Hi Everyone,

Can anyone advise me as to the best weather ap for the 9700 based in the UK.

Many thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 04:33 PM
    You can't beat BerryWeather IMO. Been using it since it launched, and never had a problem finding even the remotest of UK towns and villages... and it's pretty accurate too

12-20-10 04:37 PM
    You can't beat BerryWeather IMO. Been using it since it launched, and never had a problem finding even the remotest of UK towns and villages... and it's pretty accurate too

Cannot beat WeatherEye, it's just as easy to use, very simplified too!

12-20-10 04:43 PM

Have you been to the UK? Your profile shows you are in Canada.

12-20-10 04:50 PM
    I think that most people will say that BerryWeather is probably the best weather app out there, paid or free. Affordable, and highly customizable, really how can it be beat?
    12-20-10 04:51 PM
    Did you move to the UK Brian?

We'll have to go out for a beer or 3... call me

12-20-10 04:51 PM
    The band I'm in is planning a tour/gig sometime in the future for london. So until then, I'll have to wait and see. W.E. Should work fine.

12-20-10 04:56 PM
    A note for those interested because they are actually present in the UK:

If you're shying away from the $10 price tag BerryWeather carries, last year following Christmas it was on 50% off for 4.99.
    The Top 10 apps were half off for at least a week, and I would expect BW will crack that list again this year.
    12-20-10 04:58 PM
    Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.

12-20-10 05:02 PM
    I didn't care much for weathereye, although it does have some cool features.
    Imo, best weather app is BerryWeather.
    Best free weather app is BBWeather.

12-20-10 05:04 PM
    I have decided on Berryweather, it's very good and seems accurate. Thanks Phil and Brian especially.

With the extreme conditions in the UK at the moment it will certainly help on my decision as to whether I go to Plymouth for crimple.

Alan.

By the way Brian, if you do come over to the UK, you can look me up too. Phil's buying the beers though. Lol.
    Last edited by dangerousfen; 12-20-10 at 06:07 PM.
    12-20-10 06:03 PM
    BerryWeather is a good choice. You should enjoy the application quite a bit. I have found myself using it more and more as our weather changes pretty quickly.
    12-20-10 06:08 PM
    My .02-I've used ALL the weather apps and BerryWeather is hands down the absolute best, paid or not.
    12-20-10 06:20 PM
    My .02-I've used ALL the weather apps and BerryWeather is hands down the absolute best, paid or not.
    Thanks again for every ones input. I'm loving it. Looks like I made the right choice.

12-20-10 07:13 PM
    Thanks again for every ones input. I'm loving it. Looks like I made the right choice.
    On top of the wealth of data available, a huge plus for BW is just how customizable it is.

Under Settings in the menu, there are multiple submenus.

In Display Settings, you can customize the size of the icons for when BW is open, as well as various backgrounds. Scroll down to download iconsets. You'll probably want to download several, so after each download, do NOT select the Return to BerryWeather button, just the back arrow, over and over until you're done.

Homescreen/Notification Icon, you can add a thermometer with local temp permanently to your notification area.
    Then under Homescreen Wallpaper you can design your own home page matching BW icon/info with your theme & wallpaper.

PS Once you have Settings as you want, remember from menu to Backup to SD card. Good practice to do this before any OS upgrade, just in case...
    Last edited by elite1; 12-20-10 at 08:47 PM.
    12-20-10 07:31 PM
    On top of the wealth of data available, a huge plus for BW is just customizable it is.

Under Settings in the menu, there are multiple submenus.

In Display Settings, you can customize the size of the icons for when BW is open, as well as various backgrounds. Scroll down to download iconsets. You'll probably want to download several, so after each download, do NOT select the Return to BerryWeather button, just the back arrow, over and over until you're done.

Homescreen/Notification Icon, you can add a thermometer with local temp permanently to your notification area.
    Then under Homescreen Wallpaper you can design your own home page matching BW icon/info with your theme & wallpaper.

PS Once you have Settings as you want, remember from menu to Backup to SD card. Good practice to do this before any OS upgrade, just in case...
    Thanks Elite. I'll do that.

12-20-10 07:47 PM
    For the UK no need for an app: rain or snow with occasional outbreaks of sun!

12-22-10 03:14 AM
    personally im running simpleweather, first it was free in a new years promo (cant go wrong) and secondly it does all i need it to. 3 locations to switch between is also great as saves editing location all the time. plus you can throw the icon onto your homepage.

from the sounds its no way near as `function rich` as berrweather, but its great at throwing the weather on ya phone, and for the $3 ya cant go wrong
    12-22-10 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD