View Poll Results: Would you be interested in this application?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am interested!

24 92.31%
  • Does not interest me.

2 7.69%
    New BlackBerry App

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. I am currently in the process of developing an application for the Blackberry that I hope will revolutionize the way people exchange contact information. It seamlessly integrates with the BlackBerry address book and eliminates the need to manually type in a person's contact information.

We all have the BBM "Send Contact" feature, however it only works from BlackBerry to BlackBerry. My application will be multi-platform and can be installed on iPhone and Android devices.

It utilizes a unique identification code and the BlackBerry camera. The code can be shared on social networking sites and even business cards. I am trying to gauge some interest in what the demand for something like this will be, and to price it accordingly (what do you think is fair?).

I need your help! Please include your thoughts and suggestions on the app and take the poll. We are also looking for beta testers! Let us know if you're interested.
    Last edited by cookieronster; 05-04-10 at 11:17 PM.
    05-04-10 11:08 PM
    sounds like a cool app..kind of like beaming info on the old Winmo devices??
    05-04-10 11:10 PM
    sounds like a cool app..kind of like beaming info on the old Winmo devices??
    Yes! Very similar, however the two phones will not even have to be in proximity to exchange information. The code can be e-mailed as well as displayed on your device.
    05-04-10 11:19 PM
    yes i think something like that would be very cool...basically just sending your contact over to another device in one click...
    05-04-10 11:20 PM
    I'm willing to help out let me know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 11:24 PM
    me too def willing to do some testing...
    05-04-10 11:27 PM
    i'll beta test
    Vzw storm2 running on .607
    email me romeothehotboy@vzw.blackberry.net

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-04-10 11:42 PM
    sounds intuitive - if some beta testers are needed, im more than willing to help!
    05-05-10 04:16 AM
    Sounds like a great idea, i'm in for some testing

sjdesrochers@gmail.com
    Last edited by HFD_Lieutenant; 05-05-10 at 12:52 PM.
    05-05-10 06:53 AM
    Sounds cool would like to beta test. You can email me at mrjakrip@gmail.com I have a tmobile 9700 running .593

05-05-10 07:08 AM
    Palm Pilots used to have this feature. You could "beam" your contact info to another palm pilot user.
    05-05-10 07:53 AM
    Oh this would really be nice for the blackberry. I would love to be a beta tester.
    05-05-10 08:28 AM
    I'd love to be a beta tester.thanx
    05-05-10 08:41 AM
    Always love testing new stuff. S2. email in profile.
    05-05-10 09:07 AM
    I'd love to help with testing, email me: lost.junglist@gmail.com

05-05-10 10:35 AM
    I love try new things contact me
    PIN 3089FB2B
    EMAIL belanovafantasiapop@yahoo.com

05-05-10 10:45 AM
    I'll give it a shot....pennfire38@gmail.com
    05-05-10 08:16 PM
    Sounds interesting. I would test this app if you need more testers.
    05-06-10 02:31 PM
    Sure I'll give it a test if you need more help. Send me a PM if needed.
    05-06-10 04:26 PM
    im down to test it. pm me with links when available or shoot me an email.
    05-06-10 08:57 PM
    New BlackBerry App

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. I am currently in the process of developing an application for the Blackberry that I hope will revolutionize the way people exchange contact information. It seamlessly integrates with the BlackBerry address book and eliminates the need to manually type in a person's contact information.

We all have the BBM "Send Contact" feature, however it only works from BlackBerry to BlackBerry. My application will be multi-platform and can be installed on iPhone and Android devices.

It utilizes a unique identification code and the BlackBerry camera. The code can be shared on social networking sites and even business cards. I am trying to gauge some interest in what the demand for something like this will be, and to price it accordingly (what do you think is fair?).

I need your help! Please include your thoughts and suggestions on the app and take the poll. We are also looking for beta testers! Let us know if you're interested.

Hi,

Yes happy to be considered for beta testing.

A couple of initial thoughts here (of course without having seen the app or your growing wish list of inclusions):
    • Seems like a deeper version of WhatsApp
    • Seeming it will sync with your BlackBerry contacts, so assuming would sync with Outlook
    • Would be able to include all the data a normal BlackBerry contact would
    • Include birthdays
    • BIS and BES connectivity as well as WiFi
    • Includes GPS location for contacts (ie. work address)

Email is tferthomas @ gmail.com

Thanks and good luck with the development work,

Thomas
    Last edited by TferThomas; 05-11-10 at 11:28 PM. Reason: typo
    05-11-10 11:27 PM
    seems like a very good idea if you need any testers then i am in
    05-12-10 02:59 AM
    Yes sounds like a handy app to have
    05-12-10 03:06 AM
    Palm Pilots used to have this feature. You could "beam" your contact info to another palm pilot user.
    ahh yes....my good old Palm III was the drug that started my addiction to pda's and smartphones. I remember this feature. You could even send an app via IR port.
    05-12-10 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD