06-24-10 09:05 AM
55 123
tools
    What happened to this app? Was looking good just needs bigger screen and numbers
    06-07-10 08:39 PM
    Dear Beta team members,
    I have uploaded a new version 1.3 of Simple Tip Calculator app. This version will fix the issue of small font on Storm devices and will work in landscape mode. Also, now it saves the value of tax and split (values entered the last time app was accessed).

Please install this version from the regular beta link. In case you don't have it in your BlackBerry Browser history you can check it in your PM. In case you have deleted your PM, then PM me and I will send across the link.

Let me know your feedback and suggestions.

Best,
    Ani
    06-08-10 06:58 AM
    9650/5.0.0.699

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 07:30 AM
    I can't use because it expired should I uninstall and reinstall
    06-08-10 02:45 PM
    can't run the app:

"Uncaught exception: Field added to a manager while it is already parented."
    06-08-10 06:18 PM
    Lots of Storm users

Model: 9700
    06-08-10 10:29 PM
    Dear Beta users,
    Please check your PM, I have send the registration details. It will register the app on your device.

Thanks,
    Ani
    06-09-10 12:44 AM
    can't run the app:

"Uncaught exception: Field added to a manager while it is already parented."
    Hi beebea,
    I will recommend you to first re-install the latest version 1.3 and register it on your device. Now, recheck if the app works. In case you get the exception, please let me know in detail the exact screen where you are getting this error.

Thanks,
    Ani
    06-09-10 12:49 AM
    Ani

Registration procedure went through. Exited out of those screens and when try to open the app i get that same message
    Last edited by geetwos; 06-09-10 at 09:33 PM.
    06-09-10 07:17 AM
    i re-installed but i never saw the expiry screen. it just prompted me to reboot. i rebooted, clicked on the app icon, same message as above.

i should note that i never d/l'ed the initial beta offering. just this new version.
    06-09-10 07:59 PM
    just got the registration ...registered it now a few mins ago...gonna go try it out at ihop will be back with news on it later...thnx ani
    06-09-10 09:06 PM
    Dear Beta team members,
    I have uploaded a new version 1.32 of Simple Tip Calculator app. This version should fix the issue of exceptions that many users are getting.

Please install this version from the regular beta link. In case you don't have it in your BlackBerry Browser history you can check it in your PM.

Best,
    Ani
    06-12-10 05:09 AM
    Ani,

This worked.
    I'm still having a little trouble with the size of the font. It's much better than before but still a little too small for me. Also you can't use it in landscape. You can't change any number values. Only works in portrait mode.
    06-12-10 08:47 AM
    Downloaded the latest version. It works fine in portrait mode on my 9550, but doesn't work properly in landscape mode. It won't accept input in landscape mode unless you enter a leading zero in the field. For example, the program won't accept a value of "50," but will accept a value of "050." If values are entered that way in landscape mode, the calculations appear to work.

Also, it would be nice to be able to set a theme as a default.
    06-12-10 11:05 AM
    Came across another issue. On a 9550 running .607, when the application is started in landscape mode, the screen is cut off on the right side after switching to portrait mode.
    06-12-10 01:00 PM
    I noticed what NOtJustaphone says. Happens with mine too
    06-13-10 08:43 AM
    thanks for the registration fix.

comments same as above:
    - font too small

- can't enter values in landscape unless value is entered with a 0 prefix

also:
    - can't hide keyboard in either landscape or portrait view. you have nice graphics at the bottom but it's obscured by the keyboard

- after entering all values and pressing "enter", the keyboard reverts to alphabet mode rather than remaining in numerical mode

haven't experienced the image bug that NotJustAPhone is talking about.

otherwise a very nice application.
    06-13-10 10:19 AM
    any news on this app
    06-18-10 07:48 PM
    Dear Beta team members,
    I have uploaded a new version 1.44 of Simple Tip Calculator. This version should fix the issues with the interface. Also, it includes Options (menu item) for users to select, if he/she want Tax and Tip In Percentage or In Value. The details, can be mailed using the quick Email button, now.

You can install this version from the regular beta link. In case you have missed the link, just PM me so that i can send it across.

Thanks,
    Ani
    Last edited by ani; 06-19-10 at 05:04 AM.
    06-19-10 05:01 AM
    Ani
    You still can't enter any value amount in landscape mode. You can only start it with a 0

Portrait mode works fine.
    06-19-10 09:02 AM
    Ani
    You still can't enter any value amount in landscape mode. You can only start it with a 0

Portrait mode works fine.
    same here.
    06-19-10 10:40 AM
    bug: after entering the tip and clicking the "Enter" key, the cursor returns to the Amount($) field. when pressing the BB menu key, there are options in the menu to call, sms, mms that dollar amount. so it will look like this:

Options
    Sober Theme
    ---------------
    Select
    Clear Field
    ---------------
    Call 25.46
    SMS 25.46
    MMS 25.46
    ---------------
    Switch Input Language
    Enable Full Keyboard
    ---------------
    Hide Keyboard
    Switch Application
    Close

same thing happens when you press the enter key to move down to the Tax($) field. in both cases, it only happens when the fields are populated.
    Last edited by beebea; 06-19-10 at 11:19 AM.
    06-19-10 11:14 AM
    I downloaded the new version and as some other folks have noticed, the program won't accept values in landscape mode on my Storm 2 unless you enter a zero first.

The glitch I saw when switching from landscape to portrait appears to have been fixed. The larger fields and text are a nice improvement.

06-19-10 06:24 PM
    bug: after entering the tip and clicking the "Enter" key, the cursor returns to the Amount($) field. when pressing the BB menu key, there are options in the menu to call, sms, mms that dollar amount. so it will look like this:

Options
    Sober Theme
    ---------------
    Select
    Clear Field
    ---------------
    Call 25.46
    SMS 25.46
    MMS 25.46
    ---------------
    Switch Input Language
    Enable Full Keyboard
    ---------------
    Hide Keyboard
    Switch Application
    Close

same thing happens when you press the enter key to move down to the Tax($) field. in both cases, it only happens when the fields are populated.
    I saw the same glitch and also noticed that when you open the menu there's an option to "Add to Contacts." When you select it opens a new address entry with the value of the amount field appearing in the field for a work phone number.

06-20-10 09:57 AM
    I saw the same glitch and also noticed that when you open the menu there's an option to "Add to Contacts." When you select it opens a new address entry with the value of the amount field appearing in the field for a work phone number.

didn't spot that before, but same here with "Add to Contacts".
    06-20-10 12:17 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD