To the members of Pvt Beta Team -
    A new version of Animated Screensavers v3.02 is now available. The latest version includes some new features -

When on a call - Enable/Disable
    - If a call is active, the app will not run.

Option to Auto-engage screensaver when user plugs-in the charger.
    - If the user puts the device on charging, screensavers will start automatically.

Option to auto-lock when screensaver engages.
    - Auto-lock screen when screensaver closes.

When BB is in bedside mode, Screensaver does not come up until trackball is moved.
    - Fixed, now Screensaver will work in bedside mode also.

A popup apps clashes with Screensaver app.
    - Fixed, when a new app is launched then the screensaver closes.

Please download it from the usual link. In case you don't have it in your BlackBerry Browser history you can check it in your PM. In case you have deleted your PM, then PM me and I will send across the link.

Let me know your feedback and suggestions..

Regards,
    Ani
    Nice update, everything seems to be working on my end.
    06-02-10 11:09 PM
    3) When a LeaveItOn popup comes up, the screensaver still doesn't "shutdown". I get a white screen as long as the popup is present. The screensaver resumes again after the popup leaves.

Will report more if I see any.

Edit: Another issue I see is...when the device is NOT charging, you have to press a button to start the screensaver. It doesn't start by itself.
    Hi RGunturi,
    Ensure that you have allowed all the permissions to the app. Just go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > EmpowerScreensavers > Edit permissions (menu item) > set all Options to 'Allow' under Connections/Interactions/User-Data. 'Save' these changes.

Also, recheck if the Jack Screensaver was active at that moment as it contains a white screen.

Now, recheck if your issues are fixed or not and let me know.

Thanks,
    Ani
    Last edited by ani; 06-03-10 at 01:04 AM.
    06-03-10 12:16 AM
    Also, rather than the blue screen of death, what would be way cooler would be BlackBerry error screens I have the java error 507 screen if you need any.
    Not a great idea I guess. We have had a lot of users complaining that "Their blackberry crashed after installing this app" And that too when the BSOD prominently displays - "windows" - in almost all screens.

We had to add about it in the description on appworld, asking people to stop giving bad reviews that it crashes the device
    06-03-10 05:14 AM
    The manage screensavers screen needs a makeover. The designer has still to give me better design for it.

The custom pictures folder screensaver is ready, but is pending some integration issues. We would release it in a few days.

When a popup comes, the screensaver doesn't shut down. It just freezes in its current state. It resumes after the popup is dismissed unless the popup opens some other application. This may be the reason the background would sometimes appear white when a popup is displayed (eg when the Jack screensaver is active)
    06-03-10 05:21 AM
    I downloaded the new update yesterday. I have to say I like the changes to the setup screen. It's much easier to setup.

I've notice a big drain on my battery however. I had a full charge on my battery last night but when I woke up this morning I only had 25% battery left. The only change from yesterday morning to this morning was downloading the new update. I did not get this kind of drain with the previous version.

EDIT:
    Also, I have pattern lock on my phone. I noticed that if I have pattern lock set to activate before I have the screensaver set to activate then the screen saver never starts.
    Last edited by valorian; 06-03-10 at 07:50 AM.
    06-03-10 07:46 AM
    I notice when I put my phone to charge and it enters bedside mode - yes the screensaver starts automatically but then the clock would come back on briefly afterwards. I guess I may need to chg the setting in bedside mode not to display the clock in order for the screensaver to work?

I guess this app are for ppl who leaves their backlight on always with its charging and keep their phone unlock. My phone backlight turns off in 20 secs to conserve battery and its' password locked. I wish there was a way for it to work when phone was password locked, but I know it cant or even work if the backlight turns off. Other then that, the app seems to be working properly. Nice app.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 06-03-10 at 08:28 AM.
    06-03-10 07:57 AM
    Not a great idea I guess. We have had a lot of users complaining that "Their blackberry crashed after installing this app" And that too when the BSOD prominently displays - "windows" - in almost all screens.

We had to add about it in the description on appworld, asking people to stop giving bad reviews that it crashes the device
    Lol that is too funny.
    Is there anyway in older os's (4.5) to have the screen stay on but the keyboard lighting turn off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 09:05 AM
    Hi RGunturi,
    Ensure that you have allowed all the permissions to the app. Just go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > EmpowerScreensavers > Edit permissions (menu item) > set all Options to 'Allow' under Connections/Interactions/User-Data. 'Save' these changes.

Also, recheck if the Jack Screensaver was active at that moment as it contains a white screen.

Now, recheck if your issues are fixed or not and let me know.

Thanks,
    Ani
    I have all the permissions set to Allow. I am using the Matrix screensaver and I am getting the white screen. I have all other screensavers disabled except for the Matrix one.
    06-03-10 09:23 AM
    I also get a white screen when the screensaver is active, and I get a missed call. The notification where it says "You have X missed call" and has the View and Close buttons...this is what causes the white screen when I get the missed call.
    06-04-10 12:26 PM
    I've notice a big drain on my battery however. I had a full charge on my battery last night but when I woke up this morning I only had 25% battery left. The only change from yesterday morning to this morning was downloading the new update. I did not get this kind of drain with the previous version.
    Hi valorian,
    Are you sure that the culprit is Empower Screensavers. Please recheck and verify as I am unable to replicate this issue on all my test devices.

Also, let me know if any of the other beta users of v3.02 are facing the issue of battery drain, so that I can do some more research.

Best,
    Ani
    06-07-10 01:34 AM
    Dear Beta Team,
    I am looking into the issue of white screen in screensavers when some other activity triggers on your BlackBerry. Also, the other suggestions are being considered, an updated version will be available with fixes later today.

Best,
    Ani
    06-07-10 01:43 AM
    Dear Beta team members,
    I have uploaded a new version 3.03 of Animated Screensavers app with 4 more Screensavers. No functional changes have been made in this version. It also contains the much awaited My Pictures Slideshow Screensaver.

Please install this version from the regular beta link. In case you don't have it in your BlackBerry Browser history you can check it in your PM. In case you have deleted your PM, then PM me and I will send across the link.

Let me know your feedback and suggestions..

Best,
    Ani
    06-07-10 07:56 AM
    Thank you Ani.... Way to stay on top on things.
    Question though - Is there an option to remove the two buttons that show up on the screen saver occasionally? Its not really a bad thing, just a preference that I would like to be able to choose to have them appear.

I am looking at the new screen savers now, So far the only thing that needs attention is the options for "Drops on screen" the last option now lists "Vipe Speed". I think you are wanting to say "Wipe Speed"?

Will post more as I test it out......

Thanks!
    Last edited by Scupnlow; 06-07-10 at 08:47 AM.
    06-07-10 08:07 AM
    So far so good. Very happy with the new ones. However, it would be nice if the My Text screen savor allowed for more then a couple of words in the screen instead of just a few and if more the screen won't function. Other than that Great work!! Absolutely love this app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by liviloo; 06-07-10 at 11:46 AM.
    06-07-10 11:25 AM
    ANI, Otherthan installing the update I made no other changes to my phone. I have to change the setting to only turn on while charging because two days in a row I would wake up to an almost dead battery. Since changing to only turn on when charging my battery no longer drains overnight.

I'll install 3.03 tonight and see how that works.
    06-07-10 12:00 PM
    Well I've been using 3.03 for a couple days now and I love the new screensavers. The picture changer screensaver works great.
    I decided to try running the screensaver overnight but I'm still getting bad batter drain. Last night I had a full charge when I went to bed and this morning I was below 50%. Not as bad as last time though. Without the screensaver I only lose at most 25% running overnight. I still run it during the day but I have to turn it off at night.

One other thing I've been noticing, when the screensaver is running, sometimes all I have to do is swipe accross the screen to disable it. Othertimes swipping or clicking the screen will not disable it, only pressing the blackberry button or one of the other buttons will disable it. Is this normal?
    06-10-10 10:47 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD