Hi, we finished an app today that measures your typing speed. The score you achieve can be posted to our website where scores from all users are collected and displayed in ranking system. It would be nice if this ranking system is somewhat populated before it goes online (to App World).

Please help us and download the app from our website and show us your BlackBerry typing skills!

Go to: qbotron � King Typist – Coming Soon (Beta available) (From your device)
    Scroll little down, download appropriate install file for your device!

Since it is a Beta, it is important that you email us if you find any bugs! Please let us know at: [email protected]!

Thanks all Now GO SPREAD THE WORD!

Here are some screenshots of the app:

Last edited by gyubok; 01-13-12 at 09:42 PM.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    01-13-12 08:48 PM
    For which OS are you looking for beta testers?
    01-13-12 09:23 PM
    OS 5.0 and above!
    01-13-12 09:27 PM
    I'll test it for ya!
    01-13-12 10:51 PM
    I am in also.
    01-14-12 03:44 AM
    Tested the app for over 15 mins. No bug or whatsoever found. But when using the long press on the trackpad to access short menus no images appear, but i am sure you are aware of the issue.

My record was 60, I achieved a couple of times, I couldn't go further
    01-14-12 03:59 AM
    Downloading, will try to remember to leave some feedback later
    01-14-12 01:58 PM
    Thank you everyone! To be honest, we didn't expect anyone to participate

@emirozmen It's good to hear that there's no bug! We're not looking into creating images for the short menu at the moment but something definitely to consider in the future release to make the app more complete

What we are ultimately trying to achieve with this beta release is to see if the app runs fine on ALL devices so it would help if you can get your friends with variety of BlackBerry to try it out

We're also in the process of creating one for iOS so we can compare the scores - also to simple show off that we can type faster than them

** The invite to download is not working right now since the app is not available on the App World, but will be soon!
    01-14-12 04:48 PM
    Bug Found. Email Sent!
    gyubok likes this.
    01-14-12 04:49 PM
    Bug fixed! Uploaded new version!
    01-14-12 05:39 PM
    Just had time to test your app.
    First off, I love the stuff you have us type.
    Secondly, I did notice when I typed, it would not take my speed until I got the entire message correct, as it is written above.
    Third, when I type a typo, when I used the touchscreen to locate the typo, it froze my device and forced a battery pull. This behaviour is consistant. Did it 3 times.
    Fourth, it did not happen when I used the trackpad to locate the mistake.
    Fifth, I love the option in the menu to find out who said the quote.
    Last, I could only get to 31 WPM (but only after I memorized the first saying).
    01-14-12 06:25 PM
    @cntrydncr223 thanks for beta testing! The behavior where it freezes your phone is really weird. We've had similar app like King Typist before and the freezing only seem to occur for Torch users and we never figured out why!! Now the 9810 seemed to have inherited this mysterious freezing behavior ...

Does it freeze when you touch the typo-ed word?
    01-14-12 06:55 PM
    @cntrydncr223 thanks for beta testing! The behavior where it freezes your phone is really weird. We've had similar app like King Typist before and the freezing only seem to occur for Torch users and we never figured out why!! Now the 9810 seemed to have inherited this mysterious freezing behavior ...

Does it freeze when you touch the typo-ed word?
    You are most welcome. It is my pleasure!
    It only happened when I touched the typo (and fixed it), not when I scrolled to it (and fixed it).
    01-14-12 07:28 PM
    Thank you for all your support, King Typist will be available tomorrow via App World with bug fixes + bbm integration + feature addition!

but,,, we still cannot reproduce the freezing bug on Torch devices. So all your Torch users out there, please try it out and let us know if you also see the freezing bug!

Again, the support email is: [email protected]

Thanks!
    01-17-12 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD