Hello all,

Anyone interested in beta testing a bill tracking type app? It has been in the works for more than 6 months. It is currently unreleased and I am interested in receiving some feedback on it. I tried to make it as easy to use as possible so I hope I have succeeded with that.

Summary:
    - Get reminded of due bill three ways (note on wallpaper, calendar entry w/ alert, pop up)
    - Bills are sorted within app for easy viewing
    - A few built in calculators (credit card, mortgage, car loan, etc)
    - Few basic stats on bills like estimated pay off information.
    - Recurring bills are supported.

I don't get to check this forum often so I will try to respond as soon as I am able to.
    Thank you!

NOTE: Keep in mind this is a beta build, no guarantees that everything works as it should.

Download (beta expires end of December): http://public.cpqsoft.com/dbtbeta/Di...illTracker.jad (1.0.4)

Last edited by cpqsoft; 11-17-11 at 07:21 PM.
    11-12-11 05:10 PM
    Nifty!
    I like the UI, very classy.
    You should include an option to have a bill occur on specific days, say last friday of every month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 12:32 AM
    Nifty!
    I like the UI, very classy.
    You should include an option to have a bill occur on specific days, say last friday of every month.

Thanks, I guess I can look into that option. Not sure how many people would use it though in regards to bills.

Another screen shot if anyone interested:
    11-13-11 12:32 PM
    I just downloaded and I must say that I like it for sure. I noticed 1 thing pretty much instantly, setting up bills, the Amount allows letters to be entered. As it is a number field it not allow letters.
    11-13-11 02:15 PM
    I just downloaded and I must say that I like it for sure. I noticed 1 thing pretty much instantly, setting up bills, the Amount allows letters to be entered. As it is a number field it not allow letters.
    Fixed, good catch, thank you. Didn't notice it at first with the physical keyboard. I'll upload an updated build with this fix later tonight.
    11-13-11 02:36 PM
    First of all I love the app. Very handy. I had been doing this exact same thing with the native tasks app to keep track of when bills are due. With this app I am able to set up reminders just like that, but it also gives me a way to see what I pay to each bill on a monthly basis much easier than going back and looking for an old bill IMO. Questions and suggestions:

1. Is there a reason the app must run in the background full time? I see no option for closing it. I assume this is for the purpose of the reminders. I haven't noticed any major memory or battery issues but was curious as to how to close or exit the app completely.

2. Could you integrate a screen or option that allows you to get a month by month breakdown of what you pay for a certain account? This would be helpful in tracking your bills. Say I wanted to compare what I paid for power in Nov 2011 to what I have to pay in Nov of 2012. It works great scrolling back through the months to see this, but having a dedicated option for each account would be quicker IMO.
    11-13-11 04:14 PM
    Thanks, I guess I can look into that option. Not sure how many people would use it though in regards to bills.

Another screen shot if anyone interested:
    Click to view quoted image
    I pay my bills on the last Friday of every month.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 05:11 PM
    I pay my bills on the last Friday of every month.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    I'm in agreement w/SCrid here. My wife and I need to stagger our bill payments since we get paid bi-weekly. So, we always have "x" bills get paid on the first of the month, and "y" bills get paid on the 15th of the month. It would be really nice to have for folks that can't/don't pay their bills all on the same day of the month everyday. Great looking app! Thanks for all your hard work!
    11-14-11 01:25 AM
    To answer the question about the app running all the time in the background, it is actually designed to be very efficient when running in the background. It is idle 99% of the time and only runs for the sake of posting the alert when the bill is due. I know battery life is a major issue for most people so I spent a lot of time to make sure it is as efficient as possible. By design, there should virtually be almost no difference in battery life if the app was running or not.

Also thank you for the feedback so far everyone, it's much appreciated. I'll see how I can fit in some of these suggestions into the app so that is caters to everyone's needs better.

Thanks again.
    11-14-11 01:36 PM
    Just started to use this, and its great! Can't wait for the official release

11-14-11 10:16 PM
    I'm in agreement w/SCrid here. My wife and I need to stagger our bill payments since we get paid bi-weekly. So, we always have "x" bills get paid on the first of the month, and "y" bills get paid on the 15th of the month. It would be really nice to have for folks that can't/don't pay their bills all on the same day of the month everyday. Great looking app! Thanks for all your hard work!
    Was thinking about your and SCrid's suggestion and I couldn't figure out how to add it without making it confusing. Technically, you could set the due date on some bills to the 1st and some to the 15th of the month to split up the bills/reminders. In SCrid's case, if you pay all your bills in one day, you don't really need a reminder All bills could be entered as "No Alert" just for tracking / statistical reasons instead of for reminder reasons.
    11-16-11 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD