For some reason today I have 1 instance running on the background all the time. This had been fixed before. I upgraded last thursday and everything was fine. I didn't use it over the weekend and today I forgot to set it again. Weird. Anyone else having issues.
    03-21-11 10:43 AM
    Ok my alarm did not go off this morning either, BUT sending a fresh set alarm command (which I guess goes to the server???) seems to have fixed the problem. Perhaps others having the issue should try that.
    Yes, we actually concluded that people experiencing any problems should "reset their alarm clock". Just click on the "Set Alarm" button.

There are some other bugs we have found that we are working fast & furious on.
    BB Musketeers and trucky like this.
    03-21-11 10:49 AM
    For some reason today I have 1 instance running on the background all the time. This had been fixed before. I upgraded last thursday and everything was fine. I didn't use it over the weekend and today I forgot to set it again. Weird. Anyone else having issues.
    You should go into your BlackBerry and uninstall any Wakeful applications you see. There maybe two. Battery pull & reinstall..

Let us know if that resolves your issue.
    03-21-11 10:51 AM
    piwh1000,

I think this app is really shaping up. However, one caution I would give (which you probably already realize), is that although most people would forgive 90% or higher reliability in other apps, the same is not true for an alarm app. People are going to be looking for 100% reliability. For this app to do well, and not endure undue criticism upon release, it is going to have to be near flawless as to its ultimate purpose, which is to be a dependable alarm. It is my hope that you'll be able to ascertain what the bug is causing the alarm to periodically **** out. Once that happens, I think this app will be ready for release. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the beta process.

BB Musketeers
    03-21-11 11:12 AM
    I don't think mine went off this morning (but I can't be sure... sometimes I turn off alarms without remembering...).

With the exception of this morning, everything seems to be working well. This app keeps getting better and better! I am really looking forward to seeing the addition of personalizing the information being read. Hopefully I will be able to wake up hearing my agenda for the day from my calendar!!

Another feature request would be to add the ability to see when the upcoming alarms are set for while showing the clock in bedside mode. (Like the native clock.) I know it's possible to display info on that screen because the BreakingNews app currently in beat is able to pull it off. If this app is going to be a full replacement of the native alarm app, integrating it into the clock would make a big difference.

Keep up the great work!!
    03-21-11 11:17 AM
    I still only get beeps. Alarm set for few hrs/next day etc.. only beeps...
    03-21-11 02:42 PM
    You got the R2D2 version. ; )
    03-21-11 03:09 PM
    I guess, LoL
    You got the R2D2 version. ; )
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 03:33 PM
    piwh1000,

I think this app is really shaping up. However, one caution I would give (which you probably already realize), is that although most people would forgive 90% or higher reliability in other apps, the same is not true for an alarm app. People are going to be looking for 100% reliability. For this app to do well, and not endure undue criticism upon release, it is going to have to be near flawless as to its ultimate purpose, which is to be a dependable alarm. It is my hope that you'll be able to ascertain what the bug is causing the alarm to periodically **** out. Once that happens, I think this app will be ready for release. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the beta process.

BB Musketeers
    Yes - we definitely realize an app of this nature needs to be 100% reliable. We however did not realize all different environments people would be using our program in. This is causing a lot of unforeseen problems but we're working hard to increase our reliability and hope everyone will enjoy our final product and hang tight while we work through these bugs!

We will have a new version in the morning which hopefully fixes most of these bugs...
    03-21-11 05:06 PM
    I still only get beeps. Alarm set for few hrs/next day etc.. only beeps...
    I don't even have beeep beep beep alarm this morning

Now I tried to log out and sign in again, hope that will help I will go back to native alarm, and put Wakeful on side.. hoping it will back in action
    03-21-11 06:31 PM
    Hey, I accidentally deleted the email to download the app and now I can't re register to get it. I deleted it today by to see if I could sort out the issues I was having but now I'm SOL. Can you hook me up again?

03-21-11 06:32 PM
    This app has worked flawlessly for me since day one. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. I see that you are working hard to get this app 100% by responding to all the feed back. Thank you for your hard work.

03-21-11 09:18 PM
    Yes, we actually concluded that people experiencing any problems should "reset their alarm clock". Just click on the "Set Alarm" button.

There are some other bugs we have found that we are working fast & furious on.
    Generally I HATE thank you HOs, BUT I did find the bug, you guys should throw a few thanks my way too.

piwh1000,

BB Musketeers
    And this is EXACTLY why a good company like Wakeful beta tests before release. This is where we come in.
    trucky likes this.
    03-21-11 10:22 PM
    [QUOTE=pkcable;6151422]Generally I HATE thank you HOs, BUT I did find the bug, you guys should throw a few thanks my way too.

pkcable,
    You are the man! Thank you for your hard work on this also. ;-)

pkcable likes this.
    03-22-11 05:19 AM
    So now everyone who 'found a bug' should be able to show off as their 'thank you' count reaches higher than others.. :rollseyes:

Anyways... Looking forward to the new build!

03-22-11 05:47 AM
    Is there a single place where one could find full instructions, or a tutorial on the care and feeding of this Wakeful beast?
    03-22-11 06:01 AM
    Thanks for the link. Up and running again. No issues. I really love the volume options now. I have it set for 60% and works great. Still reading 8:00 as " eight O zero". No biggie.
    03-22-11 08:37 AM
    Love this, but finding one rather frustrating bug. The alarm is going off about 30 minutes past the time it is set for, but is telling me that it is in fact going off at the right time. In english, I set the alarm for 7:30 and it goes off at 8, but says it is 7:30... anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to correct?
    03-22-11 09:18 AM
    Love this, but finding one rather frustrating bug. The alarm is going off about 30 minutes past the time it is set for, but is telling me that it is in fact going off at the right time. In english, I set the alarm for 7:30 and it goes off at 8, but says it is 7:30... anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to correct?
    What time zone is your phone set to? That's really odd, because the application is just running off the time on your phone.
    03-22-11 10:07 AM
    New update everyone. If you run Wakeful on your device it should prompt you to update. Once you update, please make sure to reset your alarm clock. This should resolve most of the bugs from the weekend.
    03-22-11 10:11 AM
    Thanks for all your help. Will report back.
    03-22-11 10:48 AM
    Updated...so far so good. I see that the issue with the volume going back to 100, after moving to account settings and back to alarm settings has been rectified. I tested the alarm and seems to work fine. Thanks for your work on this.
    03-22-11 10:55 AM
    Automatic update worked smoothly.
    03-22-11 11:52 AM
    Glad it's working for everyone!
    03-22-11 03:06 PM
    It's working again. But, there is always a but, when I hit the snooze button Wakeful did not ever go off again.
    03-22-11 03:16 PM
926 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD