*This thread is for ShortcutMe beta testers with BlackBerry Tour 9630*

Need beta testers who can test new features in the ShortcutMe 3.5

Will give out 5 free licenses of ShortcutMe to beta testers.

If you are interested in beta testing, please send email to support at fonware dot ca.

In your email please specify the followings:
    Your BB model number (= 9630),
    Your BB OS version,
    Your CrackBerry user name,
    Used ShortcutMe before? Own a license key already

If you don�t know ShortcutMe see the following video clips:

Do you want to double click (from anywhere) to see the weather forecast for your city and other 3 cities in less than 2 seconds later?
    See video (61 seconds) demoing this feature:

Do you want to double click at any time to capture the current screen?
    See video (46 seconds) demoing this feature:

What about double clicking to toggle Bluetooth?

See video (46 seconds) demoing this feature:

New YouTube HD clip for ShortcutMe, the fastest BlackBerry Shortcut application, can be found here:

07-20-09 07:16 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 08:02 PM
    Looks pretty sweet! I'd love to give it a go!

07-20-09 08:28 PM
    not bad
    07-20-09 08:29 PM
    Email sent! I hope I can help ya!!!

07-20-09 08:46 PM
    hey, i'm posting on here like you asked!
    07-20-09 10:18 PM
    Email sent!

07-20-09 10:30 PM
    one thing i've noticed, the bluetooth toggle setting doesn't seem to work right, it goes to the options screen but won't enable bluetooth

i made a shortcut for it and in the parameters i put 5;1;500 and it still just opens the options screen
    Last edited by Adiliyo; 07-20-09 at 10:42 PM.
    07-20-09 10:37 PM
    Sent my email!
    07-20-09 10:38 PM
    Count me in! Looks sweet!
    07-20-09 10:39 PM
    So far it works well. I have not tried it with the bluetooth yet, but so far so good. I will definitely try it out more tonight and tomorrow and report back what I find. Thanks!
    07-20-09 10:46 PM
    email sent...hope im one of the five
    07-20-09 10:52 PM
    I haven't had much time with it yet but I'll report back tomorrow when I get more time.
    07-20-09 11:34 PM
    Just downloaded and ran ShortcutMe. I cannot believe its a beta. Works perfectly for me with the apps I need. Powerful, double, triple, quad clicks all work great. I can have shortcuts for everything.
    07-21-09 12:01 AM
    email sent.
    07-21-09 12:11 AM
    one thing i've noticed, the bluetooth toggle setting doesn't seem to work right, it goes to the options screen but won't enable bluetooth

i made a shortcut for it and in the parameters i put 5;1;500 and it still just opens the options screen
    Sounds like a Permission issue.
    ShortcutMe needs to have all its permissions set to Allow before it can do the BT toggling (and few other tasks).
    It can be done by going to
    "BB Home Screen>Options>AdvanceOptions>Applications", find and highlight ShortcutMe, Press Menu Key and select "Edit Permissions", set all to allow and save.

Regarding parameters:
    5;1;500
    If BT toggling is not always successful, try more delay (i.e. 5;1;1000).
    Last edited by Vijik; 07-21-09 at 06:09 AM.
    07-21-09 05:57 AM
    Important info for new ShortcutMe users:

To be able to efficiently use ShortcutMe, assign both convenience keys to ShortcutMe (Can be done in "BB Home Screen>Options>"Screen/Keyboard")

Then to run your shortcut you have following options:

1- ConvenienceKey + your shortcut (i.e. ConvKey+A+B for address book, or Conv.Key+U+D for Utility-DeviceInfo)

2- ConvenienceKey + part of your shortcut + trackball clicking, i.e. Conv.Key+W (W for Web shortcuts) then select your shortcut and click trackball

3- Multiple Click convenience Keys (Setup done in ConvKey>MenuKey>"MultiClick Config."
    07-21-09 06:08 AM
    Testing one of the new features in 3.5 (3.4.4.0 beta)

Please try the followings and report back:

1- Create a shortcut (ConvKey>MenuKey>"Add New Shortcut") with the following settings:

-AppName: StocksOverview
    -Parameter: rimm;rim.to;slb (add any stock ticker you are interested in and found in finance.yahoo.com, separate with ; )
    -DisplayName: Stock Overview (or whatever you want)
    -ShortcutChar: S O (or whatever you want)

2- Create a similar shortcut for right conv. key quadruple click (in ConvKey>MenuKey>"MultiClick Config.")

Let me know how these two shortcuts work and how long it takes for SCM to bring up the stock data.

(Stock indexes doesn't work properly. I will fix it soon)
    07-21-09 06:24 AM
    Prpblem I found that is the same for all browser launchers: when I make a browser link (or even use the google one) it says the "protocol is not supported by the device please use a different url"

07-21-09 06:29 AM
    Prpblem I found that is the same for all browser launchers: when I make a browser link (or even use the google one) it says the "protocol is not supported by the device please use a different url"

What Parameter (and AppName) have you used?
    07-21-09 06:39 AM
    Sounds like a Permission issue.
    ShortcutMe needs to have all its permissions set to Allow before it can do the BT toggling (and few other tasks).
    It can be done by going to
    "BB Home Screen>Options>AdvanceOptions>Applications", find and highlight ShortcutMe, Press Menu Key and select "Edit Permissions", set all to allow and save.

Regarding parameters:
    5;1;500
    If BT toggling is not always successful, try more delay (i.e. 5;1;1000).
    that worked! i always assume the window comes up in every app to allow it permissions and forget when it doesn't in some.
    07-21-09 06:53 AM
    that worked! i always assume the window comes up in every app to allow it permissions and forget when it doesn't in some.
    I haven't seen this on any other BlackBerry Model/OS.
    All other BB/OS, as you said, popping up a panel letting you know about the needed permission settings. But not on Tour.
    07-21-09 07:16 AM
    What Parameter (and AppName) have you used?
    Appname: Browser
    Parameter: www.google.com

The preset one that was on the list when you download the app. M.crackberry.com doesn't work either

07-21-09 07:20 AM
    Appname: Browser
    Parameter: Google

The preset one that was on the list when you download the app. M.crackberry.com doesn't work either

Try this and see how it goes:

parameter: http://www.google.com

Adding http was not needed before, but based on the error message you get this might help.
    What happens if you go to Browser from BB Home Screen and type in only Google (removing http://)in the address field?
    Last edited by Vijik; 07-22-09 at 01:51 AM.
    07-21-09 07:24 AM
    One thing I noticed is the Bluetooth toggle does not work if you have BerryBuzz 2.0 installed due to BerryBuzz adding a entry in the options menu above the Bluetooth entry.

EDIT: Developer showed me how to fix problem by using custom parameters.
    Last edited by kamilli0n; 07-21-09 at 08:52 AM. Reason: fixed
    07-21-09 08:22 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD