Ok really interesting. Guess we never noticed in our testing because all of our notifications are always set to vibrate

We'll get back to the drawing board tomorrow morning! Getting late here... Cheers!
    03-14-11 07:56 PM
    Downloaded a little bit ago and been playing around with it some.
    When the alarm went off, my back light was off at the time
    and stayed dark (off). It would be nice if it turned on the back light when ringing.

How about some kind of icon on the home screen when the alarm is set?
    03-14-11 07:59 PM
    Yes.. BBs i general cant play 2 sounds at the same time. So if Wakeful is playing, and another alert for emails come in - it will cut Wakeful out and play the email alert.

Now, In BB native media player - the alert will play and media player will "pause" - let the alert play - then resume. This would be ideal for Wakeful to do also..

Hope that helps -- my explanations sound better in person than typed out..
    Good explanation. Thanks for clarifying for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 08:02 PM
    How about some kind of icon on the home screen when the alarm is set?
    Ooh! How about getting rid of the icon on the task switcher and instead have an icon. The icon could have the alarm time on it. Like some of the calendar icon apps that update with the fate on the icon. This would give you an "at a glance" ability to are when your next alarm is.

03-14-11 08:16 PM
    Ooh! How about getting rid of the icon on the task switcher and instead have an icon. The icon could have the alarm time on it. Like some of the calendar icon apps that update with the fate on the icon. This would give you an "at a glance" ability to are when your next alarm is.

That sounds good. As long as there is something to remind
    me that the alarm is set. I don't need to forget that I have
    it set and have it going off someplace quiet.
    03-14-11 08:26 PM
    Yes.. BBs i general cant play 2 sounds at the same time. So if Wakeful is playing, and another alert for emails come in - it will cut Wakeful out and play the email alert.

Now, In BB native media player - the alert will play and media player will "pause" - let the alert play - then resume. This would be ideal for Wakeful to do also..

Hope that helps -- my explanations sound better in person than typed out..
    This depends on CDMA vs GSM blackberries.

GSM blackberries can play 2 sounds simultaneously, CDMA cannot.
    03-14-11 08:42 PM

Learn something new everyday. I had no idea. Thanks papped!
    03-14-11 08:58 PM
    Ok, all is working nicely for me. I also second the option for vol control/diff voice/snooze opt and anyway to have an icon on the homescreen to show when the alarm is set? Also anyway for us to control/select the content of what the actual alarm message says?

Also my screen doesn't light up once the alarm goes off.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 03-14-11 at 10:13 PM.
    03-14-11 10:06 PM

You're right .. I always forget that.. Good call sir.
    03-14-11 10:34 PM
    A little icon in the notification bar (similar to the option that Meterberry has) would be perfect.
    03-14-11 11:14 PM
    I'll let you know how the app is tomorrow morning sometime after 7:45.

03-14-11 11:49 PM
    Worked great this morning. An icon on desktop to show next alarm would be good. Snooze option would be a plus also. Great app so far.

03-15-11 05:12 AM
    I had no issues with it this morning. Didn't get the weather update either, just the news and what not. Agree with volume control and a snooze option. I think it's a great starting point you have going on here, really. It was on time and no issues. The volume is pretty loud for sure, and the snooze I think will make it more useful. I see it defaults to wi-fi, which is fine for me but I don't see any user options to modify, maybe because it's just beta? Are you planning on making an options menu. Also if I turn my default alarm off and just use the app, I don't get a notification icon that an alarm is set. That would be useful.
    I have a Torch BTW, in case you need to know.
    03-15-11 07:20 AM
    Worked GREAT this morning! I agree with the others we NEED more voices and the voice itself needs work, he butchered humidity (of course I rarely get that right myself!). I wonder what would happen if I change my profile name to pkcable, how he will try to say that?!? lol
    03-15-11 07:44 AM
    Worked fine for me this morning too.. Had my native alarm set too. It started, then wakeful took over. It still shows up in app switcher even when I've logges out. Changed location and it gave me server down error. It must not like the area I live - can't blame the app for that..lol

03-15-11 07:51 AM
    Worked great this am. I have no problem with the voice as it is but a few different choices would be nice. Also agree that turning on the backlight would be nice.

Thanks for a great app that will only get better i'm sure!

03-15-11 08:02 AM
    I have been getting the server down error trying to edit location since yesterday early evening.

I have tested the alarm a bunch of times and every once in a while, instead of speaking, its a super aloud alarm chime that keeps beeping. It was happening while on wifi, but I can't get it to consistently happen so I don't know what's causing it. Happened 3 times out of probably 15 or so.

I, also am still not getting weather. Never have yet.

And, as someone already mentioned, that white screen sure is bright to look at first thing in the morning!!
    03-15-11 08:06 AM
    Worked fine for me this morning too.. Had my native alarm set too. It started, then wakeful took over. It still shows up in app switcher even when I've logges out. Changed location and it gave me server down error. It must not like the area I live - can't blame the app for that..lol

How did it do with the pronounciation of Kolonji?
    03-15-11 08:53 AM
    Just tested setting an alarm and then locking my device with patternlock. Alarm went off as it should, but the popup to turn it off did not popup over patternlock. That means that I have to unlock the phone before I can shut off the alarm. Not only is that inconvenient (especially if you are sleepy), but if I was not by my phone when the alarm goes off, the only way someone else could shut it off would be to give them my password to unlock it. (Although at its current state, an incorrect attempt at unlocking makes a sound, which shuts the alarm off.) I tried setting the "Display Information While Locked" permission to Allow and rebooted, but that didn't make a difference. I have other popup apps that do pop up over patternlock, so it is possible to do.
    03-15-11 09:22 AM
    Maybe I just couldn't find it, but this app needs a volume control.
    And when it said "good morning Shane" I about crapped myself lol. You need a warning for that.

03-15-11 10:02 AM
    Maybe I just couldn't find it, but this app needs a volume control.
    And when it said "good morning Shane" I about crapped myself lol. You need a warning for that.

lol - Especially when it's a dude's voice!
    03-15-11 10:03 AM
    Hahaha, yeah!

03-15-11 10:05 AM
    Worked well for me this morning...at first it was a bit unsettling, but I really like the personal touch.

I don't think I heard weather either...but I was just waking up.

I agree with everyone about snooze options, volume control, and a banner notification (not having the app show up in the ribbon). I also like the idea of multiple alarms, but that is not a key requirement for me.
    03-15-11 10:10 AM
    Great- worked perfect. I agree with the said concerns. Awesome though

03-15-11 10:13 AM
    My alarm didn't go off this morning. Not sure what happened. I'll have to try resetting it this evening and maybe even test it out this evening to see if I can get it to work.
    03-15-11 10:22 AM
926 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD