Relax guys:

Thanks everyone for trying out Wakeful! It appears the amount of people accessing Wakeful at one given time actually caused our server to crash. We had 5,000 alarm requests in under 20 minutes. Not to mention over 20,000 server requests for other things like location, create account and update account.
    03-23-11 06:28 PM
    Looks promising, but am having the same problem having the app recognize my location. I am in Vancouver - recognizes my time zone (correctly) as being the same as Los Angeles but does not recognize Vancouver as being a valid location...
    03-23-11 06:30 PM
    just got this email from wakeful:

Wakeful Server Stressed
    Thanks everyone for trying out Wakeful! It appears the amount of people accessing Wakeful at one given time actually caused our server to crash. We had 5,000 alarm requests in under 20 minutes. Not to mention over 20,000 server requests for other things like location, create account and update account.

We have resolved the server issue, but there's another issue regarding location right now. We use Google's API to get the best location suited to you. As of now they have limited our queries. We are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. In the meanwhile if you enter in a location it may tell you that it's "unknown".
    03-23-11 06:30 PM
    To even one having problem.
    I just a email from Wakeful about the Servers being stressed.
    They know about and are working to correct the problems.
    Here is a copy of the email >>>>>

Wakeful Server Stressed

We have resolved the server issue, but there's another issue regarding location right now. We use Google's API to get the best location suited to you. As of now they have limited our queries. We are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. In the meanwhile if you enter in a location it may tell you that it's "unknown".
    <<<<<<
    03-23-11 06:31 PM
    I got the same e-mail about the server stress and location issue about a minute after I made my post.
    03-23-11 06:44 PM
    However my log file is too long to copy and paste.
    Our latest version will let you send in your log, can you download the new version and then send us your log?
    03-23-11 06:49 PM
    Yep.. Hold tight.. They workin it out.. CB crashes another! Love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 06:49 PM
    I sent a huge log a cpl hrs ago.. No problems. Directly to the man himself.. No probs.. Except I tried to read it.. Too much scrollin..lol

03-23-11 06:51 PM
    Hey Guys! Sorry about the issues.... We definitely weren't anticipating that type of usage so quickly!

Things should be working a little more smoothly but we're still having issues regarding the locations.
    03-23-11 06:52 PM
    I'm having issues with the location setting.

I entered the info just like this.
    City Vernon
    State BC
    Country Canada

It says location unknown. What gives?
    03-23-11 07:01 PM
    Its Working!
    03-23-11 07:03 PM
    Its Working!
    Yes!!!!! Fantastic app!!!! Great work!!!

03-23-11 07:43 PM
    Waiting for the download link, but from the reviews this sounds excellent.
    03-23-11 07:51 PM
    Went to the website and signed up...this is my first post and first beta request, im excited to get in here and start learning how to start liking my blackberry again...looking at people talk in here makes me feel like im missing out on a lot, lol
    03-23-11 08:26 PM
    I just signed up just waiti n on the link!

03-23-11 08:55 PM
    Yep.. Hold tight.. They workin it out.. CB crashes another! Love it

Hey Guys! Sorry about the issues.... We definitely weren't anticipating that type of usage so quickly!

Things should be working a little more smoothly but we're still having issues regarding the locations.
    Appearing on the front page at 11am this morning, did the trick. But it's a good thing to work these issue out in beta. This is going to be a GREAT product.

Still like to see on the features list........

-Selectable content (sports scores, extended weather options, extentend business news options, other news options) Should all be selectable by user

-Reminder message field in alarm settings, for meeting notices, doctors appointments, other important daily messages.

-Ability for the alarm to get progressively louder each time it replays (in case user doesn't wake up) (should be optional)
    03-23-11 08:55 PM
    love this app so far. I'm having the problem with "unknown location" I looked at the log and it is trying to connect via wifi. I don't have wifi enabled. Shouldn't this work over the cell network. It would be better if it used the gps on the phone to pull the location. I also think that it would be great if we had a choice as to what information we woke up to. Thanks for the app i think its going to be great!
    03-23-11 11:06 PM
    Appearing on the front page at 11am this morning, did the trick. But it's a good thing to work these issue out in beta. This is going to be a GREAT product.

Still like to see on the features list........

-Selectable content (sports scores, extended weather options, extentend business news options, other news options) Should all be selectable by user

-Reminder message field in alarm settings, for meeting notices, doctors appointments, other important daily messages.

-Ability for the alarm to get progressively louder each time it replays (in case user doesn't wake up) (should be optional)
    Awesome ideas for future upgrades.
    03-23-11 11:54 PM
    I signed up just a minute ago. Sounds like a sweeet app, the more alerts it will give us without having to read it, the better!! When I click on the link to go to the site, it takes to a portfolio website?

Weird but app sounds awesome
    03-24-11 01:27 AM
    It takes me to a Ninja Otter website about building companies, hope this is normal.......lol
    03-24-11 01:28 AM
    Hiya guys n gals,

its worked for me this morning over 3G, Thankyou piwh1000, awesome.

My request is if voice can get more life like.

Great app.

Love it
    03-24-11 03:01 AM
    She woke me up right on time.. And snooze worked 3 times. Love the notification icon in banner.. And the pop-up when alarm goes off.

I did lose an unbelievable 56mb of mem from the time I went to sleep till when I got up. Haven't really looked into why yet.

03-24-11 05:55 AM
    Just got the prompt for the upgrade, thanks for putting the notification icon! The alarm has been working without any problems for me.
    03-24-11 06:10 AM
    I'm having problems with the volume - when I tried it 12 hours ago it seemed to be on full volume all the time, irrespective of what volume I set it to in the app. Now when I try it, it's very low volume for all values from 0 to 100. Also seems as though you cannot change the volume with the volume buttons during playback?
    03-24-11 06:34 AM
    Worked great.
    According to people above there must be options to change the male voice to female and also adjust snooze time??

Couldn't see that on mine last night when I was playing around with it.
    Do you adjust it on the web?

Cheers for a great little app.
    03-24-11 06:48 AM
926 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD