So far so good with update. Set and went off as scheduled in both bedside mode and out of.
    03-30-11 09:51 AM
    im stuck in an endless loop of "communicating with server" when I hit "test alarm"
    03-30-11 09:52 AM
    im stuck in an endless loop of "communicating with server" when I hit "test alarm"
    The dreaded new update server over-load....
    03-30-11 09:53 AM
    We just have too many people communicating with our server that it's clogging the upload bandwidth. Last time, our server actually crashed so we weren't able to fully understand what went wrong. At least now we know its just a limitation on our upload bandwidth.
    03-30-11 10:03 AM
    I figured as much .. Were good for crashin servers.. lol

I set it for 11 .. didnt go off .. set for 12 (at like 11:05 when it didnt go off.. it went off at 11:15.. hit set alarm again and we'll see what happens AT 12
    03-30-11 10:41 AM
    I received my email, thank you very much.

Had much trouble getting Wakeful to work for the first time, but that may have been due to the server problems mentioned above. After a couple of reboots, it began speaking to me.

The biggest problem I have with this is that it freezes my Bold 9650 and I have to reboot. Many others have posted the same problem. What I found is that if I stop the alarm within a few seconds of it speaking, there are no adverse effects. If I let the alarm continue until or near the end, then my device will freeze until I reboot.

Also, for those who say they have to set the alarm daily, I've noticed that the app remains in the background while an alarm is pending but shuts down once the triggered alarm stops (I stop it manually after a few seconds to avoid it freezing). This shut down is why you need to set the alarm on a daily basis. It may also contribute to why a completed alarm freezes the system: perhaps the Stop button is programmed to shut it down but the app itself is programmed to stay resident -- the conflicting instructions cause the system to freeze. (Just thinkin', not sayin'.)

Until there's a remedy, I cannot have Wakeful running on my 'Berry. I'll continue to test updates, though, and I'll stick with one that works. All others will have to be deleted.

-
    03-30-11 12:06 PM
    I too have found, through testing this AM, that if I stop the alarm before it gets to the "have a great day from Wakeful!", all works well. The freeze comes when Wakeful goes through the entire announcement.

I am glad to see (well, not glad, but...) Somebody else having the same issue with the same device. I was starting to look at other apps that might causing a conflict (there weren't any).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 12:29 PM
    I too have found, through testing this AM, that if I stop the alarm before it gets to the "have a great day from Wakeful!", all works well. The freeze comes when Wakeful goes through the entire announcement.

I am glad to see (well, not glad, but...) Somebody else having the same issue with the same device. I was starting to look at other apps that might causing a conflict (there weren't any).
    Misery demands company, I suppose.

Thanks for determining that no other apps are causing a conflict. You just saved many of us a lot of work!

-
    03-30-11 12:47 PM
    Forgive me if this has been asked and answered ...

I notice that Wakeful greets on a first name basis. Can there be a custom salutation option, instead?

I'm sure Barack Obama would like to be awakened with "Good morning, Mr. President," rather than "Good Morning, Barack." Likewise, I'm sure many beta testers would like to be greeted by their nicknames.

Personally, I'd like the female voice to wake me with "Good morning, you hunka hunka burning love," but that's just me.

-
    03-30-11 12:55 PM
    Forgive me if this has been asked and answered ...

I notice that Wakeful greets on a first name basis. Can there be a custom salutation option, instead?

I'm sure Barack Obama would like to be awakened with "Good morning, Mr. President," rather than "Good Morning, Barack." Likewise, I'm sure many beta testers would like to be greeted by their nicknames.

Personally, I'd like the female voice to wake me with "Good morning, you hunka hunka burning love," but that's just me.

-
    Change it to whatever you want in the account settings and yes it has been asked/answered.
    03-30-11 01:07 PM
    Change it to whatever you want in the account settings and yes it has been asked/answered.
    Yea, mine says "Good Morning Sexy......", every morning (when it's working). You should have heard my girlfriend's laughter first time she heard it.

I think we need to get this thing working right and then this needs to be a paid app to cover the server costs that wakeful is/will incur. OR they need to work in some sort of ad support. Has the feel of a 4.99 app to me, perhaps more, but working correctly, it's a premium app.
    03-30-11 01:30 PM
    Thanks for the update, will let you know in the morning if it works.
    03-30-11 02:18 PM
    I love it.

now mine says good morning big hunk of sexyness.............

Awesome
    03-30-11 02:23 PM
    Someone earlier in the thread even suggested you might use the first name field daily to send yourself reminder messages. i.e. "Good Morning Don't Forget Your 2pm Meeting....." etc And you just change your first name in the account settings every day and set whatever reminder you want. Golf game at 9am, Timmy's Soccer Game at 3pm, etc

Hopefully, eventually Wakeful will give us a separate reminder field, and maybe selectable content options for sports news, additional business news, etc
    03-30-11 02:42 PM
    Thanks, everyone, for the name tip.

I'll try it with the next update.
    03-30-11 02:48 PM

Hopefully, eventually Wakeful will give us a separate reminder field, and maybe selectable content options for sports news, additional business news, etc
    Heck yeah. That would be awesome right there.
    03-30-11 02:52 PM
    The reminders are a good idea but the funny wakeup call is the winner for me.

03-30-11 02:52 PM
    I installed the new version and set the alarm for an hour later this morning. The alarm went off. It went through the entire message without any problems on my S2. The issue I have been seeing with this app is that it ALWAYS works when you first install it. You have to run and monitor it over 3 or 4 days to see if any problems kick up.

I suspect we are getting to the point that the app itself is running good. It is the servers that really need to be tested. It's one thing for a beta group of 40, or whatever, to test it but how will they hold up when there are 10,000 or more users across several different time zones on the servers? What happens if everyone has their alarm set to go off at 6am? LOL

I see this app being ad supported at the very least. The message could be in the recorded alarm. "Good morning Bruce. Start your day off right at FourBucks Coffee. The temperature is ...."
    03-30-11 03:05 PM
    Working fine so far on my 9550 .1015 .. let you know tomorrow morning
    03-30-11 03:06 PM
    I installed the new version and set the alarm for an hour later this morning. The alarm went off. It went through the entire message without any problems on my S2. The issue I have been seeing with this app is that it ALWAYS works when you first install it. You have to run and monitor it over 3 or 4 days to see if any problems kick up.

I suspect we are getting to the point that the app itself is running good. It is the servers that really need to be tested. It's one thing for a beta group of 40, or whatever, to test it but how will they hold up when there are 10,000 or more users across several different time zones on the servers? What happens if everyone has their alarm set to go off at 6am? LOL

I see this app being ad supported at the very least. The message could be in the recorded alarm. "Good morning Bruce. Start your day off right at FourBucks Coffee. The temperature is ...."
    Very true about the servers but not sure about the ads.

I would happily pay cash for them not to be there

03-30-11 03:46 PM
    I would pay cash, if the price was reasonable, but it would get deleted off my Bold if it is ad supported. The last thing I want to hear in the morning, waking me up, is a commercial.
    03-30-11 03:53 PM
    I would pay cash, if the price was reasonable, but it would get deleted off my Bold if it is ad supported. The last thing I want to hear in the morning, waking me up, is a commercial.
    Man .. Im going to +1 .. +2.. +3...+4...+5...+6..+7..+8..+9..& +10 this right here!!
    03-30-11 03:57 PM
    I agree.

If the app is good (which it is ) it is worth my hard earned cash.

I must admit though.......

I hate that sunshine in the notification bar.

Just me.

App is still awesome.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-30-11 04:04 PM
    I agree.

I must admit though.......

I hate that sunshine in the notification bar.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Hey, I like the "Sunshine", but I only had it display for a day. I am still having my "lockup" issues, and my "sunshine" is missing.
    03-30-11 04:06 PM
    I assumed they took the notification icon away with .0.4

03-30-11 06:06 PM
926 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD