Works fine now - date/time/weather, etc. - all as it should be.

My device is still locking up hard if I let the dialog proceed to it's conclusion. If I stop it before it gets to the end, no lockup. I know the developers are working on it, so no push from me, just passing it on.

Log sent...
    04-07-11 09:07 AM
    Still having issues. After receiving the latest email, I decided to give it a shot again. The alarm went off at the proper time, but again there was no pop up to snooze or turn off, so I had to do a battery pull. The news and weather that played were from Sunday.

I did do a "test alarm" last night, and again later this morning, and everything worked fine, so I'm not sure why the actual alarm is failing to work properly.
    I'm also on an S2 but am not having your problems. The alarm went off on time this morning. The popup window with the off/snooze buttons worked properly. And my weather and news was on the current date.

As long as the app continues to preform like this I will not be posting these "working good" messages every day anymore. But I will continue to follow the progress of this app. The developers need to be commended on the hard work they put into this app. It has come a long way in the past 3 weeks. You get two thumbs up from this beta tester .
    04-07-11 09:09 AM
    Still having issues. After receiving the latest email, I decided to give it a shot again. The alarm went off at the proper time, but again there was no pop up to snooze or turn off, so I had to do a battery pull. The news and weather that played were from Sunday.

I did do a "test alarm" last night, and again later this morning, and everything worked fine, so I'm not sure why the actual alarm is failing to work properly.
    Did you send in a log report?
    04-07-11 09:15 AM
    No issues, been working fine. I let it run on purpose until the second notice and stoped it in the middle of it and still had no issues. But I've seen it before in older versions.
    04-07-11 10:42 AM
    It's been good for a few days but today there was no Close/Snooze button and had to yank the battery.
    04-07-11 11:06 AM
    Log sent. Had a hard time doing that also. The first few times I pulled up the log, the screen would freeze, anytime I pulled up the menu to send the log. Worked after a battery pull.
    04-07-11 11:57 AM
    New Version For The BlackBerry

- Simplified the UI and made it more appealing.
    - Made the notification Icon display optional
    - The audio file is no longer downloaded to disk so there should be no more filesystem issues.
    - Made the current version more apparent, and logs more detailed
    - Fixed lots of little bugs or potential ones.
    andyahs and evil.bunny like this.
    04-07-11 03:14 PM
    New Version For The BlackBerry

- Made the notification Icon display optional
    Very nice. A lot of people are going to like this option.
    04-07-11 03:44 PM
    I was going to ask where the link to the newest version was, but then I opened the app by accident and got the pop up to install the update.

I would never have thought to go into the app as it's been working perfectly the past few days...........I didn't want to mess with a good thing.......
    04-07-11 04:19 PM
    New UI is great with all the options we need. Tested fine with quick time but of course will test in the am.
    04-07-11 04:52 PM
    I installed the update, and was prompted to give the program "trusted application" status. That was not a problem, and I accepted. Went into the application options to see what permissions it wanted (I was just curious) and noticed the "Display Information When Locked" was denied... I enabled this, because I noticed that, in the morning, I have to unlock my phone in order to access the snooze controls.

I just tested it out to see if that would make the dialog box appear on the lock screen and.... it didn't work

So, if possible, could that be a feature for future versions?

This is a great idea and its definitely shaping up to be a application - I *almost* look forward to waking up in the morning now
    04-07-11 06:41 PM
    I installed the update, and was prompted to give the program "trusted application" status. That was not a problem, and I accepted. Went into the application options to see what permissions it wanted (I was just curious) and noticed the "Display Information When Locked" was denied... I enabled this, because I noticed that, in the morning, I have to unlock my phone in order to access the snooze controls.

I just tested it out to see if that would make the dialog box appear on the lock screen and.... it didn't work

So, if possible, could that be a feature for future versions?

This is a great idea and its definitely shaping up to be a application - I *almost* look forward to waking up in the morning now
    Yes, I believe that is possible and our BlackBerry developer is already working on something. Not sure if it will be live before our beta concludes though.
    cmcichon and trucky like this.
    04-07-11 07:12 PM
    I don't know if we broke your servers again, but when I go to update..it pauses, then closes Wakeful...and then....does nothing. Tried it several times. I even went to an old email with Wakeful and hoped that would do it...no dice...same issue....nothing. I feel like the jilted boyfriend. LOL
    04-07-11 07:25 PM
    Unfortunately, after several days of flawless operation, this morning the pop window did not appear. So the message played through twice then is was done.

Good Luck
    04-07-11 09:13 PM
    Downloaded the update and set an alarm to test it. Went off right on time, and when I let it play through to the end of the dialog - I COULD CLOSE IT!

Now we are on to something... Everything SEEMS to be working now. Litmus test will be in the AM when I use it to wake up at 5:00.

Great Work Folks!

PS: NO log sent this time....
    04-07-11 11:33 PM
    Aww man.. I guess I'll download the new version. Sometimes really hate this part of beta where everything works great for me and then BAM.. New version.. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 04:29 AM
    I don't know if we broke your servers again, but when I go to update..it pauses, then closes Wakeful...and then....does nothing. Tried it several times. I even went to an old email with Wakeful and hoped that would do it...no dice...same issue....nothing. I feel like the jilted boyfriend. LOL
    Wierd, our servers never experienced any downtime. Can you try clearing your cache on your BlackBerry Browser and try downloading again?
    04-08-11 06:02 AM
    Unfortunately, after several days of flawless operation, this morning the pop window did not appear. So the message played through twice then is was done.

Good Luck
    You're running the new 1.0.8 version? Can you send us you log? Be sure to include some description of the problem you're having so we can look into it.
    04-08-11 06:03 AM
    Wierd, our servers never experienced any downtime. Can you try clearing your cache on your BlackBerry Browser and try downloading again?
    I was able to download it this morning after I rebooted my phone. Must've been something regarding the device, rather than your servers. Never had that happen before.
    04-08-11 06:43 AM
    Yayyy!! A volume level 10!
    04-08-11 08:38 AM
    Upgraded my OS now I get the Invalid/email or password???
    04-08-11 08:43 AM
    All is working for me now with the new build!!!!!!!
    04-08-11 09:06 AM
    Im having the same issue. I have a Torch. I didnt do an OS update. Im trying to load this for the first time but i cant get past the registration part. It keeps telling me that the email address i entered is already in use. OK so maybe I registered on line? I dont think I did but I tried logging on with the same email address and password that I use for everything. it says invalid password.
    I tried creating an account again using different email addresses (i tried 5 different ones that I have) and every time i got a message saying the email address is being used.

Any suggestions?
    04-08-11 09:36 AM
    Same problem here
    04-08-11 09:36 AM
    Downloaded the update two times last night and prompted for a phone reboot, when rebooted phone was scramble. Lost themes and some apps. Something is not agreeing with the leaked .526. I don't know what caused this with both times I tried to upgrade. For now I am going to keep old version until I have time to down grade my OS and see if it does it again.
    04-08-11 09:41 AM
926 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD