Ok, how does it work ?? LOL.. Do friends have to have the program ?
    friends MUST have the program

if your friends have a BB, feel free to share the OTA url with them. if they have an iPhone, they can download the app from itunes store at iTunes Store
    06-19-09 03:48 PM
    Dear beta testers,

we hope you are all doing well and upgraded to the latest beta version we published last night.

we would love to see screenshots of the application in action on various phones. you can use "CaptureIt" screen capture tool to snapshot the screen of your blackberry. we will keep the screenshots private and not publish them anywhere - this is just for our own use to make sure the app looks good on all the various screens and devices out there. we are just perfectionists, what can i say

to download CaptureIt, visit:

The Tech Mogul - Welcome To TheTechMogul

thanks!

(if you prefer to email the screenshots instead of PM, you can do that too: [email protected] -- thanks again folks!)
    06-19-09 03:52 PM
    Dear beta testers,

wanted to run something buy you. i understand that remembering to manage your status can be a pain -- heck, even we don't always remember to do that ourself. so to solve this problem on the iPhone we created a "Status Automator" tool where you can configure different statuses to repeat at certain time and days (so for example if you got a meeting from 2PM to 5PM every MWF, you can configure the application to automatically set your status to that).

however, on the blackberry (unlike on the iPhone), developers have ability to query the Calendar and so my question to you all is this: would you want an option (disabled by default of course) which would let the application to automatically set your status to whatever the Calendar currently is?
    06-19-09 11:15 PM
    Dear beta testers,

wanted to run something buy you. i understand that remembering to manage your status can be a pain -- heck, even we don't always remember to do that ourself. so to solve this problem on the iPhone we created a "Status Automator" tool where you can configure different statuses to repeat at certain time and days (so for example if you got a meeting from 2PM to 5PM every MWF, you can configure the application to automatically set your status to that).

however, on the blackberry (unlike on the iPhone), developers have ability to query the Calendar and so my question to you all is this: would you want an option (disabled by default of course) which would let the application to automatically set your status to whatever the Calendar currently is?
    Umm, well sounds cool, but I always input stuff on my calendar and leave it as busy, just because I'm lazy, so half the time it would show that on the application. Still good idea.

But being able to set one specifically for the application (if possible) would be cool, because that way I can make sure that it shows the right status, and useful as I always forget to change it

Great app, I'll send you the screenshot later
    06-19-09 11:21 PM
    do you pay for beta test?
    06-20-09 03:55 AM
    do you pay for beta test?
    nope, sorry.. its a free app.
    06-20-09 03:56 AM
    I have a question...

I had a friend of mine add whatsapp, she set her status and for some reason it won't show on my screen. Even when I search for her.

Her phone# is set as "mobile" in my address book.

Also, my whatsapp doesn't have a "settings" section...

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 08:48 AM
    hi there,

thank you all for your help with beta testing of the app. we have a new beta release available for you to download from our OTA site (if you forgot the URL, simply PM me for it)

in the new build we optimized greatly network consumption of the application and also added an option for you to specify the network you want us to use: BIS, BES or TCP.

as always, can't wait to hear feedback and bug reports. thanks!
    06-24-09 03:31 AM
    hi there,

hope testing is going well for everybody. we have a few important announcements for everybody running beta:

1. if you are not running version 0.18 or above, please upgrade ASAP. failing to upgrade will cause your blackberry to explode ok, it will not explode, but you still should upgrade as there are a few issues with earlier versions.

2. we pushed version 0.20 out to our OTA install site which now has "tell a friend" feature -- now you can get your iphone/blackberry friends to install the app in a few short steps

3. the beta OTA installation URL is now open to everybody at WhatsApp BB Beta OTA

thank you all for your help and looking forward to getting more feedback and suggestions from you all.

(as always, remember to uninstall the old version first before an upgrade)
    06-26-09 09:49 PM
    Hi im really interested in trying this app but cant find a version for my blackberry anywhere any chance i can still find this from somewhere?
    11-12-09 02:16 PM
    page not found.

hi there,

hope testing is going well for everybody. we have a few important announcements for everybody running beta:

1. if you are not running version 0.18 or above, please upgrade ASAP. failing to upgrade will cause your blackberry to explode ok, it will not explode, but you still should upgrade as there are a few issues with earlier versions.

2. we pushed version 0.20 out to our OTA install site which now has "tell a friend" feature -- now you can get your iphone/blackberry friends to install the app in a few short steps

3. the beta OTA installation URL is now open to everybody at WhatsApp BB Beta OTA

thank you all for your help and looking forward to getting more feedback and suggestions from you all.

(as always, remember to uninstall the old version first before an upgrade)
    11-12-09 05:49 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD