ProfilerX is a tool to automatically switch Sound Profiles for BBOS4.7 and higher. ProfilerX is the next generation of ProfilerPro. If you are not familiar with ProfilerPro then read it here ProfilerPro - Automate sound profile switching - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

ProfilerX lets you automate profile switching with different methods. The most basic one is Time Schedule. Here are the available methods.

1. Time Schedule
    2. Location Base using Cell Tower Info
    3. BlueTooth Connection
    4. WiFi Hotspot

Features
    1. Automatically switch sound profiles
    2. Turn off Bluetooth and/or WiFi with each scheduled profile
    3. Can mix any profile methods eg: time schedule, location base
    4. Turn off WiFi when the BB is connected to the handsfree when you are driving
    5. Switch profile when you arrive work or home
    6. and more

Limitations
    1. Profile switch is delayed when the BB is in the Holster. Once you unholster the profile will switch automatically
    2. Profile switch is delayed when the keyboard is locked or password locked on OS5.0 only
    3. Profile switch is delayed when the password locked on OS6.0 only. Keyboard lock will not work due to different BBOS versions
    4. All of above cases you will receive a vibrate. Once you unholster or unlock the BB the profile will be switched

Work Around
    The workaround for the keyboard and password lock is to use a 3rd party screen or password lock. If you have a touch screen eg: Storm or Torch you can get PatternLock Lite free version which works very well with ProfilerX.

Beta is now closed.
    Last edited by Smiley88; 02-01-11 at 10:37 AM.
    01-31-11 04:19 PM
    This app sounds very usefull for me i am looking forward to testing it. - email has been sent. Thankyou for posting this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 04:35 PM
    Would love to try this !

02-01-11 01:07 AM
    Email sent
    02-01-11 01:15 AM
    I currently use ProfilerPro and am really looking forward to the bluetooth addition in ProfilerX. Woo-hoo! (Email sent)

02-01-11 05:33 AM
    I would like to try...I will send an email.
    02-01-11 07:07 PM
    Ah missed the beta. Will ProfilerX be an upgrade or a new purchase for ProfilerPro people?

02-02-11 01:04 AM
    i emailed you but got no reply :S
    02-02-11 10:12 AM
    i emailed you but got no reply :S
    Sorry beta testing has been closed. We already got enough testers. thanks
    02-02-11 12:22 PM
    Darn, just missed!!! Can't wait for this to be released (or accepting more beta testers)
    02-02-11 08:08 PM
    Sorry beta testing has been closed. We already got enough testers. thanks
    oh thank you anyway but the prob is tht as soon as u posted this post i sent u a email 5 mins later anyway thank you
    Last edited by abudi4; 02-08-11 at 02:26 AM.
    02-03-11 03:13 AM
    It's unfortunate that developers aren't able to make the phone switch profiles while it's in standby/holstered. This is the only reason that I choose not to use these kinds of apps. I don't want to take my device out of the holster just so it can switch the profile. It only takes 2 seconds more for me to hit space for quicklaunch then the 3 letters associated with the sound profile I want.
    02-03-11 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD