It was! *waiting to read people's posts upon waking up to this* No one else has made a comment, makes me think I am, if not the only, then very rare user from Asia.
    03-31-11 09:32 PM
    I don't think you'll read much until tomorrow. Only ~50ish people had the same report you had, last time I checked. It just turned 12AM here and we're on the furthest point in North America.
    03-31-11 10:09 PM
    Where is the notification icon? I just see the regular alarm icon.
    03-31-11 10:21 PM
    Ha ha

Just woke up and the app made me smile.

Not to ruin it for others .

We'll done.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-01-11 12:23 AM
    Hahahaha!!! Good one. April Fools!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-01-11 at 12:28 PM. Reason: edited
    04-01-11 04:45 AM
    Bwaaahahhaahha.........you guys are a riot!

I loved the message this morning, thanks for waking me up with a smile..............
    04-01-11 05:53 AM
    Half awake... WTH??? HAH, good one!
    04-01-11 06:01 AM
    I deleted a post. Someone ruined it for me by repeating part of the actual message. Obviously Wakeful pulled an April Fools prank. NO one else spoil the joke! Don't talk about the actual message! You can of course talk about the fact that they pulled a prank, BUT let folks hear it themselves. Maybe late today we can tell folks what the actual message was after morning has hit most time zones. Sound good?

04-01-11 06:27 AM
    That was bad***!! I was like wtf! Oh man.. Good one!!

Ps - alarm went off perfectly - did not touch it since I set it on wednesday and have done reboots since.. So that's 2 days in a row.

Haha.. Laughing still

04-01-11 06:40 AM
    Great wakeup this morning....
    04-01-11 06:56 AM
    I deleted a post. Someone ruined it for me by repeating part of the actual message. Obviously Wakeful pulled an April Fools prank. NO one else spoil the joke! Don't talk about the actual message! You can of course talk about the fact that they pulled a prank, BUT let folks hear it themselves. Maybe late today we can tell folks what the actual message was after morning has hit most time zones. Sound good?

Ah damn, that sucks someone ruined it for you! Hopefully no one else ruins it for anyone! We'll post a video later today, when the majority of people have awaken.
    andyahs and pkcable like this.
    04-01-11 07:15 AM
    Hey guys, I had a couple issues this am. Alarm went off at 5 am as scheduled but..no voice. I also could not get the turn off feature to work at first but after pressing it numerous times it finally shut down. So I set it again for 6:18 this morning. Never went off at all, set again for 6:20..nothing, then at 6:25 my 6:18 alarm went off with voice. I also do not have a notification icon as others do if my alarm is set.
    Thanks!
    04-01-11 07:49 AM
    Went off for me right on time this morning!! although, I thought something was wrong with it

Great April Fool's guys!!!
    04-01-11 08:16 AM
    IT was such a great way to start the day.
    04-01-11 08:19 AM
    For the record, besides the GREAT laugh, I can report that the lockup after one play of the message bug is now gone for me. I got the message to play 3 times, plus I was able to use snooze, and it never locked up!!!!!!

GREAT April Fools prank, and an even better job smashing that nasty bug!!!!!!

EDIT: I don't want to overload the servers again, BUT I'd LOVE to report the prank to our bloggers for blogging late this after noon, should they so choose, would this be ok Patrick? Perhaps sometime AFTER you do the video and you could send it to them thru me, or probably you have direct contact, BUT if not get me via pkcable(at)crackberry.com (or the email you have for me in the beta records which I don't wish to post )
    04-01-11 08:45 AM
    04-01-11 08:45 AM
    That would be cool on the front page of cb .. Good think pk!

04-01-11 09:24 AM
    That was wrong to pull the post pk...you could have modified it... ;-)

04-01-11 09:59 AM
    First off - very well done. I even had to set another alarm so my wife could enjoy it.

Second - my device still locks up if the message is allowed to play all the way through. When I replayed the alarm for my wife, I was able to stop if halfway through the message, and there were no problems.

Help...

NOTE: Log sent...
    04-01-11 10:32 AM
    Hi, I live in Saudi Arabia, is there personalized weather here?
    To be specific, I live in Dammam.
    04-01-11 10:37 AM
    LOL! Very funny you folks at wakeful (April Fools)! That was a very funny wake up msg this morning! I forgot I had wakeful set to go off this morninng, it took me a moment to relize what I was hearing. It worked like a charm. Good job on resolving the past issues.
    04-01-11 11:21 AM
    Loved the April Fools, mine worked like a charm too, thankyou for the update.
    04-01-11 12:08 PM
    That was wrong to pull the post pk...you could have modified it... ;-)

restored and edited! It was like 6 in the morning my brain wasn't on yet!
    04-01-11 12:29 PM
    Glad to see everyone got some humour out of the alarm this morning! We had a golden opportunity and took it. We just uploaded a video for anyone who hasn't seen it or for anyone who wants to share it with their friends:

@pkcable Emailing you in a minute!
    04-01-11 02:54 PM
    Hilarious!!! Me and my wife were both laughing this morning. I told everyone at work about it. Very creative my friend, very creative.
    04-01-11 04:07 PM
926 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD