discussing and beta testing the app!

Just want to thank everyone who has purchased so far! Exciting to see the sales trickle in.
    04-14-11 08:21 PM
    I do not disagree with you and I was a little surprised when I saw the offering price but considering what is involved to keep this app up and running, with the servers etc, the price is understandable.

04-14-11 08:23 PM
    I paid it and don't regret it. Looking forward to what this app is going to turn into.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 08:41 PM
    Yep. Gotta pull the trigger on this one and get it. I think we have just seen the beginnings of next years super app award winner.

Things that would be nice to see in future versions:

Ability to set a separate alarm for each day of the week. Have a M T W Th F S Su option
    Multiple languages
    User defined feeds
    More feed choices
    Have it read calendar appointments for the day

If you guys need help you know where to find us.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 04-14-11 at 09:09 PM.
    04-14-11 09:00 PM
    ..considering what is involved to keep this app up and running, with the servers etc, the price is understandable.
    This was what I was thinking when the survey came up and they asked how much you were willing to pay. The price is high especially when you compare it to most apps but in the long run, this app justifies the cost.
    04-14-11 09:01 PM
    As long as it continues on this path.. I'm fully happy with my purchase. Agree with BA - so much potential.

Add to his list:

More voice options.
    Multiple alarms.

Love the touchup on the icon..btw
    04-14-11 09:16 PM

Things that would be nice to see in future versions:

Ability to set a separate alarm for each day of the week. Have a M T W Th F S Su option
    and the ability to set a different time for any day. For example 5am M T W Th F and 7 am S Su.

Good Luck
    04-14-11 09:55 PM
    BOUGHT IT!! I just love that man waking me up by calling my name! lol Love this app and feel it was definitely worth the money! thanks for all the time and effort that you put in it!
    04-14-11 10:13 PM
    For future builds it would be nice to have that man's voice tell me how great I look in the morning as well as suggestions on what to wear instead of telling me the news headlines. I would pay double for that upgrade. lol
    04-14-11 10:28 PM
    Wow. I was very interested in this app until i just received the email with price. $7.50 for an alarm clock is ALOT. I think your more likely to increase revenue by lowering price. I cant see many adopted beyond beta testers at that price.

For 7.50, I should be able to customize exactly what is said i.e., use a custom rss feed for news or select what parts of weather i want to hear (no pressure) or get it to read how particular overseas markets markets are opening.

I am not trying to knock your app! I love it and will consider buying it, but at those price points, its a tough sell for someone who never used it before. Most users dont even bother to check out anything above 3 or 4 dollars in app world. (this forum might be an exception)
    Last edited by smeagle5; 04-14-11 at 11:33 PM.
    04-14-11 11:31 PM
    For future builds it would be nice to have that man's voice tell me how great I look in the morning as well as suggestions on what to wear instead of telling me the news headlines. I would pay double for that upgrade. lol
    Bwhahahaha. When you put it that way this app is cheap at double the price. Way cheaper than a wife and/or girlfriend.
    04-14-11 11:33 PM
926 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD