will they be able to see it if it is a thumbnail?
    If I understand your question correctly, no.
    This app basically "tricks" your blackberry into thinking the photo is not a photo file.
    To be more specific, it makes your BlackBerry think the picture is a ".emp" file, rather than a ".jpg" file by renaming the picture. For example, if a picture was saved as "photo.jpg", this app renames it to "photo.jpg.emp". Computers read only the name after the last "." and there's no native BlackBerry programming to understand .emp as a photo.
    If someone actually looks at all the files on your berry, they'll see the file name (so make sure you don't name a picture something like "me and stacy getting it on" if your girlfriend is named jessica ) but they won't be able to see the picture or a thumbnail for it.

Hope that makes sense and answers your question

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 12:52 PM
    Ok I was able to encrypt folders ok. While doing so however, the phone was unresponsive for awhile. I guess this is normal since it's performing a function.

The problem I'm having is I cannot decrypt the folders. When I click on decrypt the phone is unresponsive for a while and a white screens displays for a short time, then when I go to the desired folders the pics are not showing but when I explore the folder it shows still being encrypted. I tried multiple times to decrypt and even unchecked the folders. I still cannot decrypt the folders. Also after trying to decrypt the folders once I go to view pics the pics shows vs when I go to a folder I didn't encrypt and select view folder it says no encrypted pics avail.

Also a good suggestion as mentioned prior would able to encrypt individual files. Also could you have display an icon on the folder once it's encrypted as a visual verification and once decrypt the icon goes away.

Ok I notice the folder decrypts only using the menu option, but not using the icon.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 06-26-10 at 08:19 PM.
    06-26-10 07:54 PM
    Storm 2 9550

06-26-10 11:22 PM
    Count me in! I have 8530 os 5.0

06-26-10 11:40 PM
    Question Ani:
    I noticed that secure photo is always running in the background. is there a reason for this?
    I have the same question regarding qilox.

06-27-10 12:31 PM
    can it secure folders of photos? 4.5 8320 curve here
    06-27-10 11:22 PM
    I have experienced the application freezes when selecting Encrypt or Decrypt. I have a large numbers of photos on my BlackBerry. Could this be causing the issue? Also, I have been unable to determine when folders are encrypted or decrypted as there is nothing showing in the black box which I would expect to have a checkmark or something in when encrypted. Additionally, I could not tell which photos were encrypted when looking in the photo folder since they did not show and neither did anything that would identify which ones were. Thanks for the opportunity to test. I always love your apps and have most of them. I'm really looking forward to the battery app since my 9700 is hard on batteries.
    06-27-10 11:52 PM
    8900 5.0.411
    06-28-10 08:53 AM
    Interested in seeing how this one plays out.

06-28-10 12:27 PM
    When I encrypt or decrypt their is no option to select which ones, it does them all. When encrypt there should be an option to use a picture as a wallpaper or something. It freezes for about 30 sec. when I decrypt or encrypt. Other it does what it supposed to do. I would like to be able to make a selection though!!
    06-28-10 12:32 PM
    So far everything seems to be running fine. Here are a few thoughts I had for it:
    -I would like to see a way to encrypt single files, unless I am totally missing on how to do it now?
    -Is it possible to have an option to show on the menu or not. Sometimes having it called out in the menu brings on more curiosity. Maybe setup to allow some type of special keystroke to show/hide on menu bar?
    -Can you incorporate an option to allow for all file types, not just pictures?

Ani,
    All of your new apps seem to have their own icon, are you moving away from having the new apps setup inside of Empower Central? I have to admit that I love the idea of going to one place to edit/setup all of your programs. Made things a lot easier.....
    06-28-10 12:41 PM
    I have experienced the application freezes when selecting Encrypt or Decrypt. I have a large numbers of photos on my BlackBerry. Could this be causing the issue? Also, I have been unable to determine when folders are encrypted or decrypted as there is nothing showing in the black box which I would expect to have a checkmark or something in when encrypted. Additionally, I could not tell which photos were encrypted when looking in the photo folder since they did not show and neither did anything that would identify which ones were. Thanks for the opportunity to test. I always love your apps and have most of them.
    These are the exact issues I am having. Otherwise, I like the concept.
    06-28-10 09:03 PM
    Dear Beta users,
    Please check your PM, I have send the registration details. It will register the app on your device.

Thanks,
    Ani
    06-29-10 12:26 AM
    Beta working great so far; if I'm understanding right, it does the same general thing as BlackBerry App World, puts an extension on the file name? So if something were to happen to my BlackBerry, I would still be able to get the pictures off the sd card.
    When I first encrypted a folder, my phone froze up for a minute (no hourglass, just froze up) but it all worked fine, so kudos
    Only suggustion I have is a way to encrypt individual photos, rather than whole folders (unless I just missed that part).

Hi SCrid2000,
    Yes, you are right that it changes the file extension but it doesn't do only that. You can recheck by renaming the image and try to view the image. You won't be able to view it as Secure Photo app encrypts the images along with renaming them.

The app encrypts the images for which it takes some time in processing resulting in freezing of your Berry for few seconds.

To encrypt an individual image, just open that image in your Media and click on encrypt image menu item.

Regards,
    Ani
    06-29-10 01:23 AM
    The problem I'm having is I cannot decrypt the folders. When I click on decrypt the phone is unresponsive for a while and a white screens displays for a short time, then when I go to the desired folders the pics are not showing but when I explore the folder it shows still being encrypted. I tried multiple times to decrypt and even unchecked the folders. I still cannot decrypt the folders. Also after trying to decrypt the folders once I go to view pics the pics shows vs when I go to a folder I didn't encrypt and select view folder it says no encrypted pics avail.

Also a good suggestion as mentioned prior would able to encrypt individual files. Also could you have display an icon on the folder once it's encrypted as a visual verification and once decrypt the icon goes away.

Ok I notice the folder decrypts only using the menu option, but not using the icon.
    Dear tfrankson,
    Dev team is analyzing and looking into the matter of decryption through menu and view.

Regards,
    Ani
    06-29-10 01:41 AM
    I have experienced the application freezes when selecting Encrypt or Decrypt. I have a large numbers of photos on my BlackBerry. Could this be causing the issue? Also, I have been unable to determine when folders are encrypted or decrypted as there is nothing showing in the black box which I would expect to have a checkmark or something in when encrypted. Additionally, I could not tell which photos were encrypted when looking in the photo folder since they did not show and neither did anything that would identify which ones were. Thanks for the opportunity to test. I always love your apps and have most of them. I'm really looking forward to the battery app since my 9700 is hard on batteries.
    Hi Scarlett,
    To encrypt individual photographs explore them under Media and click on Encrypt image (menu item).

Secure Photo app Options screen shows delay for those folders listed under it. Like, if you select a folder 'Pictures' under the app and set delay time to 5 mins then the app will automatically encrypt the image after 5 minutes, whenever a new image is added to that folder.

Regards,
    Ani
    06-29-10 01:48 AM
    Question Ani:
    I noticed that secure photo is always running in the background. is there a reason for this?

Yes, the app is always running in background to be able to detect new images being added to the folders listed under it. Maybe you add a new image under Pictures which have been set to encrypt after 5 minutes, then it will detect adding of image and encrypt it accordingly.

Regards,
    Ani
    06-29-10 01:57 AM
    So far everything seems to be running fine. Here are a few thoughts I had for it:
    -I would like to see a way to encrypt single files, unless I am totally missing on how to do it now?
    -Is it possible to have an option to show on the menu or not. Sometimes having it called out in the menu brings on more curiosity. Maybe setup to allow some type of special keystroke to show/hide on menu bar?
    -Can you incorporate an option to allow for all file types, not just pictures?
    Hi Scupnlow,
    There is option to encrypt individual images using the Media app. I have forwarded your suggestion for the menu to our dev team for further thoughts.

A general file encryptor is a good suggestion, but this app has been developed for a specific need of target audience. We will work on a project like this in future. For the time being you can try AppLock from Empower.

Also regarding Empower Central, AppWorld was not able to handle multiple apps under the same library. Like if you have more than 1 app under Empower Central, deleting 1 app resulted in deletion of another app also. Even installation of a new app resulted in overwriting of pre-existing app.

Regards,
    Ani
    06-29-10 02:10 AM
    When I encrypt or decrypt their is no option to select which ones, it does them all. When encrypt there should be an option to use a picture as a wallpaper or something. It freezes for about 30 sec. when I decrypt or encrypt. Other it does what it supposed to do. I would like to be able to make a selection though!!
    Hi luvable31,
    Nice suggestion to select and deselect the images, will be added in our upcoming version.

Regards,
    Ani
    06-29-10 02:12 AM
    I don't suppose you require a tester using a BB9700 on an older OS? If so, Id be happy to assist.

I am aware I am late, but one can always ask.

Cheers
    06-29-10 08:12 AM
    Great, Thanks was able to register without issues.

Dear Beta users,
    Please check your PM, I have send the registration details. It will register the app on your device.

Thanks,
    Ani
    06-29-10 11:53 AM
    Thanks for the replies Ani
    I should've figured that bit about running in the background.
    That's cool too that you can't just rename it to be able to view it. Awesome app, I'm about to register it.
    06-29-10 01:21 PM
    It's not running int he background for me..

Also I noticed there is no "Select ALL" options. Say I want to encrypt all my files. I have to chose them folder by folder. There should be an option to facilitate this.

Also. When I go in picture and hit "View encrypted images", i do see the pictures I've encrypted there but, I think the should be a decrypt option there as well.

Just my .02c
    06-29-10 03:53 PM
    Just noticed. After a battery pull, the picture I had as wallpaper was encrypted so no wall paper. That's not important but when I go to "all pictures" now and hit view encrpted images and type in my password, it says no encrypted images here :/

06-29-10 04:05 PM
    Dear Beta team members,
    Version 1.1 of Secure Photo app has been uploaded. This version should fix the issue of 'No encrypted images' message when you click to view encrypted images.

Please install this version from the regular beta location and let me know your feedback.

Regards,
    Ani
    07-02-10 07:42 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD