Battery usage will drop to almost nothing with our next version. The version we are running now doesn't even run in the background. It's very minimal.
    I did notice I lost about a hour on battery. No biggy tho', was already home when I needed to charge. Keep up the great work on this. All glitches that I have noticed you are on top of. Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 07:24 AM
    sounds like a great app. Just signed up. Looking forward to download.
    03-16-11 07:28 AM
    Worked fine this morning, HOWEVER it didn't even TRY to pronounce pkcable, it just said Good Morning. Gonna change it to Rich. To make sure changing it wasn't the culprit. I think it just didn't know what to say so it choose to say nothing, BUT we'll see tomorrow at 7:45.

I'm REALLY liking this app!
    03-16-11 09:02 AM
    Worked fine this morning, HOWEVER it didn't even TRY to pronounce pkcable, it just said Good Morning. Gonna change it to Rich. To make sure changing it wasn't the culprit. I think it just didn't know what to say so it choose to say nothing, BUT we'll see tomorrow at 7:45.

Sorry for OT: lucky you! If I got a chance to sleep until 7:45 in the morning, I'd be happy for any application call my any name!!
    But as I have it set at 5:45, even calling me 'Master of the Universe' is not making it any easier.
    ;-)

Back to the subject:
    OP--> I like this app very much. Once updated version is online, I'll send more detailed feedback.
    03-16-11 09:57 AM
    Update time...

I know you folks have been working on the server side of things, so I decided to re-download the app off the Beta link you originally sent and install it. Everything worked fine, after a reboot. Took my login info, set up a test alarm, and it worked. I got weather, news, my name (yea - not linking the guy telling me hello in the AM - gotta fix that one). So I set up a real world test last night to wake me up this morning. Again, it worked right on time (still that darned guy, though).

All seems to work well now. One request I will make (other than a female's voice), can we please get a volume adjustment option? My wife liked it not when it went off LOUD this morning. She offered (threatened) to place the BlackBerry in a location where I would be the only one hearing it, albeit a little muffled!
    03-16-11 12:15 PM

Weird - I just tried "pkcable" on my phone and it at least said what sounded like "cable". The voice could definitely use some improvement and this is something we are exploring.

I noticed this morning he said "1985" as one thousand nine hundred eighty five, which sounded weird in the context.
    03-16-11 12:30 PM
    Update time...

I know you folks have been working on the server side of things, so I decided to re-download the app off the Beta link you originally sent and install it. Everything worked fine, after a reboot. Took my login info, set up a test alarm, and it worked. I got weather, news, my name (yea - not linking the guy telling me hello in the AM - gotta fix that one). So I set up a real world test last night to wake me up this morning. Again, it worked right on time (still that darned guy, though).

All seems to work well now. One request I will make (other than a female's voice), can we please get a volume adjustment option? My wife liked it not when it went off LOUD this morning. She offered (threatened) to place the BlackBerry in a location where I would be the only one hearing it, albeit a little muffled!
    Hope your wife didn't give you too much grief

Glad this is working for you now, you were our only user on record who couldn't get it to work.

Volume control is in our development queue. It scares the crap out of me every time it goes off because its so loud.
    03-16-11 12:40 PM
    Volume control is in our development queue. It scares the crap out of me every time it goes off because its so loud.
    Thanks! It will be much better for the health of us all...
    03-16-11 12:56 PM
    Weird - I just tried "pkcable" on my phone and it at least said what sounded like "cable". The voice could definitely use some improvement and this is something we are exploring.

I noticed this morning he said "1985" as one thousand nine hundred eighty five, which sounded weird in the context.
    Could either be a server glitch, something in the updating, OR user error. Perhaps in my groggy, half awake state I just THINK it didn't say my name? Yesterday I wokeup before the alarm and heard it all clearly, but this morning, it actually did the waking. I'm away from my Berry at the moment (it's in the charging pod), but I will try a real world test and see what happens in a few and report back.
    03-16-11 01:56 PM
    This sounds pretty nice...better than the annoying blaring alarm sounds I usually set haha
    03-16-11 02:52 PM
    Could either be a server glitch, something in the updating, OR user error. Perhaps in my groggy, half awake state I just THINK it didn't say my name? Yesterday I wokeup before the alarm and heard it all clearly, but this morning, it actually did the waking. I'm away from my Berry at the moment (it's in the charging pod), but I will try a real world test and see what happens in a few and report back.
    Let me know how you made out with it this morning?
    03-17-11 05:34 AM
    Report Day 2
    Nothing changed (which is good), didnt encounter any problem at all getting used to the "shout"

I am now waiting eagerly for the update
    03-17-11 06:16 AM
    Update time...

Same thing here. The first couple of times the alarm was set, I got error messages. Then I started getting no error messages and still no alarm. Then I deleted the app and reloaded...and what do you know, I finally had the alarm go off. Not sure if its a bug or just a problem with permissions messing up upon loading, but its working now.
    03-17-11 07:16 AM
    so, no issues on my side, you know that. Something funny though, this morning I had the alarm for 7:00 on the dot and it said "7-o-0" hahaha. I think it was a bit confused. I get the point. I'll just put it for 7:01 hahaha. But it works just great
    03-17-11 07:22 AM
    Worked great this morning. Thought it would be funny to wake up to "Good morning, handsome." When I set it would have been a good time to remember that we don't have the option for female voice yet! This morning it was less funny than it was disturbing!

My wife got a kick out of it though.
    03-17-11 09:36 AM
    still waiting for dowloand.... sad. Want to try this!
    03-17-11 09:54 AM
    Worked great this morning. Thought it would be funny to wake up to "Good morning, handsome." When I set it would have been a good time to remember that we don't have the option for female voice yet! This morning it was less funny than it was disturbing!

My wife got a kick out of it though.
    LOL, wow that cracked me up!
    03-17-11 06:11 PM
    still waiting for dowloand.... sad. Want to try this!
    Going to have a new version tomorrow filled with awesome new features. You'll be glad for the wait.
    03-17-11 06:11 PM
    Going to have a new version tomorrow filled with awesome new features. You'll be glad for the wait.
    Can't wait...It is kinda funny, my son who is usually hard to wake up in the mornings seems to be waking up a little early so he can hear the alarm. He wants me to put his name in there so I think I will do that when new version is out just to see his big smile. Thanks again for a great app and hard work you continue to put into this.
    03-17-11 06:56 PM
    Looking fwd for this update. I love this app.
    03-17-11 09:49 PM
    All is well, the app is working GREAT! Looking forward to the new build.
    03-17-11 11:05 PM
    App is definitely working great - I've been ridiculously busy this week, but it's been running all that time and worked great the whole time.
    I checked the dl link, and it looks like there's not an upgrade yet - excited for when it comes
    03-18-11 12:06 AM
    spoiler plzz new feature in the next release.. Hehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-11 07:59 AM
    so, no issues on my side, you know that. Something funny though, this morning I had the alarm for 7:00 on the dot and it said "7-o-0" hahaha. I think it was a bit confused. I get the point. I'll just put it for 7:01 hahaha. But it works just great
    This has been fixed. Another server side bug.
    03-18-11 08:55 AM
    This has been fixed. Another server side bug.
    He's pronouncing humidity better now too. Clearly you guys ARE working on the server side of things too! Now GET US A NEW BUILD!!!!!! lol
    03-18-11 08:58 AM
926 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD