What's the best weather app for the tour? I used to have a curve, I downloaded the weather app from the crackberry OTA links. Forgot what the weather app was.. I think Accuweather, but I want a better one. Could anyone help me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 08:37 PM
    I think the best one is BeWeather. It's not free though. I think right now it might still be on special for like half off. It's a great weather app. And it's my favorite. I've tried the free ones, but the UI wasn't as good as BeWeather. And with the Tour, why settle for a crappy UI.

Oops. I thought I was on the Tour Forum. My bad. It says you have the 8330.
    11-17-09 08:48 PM
    I really like BerryWeather.
    11-17-09 08:51 PM
    If you want a pretty UI go with BerryWeather.
    If you want an accurate app that is rock solid don't go with BerryWeather.

11-17-09 08:52 PM
    Oh. I have a tour. I forgot to change the thing haha. Is berry weather free?

Which is the best free one?

11-17-09 08:54 PM
    BerryWeather is by far the best app but it is not free.
    11-17-09 08:56 PM
    Ive been using weathereye for a long time. Very good and free.

11-17-09 08:56 PM

11-17-09 08:57 PM
    I use the weather channel app. Its for free and so far its been nothing but great for me at least.

11-17-09 09:40 PM
    If you want a pretty UI go with BerryWeather.
    If you want an accurate app that is rock solid don't go with BerryWeather.

I couldn't agree with this more! BerryWeather has a great UI but the temps are always wrong and the radar map is totally useless! You get a one-stop zoom-in and you're still on a 1000-mile map! If want to see what the radar is around me...not four states away.

AccuWeather used to have a link that ended up displaying it great on my old Curve, but I can't recall what that is now. It showed the 5-day forecast and the radar map...was really nice, and free. I'll eventually find it again.
    11-25-09 07:17 AM
    BerryWeather is the king. Beautiful UI, custom radar maps, GPS location, multiple locations. It is just great. Plus, version 2.0 is being beta tested right now, so look for it very soon!
    11-25-09 07:43 AM
    BerryWeather is the king. Beautiful UI, custom radar maps, GPS location, multiple locations. It is just great. Plus, version 2.0 is being beta tested right now, so look for it very soon!
    If that's true...how can you get the radar map in it to display just the area around you? The best I could do with trying it for two days was a view of half the US...and if I zoomed in (which I shouldn't have to do each time I want to look at the radar map)...it still wasn't a granular map of just my area, let alone my state.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I've seen a lot of other reviews saying the say thing. I would gladly pay for this if it had a radar map of just my area (adjustable in range).

*** Disregard...operator error!
    Last edited by LarryMcJ; 11-25-09 at 08:11 AM.
    11-25-09 07:50 AM
    BerryWeather, by far, worth the $10....
    11-25-09 08:18 AM
    berryweather never updates the icon for me
    11-25-09 08:47 AM
    berryweather is by far the best weather app
    11-25-09 08:48 AM
    I know this isn't a believable cause...but it didn't update for me, either when I was using the trial version downloaded from the CrackBerry Store. I deleted that version from Applications and installed it from the BlackBerry App World and now the icon displays the correct temperature and is updating with changes just fine. It's worth a try.

FWIW, I love the app...will definitely purchase it. Just trying to figure out how to get the discount offered at BlackBerryCool and still purchase it from the BB AppWorld Store.
    11-25-09 08:53 AM
    BerryWeather is a _____ __ ____! Fill in your own for the blanks!
    I highly recommend BerryWeather and BerryBuzz!
    11-25-09 09:01 AM
    I know there are some choices in options for updating the icon and how frequently it updates. Just double check you have all your options set appropriately.
    11-25-09 09:06 AM

Hi, I use BEWeather also, but can I ask how you get 7 hours across your screen like that? what View settings do you use, I have mine set to Today with Daily and Today with Hourly, but I can only get 4 days of 4 hours to show. I also use Widget Full like you do, perhaps you are using a different font size? I would like 7 hours and 7 days to show also.
    11-25-09 09:06 AM
    Hi, I use BEWeather also, but can I ask how you get 7 hours across your screen like that? what View settings do you use, I have mine set to Today with Daily and Today with Hourly, but I can only get 4 days of 4 hours to show. I also use Widget Full like you do, perhaps you are using a different font size? I would like 7 hours and 7 days to show also.
    I get 7 days and 7 diff hours to show. Just change the view to Full Daily or Full hourly.
    11-25-09 09:07 AM
    I get 7 days and 7 diff hours to show. Just change the view to Full Daily or Full hourly.
    thank you, I tried that. It dawned on me the reason may be that you have a Tour and I am still on a Curve. I am reading in the Tour forum as I am HOPING I win a Tour soon; I used my phone upgrade to get this Curve in May but now desperately want a Tour.
    11-25-09 09:37 AM
    thank you, I tried that. It dawned on me the reason may be that you have a Tour and I am still on a Curve. I am reading in the Tour forum as I am HOPING I win a Tour soon; I used my phone upgrade to get this Curve in May but now desperately want a Tour.
    You will love the Tour, I am an ex-8330 abuser and love my Tour! Now I want to get the Essex!
    11-25-09 09:40 AM
    You will love the Tour, I am an ex-8330 abuser and love my Tour! Now I want to get the Essex!
    Hey Tripster! I was wondering where you went in the 83xx theme section I am following about 12 ebay auctions right now, but Sprint will also allow me to take my husband's phone upgrade and get the Tour but they say I probably won't get the $100 rebate. Is $250 a good price for the Tour brand new?
    11-25-09 09:52 AM
    Hey Tripster! I was wondering where you went in the 83xx theme section I am following about 12 ebay auctions right now, but Sprint will also allow me to take my husband's phone upgrade and get the Tour but they say I probably won't get the $100 rebate. Is $250 a good price for the Tour brand new?
    Yes it is a good price, not trying to boast but I got mine for free. Just be careful of Ebay and BlackBerries! I love the themes I got for the Tour, my 8330 is in my safe so it don't assault the Tour...Lol!
    11-25-09 10:00 AM
    Yes it is a good price, not trying to boast but I got mine for free. Just be careful of Ebay and BlackBerries! I love the themes I got for the Tour, my 8330 is in my safe so it don't assault the Tour...Lol!
    For FREE?? are you able to share how that occured? thank you for your info, I am considering just biting the bullet and getting it from Sprint, as a lot of the auctions are ending at over $200. Enjoy that new phone.
    11-25-09 10:04 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD