Hi, new BBuser, cant find this BBweather there is talk of, anyone help me with a direct link? Or something better?

Thank you
    03-02-10 09:32 AM
    my cast 5 is nice but not free
    03-02-10 03:06 PM
    03-02-10 03:28 PM
    Guess I should be more specific, only looking for the free BB weather, I have followed links here and there and cant find it. BBWeather is free right?

Thank you.
    03-02-10 04:05 PM
    Just a thought, if you shelled out the bucks for a BlackBerry, do yourself a favor and buy BerryWeather. Its only $10, and its head and shoulders above the rest of the weather apps.
    03-02-10 04:16 PM
    what can I say, Im dutch Ill think about it though.

Thank you
    03-02-10 04:25 PM
    Just a thought, if you shelled out the bucks for a BlackBerry, do yourself a favor and buy BerryWeather. Its only $10, and its head and shoulders above the rest of the weather apps.
    ... except there are numerous free alternatives, and just because he has a BB doesn't make him rich, or wasteful with his money BerryWeather may turn water into wine (according to its fans), but there's an active thread on this very forum talking about the huge problems with the latest version, the lack of support, and the poor prospects for a fix.

OP: If WeatherEye auto-updates for you (doesn't for my 9700, but does for my wife's- figure that one out!) then it's a good, free app with home-screen icon abilities. WeatherBug is free and works fine for me in as far as it's designed, but just having the current temp isn't the same as having an updated weather icon IMO. Maybe once you decide on something, post back here, and share why you chose it. That may be helpful to others
    03-02-10 04:32 PM
    BerryWeather is definitley worth the money, it beats out every other weather application in my opinion...
    03-02-10 04:33 PM
    The wallpaper function makes BeWeather worth it imo. If it wasn't for that feature I'd probably just opt for a free alternative.
    03-02-10 04:35 PM
    BBWeather from tateu : www.tateu.net
    http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=BBWeather
    (I haven't tested it recently and am not sure if its still functional)
    03-02-10 04:46 PM
    It still works. Some day I was going to mess around with the source and make it look better. But since I use BeWeather now I doubt I will...
    03-02-10 04:49 PM
    Now if I can only figure out how to post a message on here with the BB. I hit post reply but it keeps coming back to the same screen

Ok, got it working, thanks Papped!! Thats all I needed was a simple link
    Last edited by ZX10Aviator; 03-02-10 at 05:12 PM.
    03-02-10 05:01 PM
    Test

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-02-10 05:17 PM
    BeWeather all the way...if not, my 2nd pick is WeatherBug Elite.
    03-02-10 05:48 PM
    Now if I can only figure out how to post a message on here with the BB. I hit post reply but it keeps coming back to the same screen

Ok, got it working, thanks Papped!! Thats all I needed was a simple link
    Hmmm. I had the same problem on the wap/mobile site the other day. I entered a reply and when pressing the REPLY/submit (whatever button) nothing happened by left me back at the submit again.

BBweather was what I used when Berryweather was being a pain (not an unusual occurrence). It was fine - not as graphically pleasing and offers less features but it was free.
    03-02-10 10:23 PM
    i vote for berryweather too.
    03-02-10 10:37 PM
    Test again from the bb

03-02-10 11:03 PM
    Sweet. Seems to be working now for some reason

03-02-10 11:03 PM
    As PDM stated in post #10, you can get the latest version of BBWeather here. Works great on my 9700, and I believe it should work for your device as well.

http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=BBWeatherEx

Also some seem to be misinformed, and providing incorrect information to you. There is a free version of BeWeather (a different application) available in Appworld, which can be found here.

BlackBerry App World - BeWeather Free

Although I must advise that some have been recently reporting temporary scheduled updating problems, which are currently being worked on by the developer.

Hope this helps.
    03-03-10 07:11 AM
    Try using the search tool. There are only 3,000 posts asking the same thing. There was really no need for another. Search and ye shall find!

BTW BeWeather is not free.
    I did search first, didnt find a simple link as was posted in this thread. most threads are people linking to other threads or this and that.

But thankfully PDM pulled through and posted one.

Thanks all.
    03-03-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD