mine worked perfect no problems at all. I agree with certain things others suggested here like volume control snooze or an option for male or female voice. overall its a good app to have. goodluck
    03-15-11 10:29 AM
    +1 million on the snooze option!!!!!!!!!!
    03-15-11 10:36 AM
    My alarm didn't go off this morning. Not sure what happened. I'll have to try resetting it this evening and maybe even test it out this evening to see if I can get it to work.
    Could you look in your log to see if any errors are showing up? (hope you weren't late for anything)
    03-15-11 10:55 AM
    Ok everyone, we've identified a issues which we are currently looking to resolve:
    1) Location isn't always working. This needs to be fixed on Edit Location and Create Account.
    2) Auto-wakeup if in a powerdowned state
    3) Continue audio if interrupted by a sound notification.
    4) Icon on the main screen to notify user that an alarm is set.
    5) The application doesn't need to always be visible from Task Switcher.
    6) Updating your account appears to potentially break the product from working.

In addition we've identifited the following features to add:
    1) Snooze Option (+1 million votes from pkcable)
    2) Turn off news or turn off stocks.
    3) Choose between male or female voice.
    4) Volume control so everyone doesn't wake up to yelling....
    5) Ability to set Frequency alarms (aka set one-time, or set for the alarm to go off only on Mondays,Tuesdays & Wednesdays)
    6) Email log

Bold == done

We are also looking at making the screen "waking up friendly", so you're not glancing at pure white when you wake up. Also, there was a comment earlier about "Pattern Lock" or "Password Lock". As far as we know RIM currently doesn't provide an API for us to have our application appear before the "Password Lock", so unfortunately you would need to enter in your password before you can turn off the application.

We're working hard on everything above. If we missed anything let us know!
    Last edited by piwh1000; 03-18-11 at 04:17 PM.
    03-15-11 11:07 AM
    Could you look in your log to see if any errors are showing up? (hope you weren't late for anything)
    "Error while connecting to wakeful server: java.io.IOException: No Wi-Fi Connection."

BTW, the Wi-Fi is connected and not ten feet from where the phone was. Not sure why it would need Wi-Fi anyway.

I do power down my phone at night, but it woke up a full half hour prior to the alarm. Thanks for your concern about me being late to something. Fortunately, I've beta tested a few apps in the past and know better to rely on them off the bat. Nonetheless, I will say that the app is shaping up. Offers something no other alarm app offers.
    Last edited by BB Musketeers; 03-15-11 at 11:18 AM.
    03-15-11 11:16 AM
    Ok everyone, we've identified a issues which we are currently looking to resolve:
    1) Location isn't always working.

5) Ability to set Frequency alarms (aka set one-time, or set for the alarm to go off only on Mondays,Tuesdays & Wednesdays)

We are also looking at making the screen "waking up friendly", so you're not glancing at pure white when you wake up. Also, there was a comment earlier about "Pattern Lock" or "Password Lock". As far as we know RIM currently doesn't provide an API for us to have our application appear before the "Password Lock", so unfortunately you would need to enter in your password before you can turn off the application.

I'll let you know about item 6 tomorrow morning and no worries I have a backup alarm. I updated my profile. I went with Rich, as Richard is too formal, and I don't think it can handle pkcable, althought it might be fun to make it try. Perhaps we'll give that a go after tomorrow.
    03-15-11 11:29 AM
    "Error while connecting to wakeful server: java.io.IOException: No Wi-Fi Connection."

BTW, the Wi-Fi is connected and not ten feet from where the phone was. Not sure why it would need Wi-Fi anyway.

I do power down my phone at night, but it woke up a full half hour prior to the alarm. Thanks for your concern about me being late to something. Fortunately, I've beta tested a few apps in the past and know better to rely on them off the bat. Nonetheless, I will say that the app is shaping up. Offers something no other alarm app offers.
    If WiFi fails, it shouldn't matter because it will fall back on your existing data plan. Do you see any other errors in the log? Are you able to use Screen Muncher or something and send us a picture of the entire log?
    03-15-11 11:37 AM
    Sweet,

Looking fwd for the update. App works great. I love it. Thanks

03-15-11 11:41 AM

Sounds like you nailed it there. I think if you implement all those things ( and that's a lot IMO ), you will have a great alternative to wake up everyday. I tell you, it will be amazing really. I don't know if any other platform has such an app. I can tell you apple I don't think does. It will make a lot of ppl jealous for sure.
    03-15-11 11:47 AM
    If WiFi fails, it shouldn't matter because it will fall back on your existing data plan. Do you see any other errors in the log? Are you able to use Screen Muncher or something and send us a picture of the entire log?
    That is the only error mentioned in the log. I took a screenshot and can either send it to [email protected] or post it here later, when I get a bit of time. Just let me know your preference.
    03-15-11 11:51 AM

Also, there was a comment earlier about "Pattern Lock" or "Password Lock". As far as we know RIM currently doesn't provide an API for us to have our application appear before the "Password Lock", so unfortunately you would need to enter in your password before you can turn off the application.
    What a great list of fixes / additions to consider! Good luck. This is gonna be sweet!

I suggested the Pattern Lock idea. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. I am not using the native password lock. I am using the third party app patternlock (which has a free lite version in the CB appstore). While locked with patternlock, apps such as PicID, berrypopup and LeaveItOn can pop up over patternlock while locked, so it's definitely possible, just not sure how easily. Might require working with developer of patternlock (Tafasa), I don't know.

Additional feature suggestion:

I like the idea of being able to select or deselect news, weather, financial, etc. I would like to see it be taken one step further and see the ability to have my calendar events for the day read to me!
    Last edited by pezboy; 03-15-11 at 12:10 PM.
    03-15-11 12:08 PM
    Hey Guys - I just found a problem that affected anyone who tried to update their account. So far that has only affected a small amount of people... This may have been screwing up your alarm and causing it to just play the standard alarm.

I highly suggest anyone who tried to update their account to update their account again.

This problem was all server-side, so no new update required
    pkcable likes this.
    03-15-11 12:10 PM
    Hey Guys - I just found a problem that affected anyone who tried to update their account. So far that has only affected a small amount of people... This may have been screwing up your alarm and causing it to just play the standard alarm.

I highly suggest anyone who tried to update their account to update their account again.

Just tried editing location and got "The wakeful server is down, please try later."

Update: Looks like the change did stick even though the error popped up! I then went in and was able to change my name with no problem.
    03-15-11 12:13 PM
    That is the only error mentioned in the log. I took a screenshot and can either send it to XXXXXX or post it here later, when I get a bit of time. Just let me know your preference.
    Can you send it to my email? Did you try updating your account? If you did, this may have caused some issues and I'd suggest you try updating your account again.
    03-15-11 12:16 PM
    Hmmm. Just tested an alarm while listening to a podcast (using podtrapper) and the popup came up saying Good Afternoon, but there was no audio played at all. There was a very quick hesitation in the podcast (small fraction of a second), but then kept playing. Typically an audible notification while listening to podtrapper causes the podcast to pause until notification is done, then resumes.

I was on wifi with the device charging and using the headphone jack. Storm 9550 w/ OS .1015.

I tested it a second time doing the exact same thing and this time the alarm sounded correctly (minus weather). Weird. Will let you know if it happens again.

Don't see any errors in the log. Can you please add the ability to send log files to your list of features to add?
    03-15-11 12:36 PM

Now we ARE going to see how it handles pkcable. Just for laughs, I think, for general use I'll have it call me Rich. But following your instructions I updated my info again.
    03-15-11 12:46 PM
    What a great list of fixes / additions to consider! Good luck. This is gonna be sweet!

I suggested the Pattern Lock idea. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. I am not using the native password lock. I am using the third party app patternlock (which has a free lite version in the CB appstore). While locked with patternlock, apps such as PicID, berrypopup and LeaveItOn can pop up over patternlock while locked, so it's definitely possible, just not sure how easily. Might require working with developer of patternlock (Tafasa), I don't know.

Additional feature suggestion:

I like the idea of being able to select or deselect news, weather, financial, etc. I would like to see it be taken one step further and see the ability to have my calendar events for the day read to me!
    Ahhhh... I see what you're saying now. I'll pass along to our developer to see exactly how that would work.

Regarding your additional feature suggestion. That is our end goal is to provide a highly customizable application where you can add things like your Calendar of Events, application like Groupon to see what the deal of the day is, sports apps so you can hear how your fav. team is doing.
    03-15-11 12:47 PM
    Hmmm. Just tested an alarm while listening to a podcast (using podtrapper) and the popup came up saying Good Afternoon, but there was no audio played at all. There was a very quick hesitation in the podcast (small fraction of a second), but then kept playing. Typically an audible notification while listening to podtrapper causes the podcast to pause until notification is done, then resumes.

I was on wifi with the device charging and using the headphone jack. Storm 9550 w/ OS .1015.

I tested it a second time doing the exact same thing and this time the alarm sounded correctly (minus weather). Weird. Will let you know if it happens again.

Don't see any errors in the log. Can you please add the ability to send log files to your list of features to add?
    Odd indeed. Will add the email log request.
    03-15-11 12:48 PM
    Location problems should now be resolved. This was another issue server side, so doesn't require an update. All you need to do is update your location by clicking on the "Edit Location" button on the main Alarm Settings screen.

This will also solve the issues related to users not receiving the weather outside.

If it is still not working please let us know what location you are trying.

UPDATE: There appears to still be a small glitch. Hang tight! << Fixed
    Last edited by piwh1000; 03-15-11 at 01:17 PM.
    03-15-11 12:50 PM
    Getting a message -wakeful server is down.
    03-15-11 12:58 PM
    Getting a message -wakeful server is down.
    Fixed now - sorry!
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    03-15-11 01:16 PM
    Fixed now - sorry!
    Works on my end now. No error with location change. Tested 2 more times to see if weather would now be included. (Both times with podtrapper running again.) Both times there was no audible alarm. Popup came up (could see when backlight on).

Still not seeing an error in log.

Tested again without podtrapper on and worked fine (still no weather, though).
    03-15-11 01:34 PM
    One thing to consider regarding the snooze option - will Wakeful read the updated time?

If I'm snoozing away and Wakeful keeps telling me it's the same time as my alarm, I might not take it too seriously.

Just a thought...

And I love the notion of including calendar appointments. This has the makings of a killer app!
    03-15-11 01:41 PM
    Works on my end now. No error with location change. Tested 2 more times to see if weather would now be included. (Both times with podtrapper running again.) Both times there was no audible alarm. Popup came up (could see when backlight on).

Still not seeing an error in log.

Tested again without podtrapper on and worked fine (still no weather, though).
    Ok - this time I fixed the weather issue. We're still looking into the other issues you are experiencing.
    03-15-11 01:49 PM
    One thing to consider regarding the snooze option - will Wakeful read the updated time?

If I'm snoozing away and Wakeful keeps telling me it's the same time as my alarm, I might not take it too seriously.

Just a thought...

And I love the notion of including calendar appointments. This has the makings of a killer app!
    We're going to have to evaluate this. It may cause too much stress on our server to regenerate a new audio every snooze...
    03-15-11 01:51 PM
926 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD