I've read horror stories about QP being unable to work with 5.0, or people not being able to get the new update.

I have a good amount of media on my phone and I can see it slowing up a bit.

Should I dl Quickpull?
    11-08-09 05:43 PM
    If your media's saved to your SD card, which it should be, I'm not sure why you'd be seeing any performance issues.. I've got about 7GB of media on my SD and have no performance issues. The device doesn't rely on the SD card to run the OS or 3rd party apps. Are you monitoring your app memory throughout the day? MeterBerry does a nice job of that if you don't have it. If you're seeing a substantial decrease then you likely have an app that's leaking or a corrupt database. I'd start by keeping an eye on app memory for potential leaks.
    11-08-09 05:47 PM
    Actually they are all going to the Device memory.

I also only have 1 app -- BBM!

How do I move them to my SD card??

EDIT: Found out how to do it. Moved them there. How do I set it up so it automatically saves to the sd?
    Last edited by Gags1892; 11-08-09 at 06:09 PM.
    11-08-09 05:52 PM
    The best way IMO to reset memory is to physically take out the battery...

RIM doesn't allow apps to be run off the SDcard...
    11-08-09 06:13 PM
    The best way IMO to reset memory is to physically take out the battery...

RIM doesn't allow apps to be run off the SDcard...
    Yup. I was referring to his media.
    11-08-09 06:16 PM
    How do I set it up so media automatically saves to the SD?

And how does pulling the battery out free up memory? Is this a recommended practice?
    11-08-09 06:18 PM
    Actually I believe the best way to reboot your storm is to just drop it on your bed or lap from about 6 inches. Mine reboots with the slightest tap. I am not going to switch phones but damn RIM, you think you would have tested this. Search the forums and you will find this is a common occurrence.
    11-08-09 07:39 PM
    Lol yes battery pulls are recommended. I do one once a day. It just keeps the phone speedy and responsive. I definitely recommend doing a battery pull atleast once a week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 07:50 PM
    How do I set it up so media automatically saves to the SD?

And how does pulling the battery out free up memory? Is this a recommended practice?
    For pictures (camera), go into the camera app>bb>options and then set your sd card.

For all media, go options>memory>media card support on
    Heck...I have them all set to "on": Mass Storage Support is On...compression...Transfer protocol..

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by starjoy; 11-08-09 at 07:59 PM.
    11-08-09 07:55 PM
    Lol yes battery pulls are recommended. I do one once a day. It just keeps the phone speedy and responsive. I definitely recommend doing a battery pull atleast once a week.

Same here...I use quickpull v3.6.0 which DOES work with OS .320...and has the ability to set a reset day and time...

But the reality for me so far has been that I haven't needed any battery pulls like on the S1...so far, my memory is rock solid, with very little loss or variation. So the battery pull for me is just to satisfy my OCD...
    11-08-09 08:03 PM
    Same here...I use quickpull v3.6.0 which DOES work with OS .320...and has the ability to set a reset day and time...

But the reality for me so far has been that I haven't needed any battery pulls like on the S1...so far, my memory is rock solid, with very little loss or variation. So the battery pull for me is just to satisfy my OCD...
    Same. Only batt pull I've done in the 9 days I've had it was to check where it was built :P

I do monitor my memory and batt capacity in an anal retentive manner though... holdover from the S1 I guess
    11-08-09 08:07 PM
    Same. Only batt pull I've done in the 9 days I've had it was to check where it was built :P

I do monitor my memory and batt capacity in an anal retentive manner though... holdover from the S1 I guess
    Same here... Havent had to Batt Pull due to memory issues. But installing and uninstalling apps would like QuickPull to work properly on 5.0. I have to pull off my rubber case every time and it stretches it out... No one wants a stretched rubber...
    11-08-09 08:56 PM
    i don't see the need to battery pull on the S2's... battery pulls kills your battery by the way...
    11-08-09 10:30 PM
    battery pulls kills your battery by the way...
    Is this true?
    11-08-09 11:36 PM
    I have not had to do a battery pull either except when I installed Opera mini 5... I don't use Quick pull at all because I figure if I need to do a baterry pull, why not just physically do it...

And as for battery pulling killing your battery, I am not sure abou thtat. I did it every day like clock work for 8 months with my S1, and i had no problems with battery life... But I could be wrong
    11-08-09 11:46 PM
    Where did you get Quickpull 3.6.0 I can only find 3.5.4

11-09-09 12:53 AM
    I found mine in app world..

11-09-09 02:04 AM
    i downloaded quickpull in app world over the weekend.not sure which verison it is but it works perfectly on the storm 2 OS 5.0..just make sure all settings are set to allow
    11-09-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD