OS 5.0.0.607
    05-27-10 02:12 PM
    BlackBerry: Bold 9700
    OS Version: 5.0.0.680

Best Regards!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-27-10 02:37 PM
    Hi All,
    Thank you for your interest in beta. I have send the beta cut to few members. Please check your PM and let me know about any issues, suggestions, feedbacks on the forums itself.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    05-28-10 07:17 AM
    Ani, when I charge my Blackberry, it goes into bedside mode. I wait for the screen saver to come up but instead, the two little icons (info and settings) on the top right show up and everything else is blank. When I move the trackball a little bit, THEN the screen saver comes. Could be a glitch?

Also, on the "Clock" screensaver, what is the temperature that is showing? Is that the internal Blackberry temperature?
    05-28-10 09:47 AM
    When I get a leave it on popup, it puts the screensaver to the background. But when I click on the popup to open whateer app I got a notification from, the screensaver resumes.
    05-28-10 11:07 AM
    Ani,
    I am using this beta version with your SMSpopup app, and your threaded SMS app. When I get a SMS message and the screensaver is active, if I hit the reply or forward button, the screensaver stays active. So I have to hit the exit button and then the screensaver stops to show that the threaded SMS app was sitting there waiting on me to start typing a reply. Other than that one glitch, it seems to be running GREAT!
    05-28-10 01:35 PM
    The screen saver works, but when I get a LeaveItOn popup, the screen goes all white. Seems like a weird glitch.
    05-28-10 08:37 PM
    Dear All,
    Thank you for the feedback. We are working on a fix, for the issues with the Popup apps and other glitches. A newer upgrade will be available with fix and some more Screensavers.

Regards,
    Ani
    05-29-10 07:44 AM
    I think it would be nice to choose after how many seconds we want the screensaver to come up (both on the homescreen and in any app), rather than limiting it from 60 secs or 120 secs. I don't know how hard that would be to program, but I think it would make it more user friendly
    05-29-10 11:21 AM
    I am starting to like this app.

It's pretty cool because you can set it up so only the screen savers you want to appear show up. Even the bubbles is starting to grow on me.

One suggestion- on the battery screen saver with the time, it would be cool to incorporate an active alarm on this screen. Telling me when my daily alarm is set for. Similar to the stock clock.

Otherwise I really like this.
    05-29-10 04:18 PM
    This app only works sometimes for me. Very nice screen savers. I'm looking fwd for the next ver, having issues others mentioned above. I have a password on my phone so I guess this app doesn't work when the phone is lock?

What does the Decay ScreenSaver do? Nothing happens when I preview this one and I notice for the Bouncing Text Screen Saver, if you have the text too long it gets stuck in the corner and stops bouncing.
    05-30-10 12:07 AM
    I really enjoy this app a lot. I agree with a previous comment above, it would be nice to be able to add how many seconds till the screen saver pops up etc. I think it would also be great if you had added an option to be able to use you media pictures as a screen saver as well. In all works great on my phone and I can't wait till the official one comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 03:18 AM
    Major improvement from the first animated screensaver. Would love to see the option for different movement on the blue balls screensaver. If the circle of balls rotated and pulsed, that would be incredible! Much prefer a lucid screensaver that's easy on the eyes compared to fast movement. Option to change ball color would be nice as well.
    05-30-10 10:33 AM
    Another problem I see is...I have my backlight set to go off after 20 seconds. But in the screensavers app, I have it set so that the screensaver comes on after 60 seconds when I am on my homepage. The way I would think it would work is...my backlight would go off after 20 seconds, then at the 60 second mark the screensaver would come up.

The way it is working now is that my backlight is staying on for the full 60 seconds and then the screensaver is coming up. This will REALLY kill the battery very fast.

The same is true for when I am in an app and set the time for 120 seconds.

Edit: Another suggestion I have is...once the screensaver comes up, have a time that would allow the user to select (or type in) how many seconds they want the screensaver to show, before the backlight goes off again.
    05-30-10 11:06 AM
    Dear All,
    Thank you for the feedback. We are working on a fix, for the issues with the Popup apps and other glitches. A newer upgrade will be available with fix and some more Screensavers.

Regards,
    Ani
    I've sent you two PM's with feedback on the app

05-30-10 12:31 PM
    When the screensaver comes up, two little icons come up at the top right for Info and Settings. I think they should be limited to when you go into the app only. Just my opinion.

Edit: Just asthetic-wise...when you go to the settings for the "bounce" screensaver, the "L" in 'low' is not capitalized
    Last edited by RGunturi; 05-30-10 at 01:31 PM.
    05-30-10 01:21 PM
    Ani,

I would like to review the app if you are still looking for testers for the 8330.

Version 4.5.0.175

05-30-10 02:08 PM
    I'm in if you need a tester for 8350i curve with 5.0

05-30-10 02:33 PM
    Any updates on this Ani?

Another suggestion: You have the Enable or Disable option for when the phone is NOT charging. I would suggest that you have the same option for when the phone IS charging.

I like to have my phone on bedside mode when its charging so the clock application comes up. But when it is time for the screensaver to come, all I see is a blank screen. After I scroll the trackball a little, THEN the screensaver starts. Additionally, once the phone goes into bedside mode, the screensaver just pauses in whichever position it is in. I couldn't find a way to disable the screensaver when I am charging. The clock app isn't listed in one of the apps that could be selected to not show the screensaver in.
    06-01-10 09:52 AM
    I love the app so far. No bugs to report yet.

One thing that does bother me is when adding apps to not start the screen saver on you have to select full menu then add. Having the full menu automatically come up would me better.

Also any future changes to allow you to scroll through your pictures folder as a screensaver?

06-01-10 05:35 PM
    To the members of Pvt Beta Team -
    A new version of Animated Screensavers v3.02 is now available. The latest version includes some new features -

When on a call - Enable/Disable
    - If a call is active, the app will not run.

Option to Auto-engage screensaver when user plugs-in the charger.
    - If the user puts the device on charging, screensavers will start automatically.

Option to auto-lock when screensaver engages.
    - Auto-lock screen when screensaver closes.

When BB is in bedside mode, Screensaver does not come up until trackball is moved.
    - Fixed, now Screensaver will work in bedside mode also.

A popup apps clashes with Screensaver app.
    - Fixed, when a new app is launched then the screensaver closes.

Please download it from the usual link. In case you don't have it in your BlackBerry Browser history you can check it in your PM. In case you have deleted your PM, then PM me and I will send across the link.

Let me know your feedback and suggestions..

Regards,
    Ani
    06-02-10 08:24 AM
    To the members of Pvt Beta Team -
    A new version of Animated Screensavers v3.02 is now available. The latest version includes some new features -

When on a call - Enable/Disable
    - If a call is active, the app will not run.

Option to Auto-engage screensaver when user plugs-in the charger.
    - If the user puts the device on charging, screensavers will start automatically.

Option to auto-lock when screensaver engages.
    - Auto-lock screen when screensaver closes.

When BB is in bedside mode, Screensaver does not come up until trackball is moved.
    - Fixed, now Screensaver will work in bedside mode also.

A popup apps clashes with Screensaver app.
    - Fixed, when a new app is launched then the screensaver closes.

Please download it from the usual link. In case you don't have it in your BlackBerry Browser history you can check it in your PM. In case you have deleted your PM, then PM me and I will send across the link.

Let me know your feedback and suggestions..

Regards,
    Ani
    Lots of new improvements. Comments: 1) The new "auto-lock" function is not working on my phone. 2) I don't see a "Clock" app under the "Do not show in app" section. 3) When a LeaveItOn popup comes up, the screensaver still doesn't "shutdown". I get a white screen as long as the popup is present. The screensaver resumes again after the popup leaves.

Will report more if I see any.

Edit: Another issue I see is...when the device is NOT charging, you have to press a button to start the screensaver. It doesn't start by itself.
    Last edited by RGunturi; 06-02-10 at 11:42 AM.
    06-02-10 09:26 AM
    Just downloaded the update.
    Might I suggest an option to remove screensavers? I'm about to try doing it by manually removing some cod files... I'll post again if that messes something up.
    Also like the idea of using a custom pictures folder as the screensaver.
    It seems to close when I get a leave it on popup.
    Oh, and the 5 second timer takes more like 8 seconds. I need that fixed lol.

Edit:
    Also, rather than the blue screen of death, what would be way cooler would be BlackBerry error screens I have the java error 507 screen if you need any.

Last edited by SCrid2000; 06-02-10 at 08:51 PM.
    06-02-10 08:32 PM
    Just downloaded the update.
    Might I suggest an option to remove screensavers? I'm about to try doing it by manually removing some cod files... I'll post again if that messes something up.
    Also like the idea of using a custom pictures folder as the screensaver.
    It seems to close when I get a leave it on popup.
    Oh, and the 5 second timer takes more like 8 seconds. I need that fixed lol.

Edit:
    Also, rather than the blue screen of death, what would be way cooler would be BlackBerry error screens I have the java error 507 screen if you need any.

I know what you mean Scrid. If you have one screensaver enabled all the way at the bottom of the list, you have to scroll all the way down right? How about making all the ones that are enabled appear at the top of the list?
    06-02-10 09:12 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD