There can be a difference between the two. Give this a try:

Relative Humidity Calculator - Inside vs. Outside
    Oh, I'm very much aware of that.

I'm not picking on Wakeful, per se ... I have a similar cringing reaction whenever I hear a weather forecaster say such things as "The temperature out there" or "Right now, it's raining outside." Huh? Do they really believe we think they're talking about conditions inside unless they differentiate?

C'mon ... weather is always assumed to be outside. Isn't it?

04-11-11 11:11 AM
    Well, I've been running this for quite a while, and have no issues really aside from personal preferences. I normally send feedback via email, but I thought it would be nice for a change to publicly state that this is absolutely wonderful!

Forum feedback:
    I would still like to have a second settings page with checkmark boxes for what is to be read aloud. ie-weather/temp/humidity/stocks (which stocks)/news (local/national/headline) etc. Obviously some of these choices would need input boxes for stock ticker codes or news feeds.

The pronunciation of the word "Humidity" is butchered into "Humdity" lol. Maybe just some minor tweaking for that one.

Also I would like to hear my name at the end again, such as... Have a great day Brad. Instead of have a great day from Wakeful. Maybe this difference could be incorporated into a free and premium version.

I use it as a backup to my normal morning alarm, and it works really well for me as did the prior versions.

Thanks for filling another void in the BlackBerry experience!
    Brad
    04-11-11 12:32 PM
    anyone else have a 9330 with 0s6 and having issues??
    04-11-11 12:57 PM
    My alarm went off today, but not with the audio play of the news, weather, etc. Rather it was just the annoying beeps. Log emailed. Not sure what is causing this. Worked fine last week. Also, most alarm apps are more robust offerings. While Wakeful offers something that none of the rest of them do, it is still likely that most people would have to use and possibly purchase other things they want alarms for (e.g. timers, count-down calendars, multiple alarms for the same day, etc.). I would recommend considering beefing up Wakeful such that its server based audio is not the only alternative, but its best alternative, and then offer a more robust choice of alarms along with it. This way, as one previous writer pointed out, a native alarm with a native mp3 could be used as a default, if the Wakeful server based audio, fails. Just an idea.
    Last edited by BB Musketeers; 04-11-11 at 07:55 PM.
    04-11-11 01:27 PM
    Worked fine for me this morning! New build has resolved my problem.
    04-11-11 03:07 PM
    I have not had any issues with this app for some time now. The alarm works, the data is current, the pop up controls work, and the sleep function works. I use the male voice because the female voice is a little choppy and a bit difficult for me to understand.
    04-11-11 03:37 PM
    No problems here since updating to the latest version. I'm on day five now without a single glitch, hitch or hiccup of any sort.
    04-11-11 05:09 PM
    same here, everything works flawlessly
    04-11-11 07:51 PM
    Everything has been working flawlessly for me for about a week now. Aside from already suggested additional features, everything looks great!
    04-12-11 07:05 AM
    All great with no issues!!
    04-12-11 08:59 AM
    Had an issue this morning.. Log sent

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 09:18 AM
    I have not had any issues with this app for some time now. The alarm works, the data is current, the pop up controls work, and the sleep function works. I use the male voice because the female voice is a little choppy and a bit difficult for me to understand.
    Yea, but "Good Morning Sexy" sounds MUCH better in the female voice!
    04-12-11 09:49 AM
    Yea, but "Good Morning Sexy" sounds MUCH better in the female voice!
    LOL. My wife did say this morning that she didn't like the sound of another female in the bedroom. You know the saying, "When momma ain't happy...."

Oh yeah. Worked perfect again this morning.
    04-12-11 01:36 PM
    Just updated to v1.0.9.3 and again... It's just wonderful!!! I like the new icon as it is more in touch with OS6 themes and not so "loud" with the bright yellow color. It is also more in step with an alarm clock application. I appreciate you listening to feedback regarding the second settings page with the checkmark boxes for what should be read aloud. I ran a few tests and it worked very well for me. The real test will be for it to wake me up nicely in the AM.

The only thing I saw during my tests (which I never experienced before) was that the test popup showed "good afternoon" but the message stated "good evening". I dont know if this is due to the time I tested it (5:00pm) being that some information sites consider that to still be afternoon and evening starting at 6:00pm, and possibly there is some confusion at the server level? IDK. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Lovely, lovely, lovely... That is all...
    Brad
    04-12-11 04:20 PM
    I did not get an update email but I got the new file from an old email link. I'll report back tomorrow.

Edit: Couldn't wait until tomorrow. LOL. The new icon is cool and I like the options to read news and stocks. I second MadBrad, this is a wonderful app and the new options make it even better.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 04-12-11 at 04:32 PM.
    04-12-11 04:29 PM
    Never even got an email for the ner version -- either way -

Blah on the new notification and app icon. The app icon should pop - this app is too good for that. Notification one, well.. I could live with it either way. How about a customizable icon .. kinda like BatteryEx? Just a thought (Im a customization addict)

Also -- did you know the alarm sounds through BlueTooth -- >? Just tested it and I thought my volume was jacked because I had my earpiece out .. lol .. I'll have to remember to disable BT at night ..
    04-12-11 04:31 PM
    New Icon is great and selectable News and Stocks is perfect. This app has grown nicely since it's inceptions and it has been fun testing it.
    04-12-11 05:12 PM
    App is great, found it to be really good so far. Only thing is, since I upgraded Wakeful upon prompt today, it will no longer let me set a location but says "? ? ?" No matter what I type in...very strange?!

04-12-11 06:38 PM
    One suggestion I have for wakeful is this, it would be great to use it to trigger a event. Say a podcast that downloaded overnight, gives you something to listen to while your doing your morning wakeup routine.
    BB Musketeers likes this.
    04-12-11 07:33 PM
    Download the 1.0.9.3 w/o any problem but cant re-login to the server. It's been saying communicating with server for the last 10 minutes..
    04-12-11 07:36 PM
    Same here. Stuck logging in

04-12-11 09:57 PM
    Ok. Let it continue updating for 30 mins. Never did. Had to pull battery. After the battery pull I went back in and was logged in. All good.

04-12-11 10:34 PM
    Ok. Let it continue updating for 30 mins. Never did. Had to pull battery. After the battery pull I went back in and was logged in. All good.

that's smooth good on you! I did a battery pull and still having trouble to login. First it says my APN is not set correctly, then retry for a couple times and voila
    04-12-11 11:14 PM
    Updated to the latest version, didn't experience any trouble with logging in.

Thanks for giving us the option to select what to listen too! This app is getting from better to great! Next target to hit is fantastic

I'm not digging the new app icon and notification icon though. It's very... bleak. I prefer the old sunnier one. As Kolonji mentioned, would be nice for it to 'pop' out from the menu screen. I almost missed it. Not very wakeful.
    04-12-11 11:22 PM
    You guys are too fast. We decided not to release it last night because we did find bugs related to the login and new forgot password function.

We will have a new version today and a new email blast.
    04-13-11 06:10 AM
926 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD