Hey guys what would you personally recommend as far as the best twitter app so far? I've used twitterberry and I'm pretty happy with it. But there is ubertwitter too now, and I've heard that's also really good too.

Which one do you guys use?
    06-02-09 05:26 AM
    I've used both quite extensively and have found that UberTwitter (UT) has more features and make Twitter easier to use if you sometimes skim through updates to see your @replies. Some of the features I've noticed (and liked):

- UT allows for phone alerts for certain events, ie: when I get an @reply, my phone vibrates once and the LED changes to red (how it notifies you is customizable). I think Twitterberry has this as well, but I could never get it to work on my 8800.

- UT also has location services, so you can see people tweeting near you like Tweetie does on iPhone.

- The other MAJOR thing I love about UT as opposed to TwitterBerry is that it keeps track of conversations/back-and-forth @replies. With TwitterBerry, there isn't ANY "...in reply to @______" like most other clients do.

It all just really boils down to what personal systems you develop with each given the resources given by the program. I just happen to think that UT gives you more resources to work with :-)

If you have any questions, tweet me: @ou_flyer
    06-02-09 06:11 AM
    Ubertwitter is great.

Do you use facebook? If you do the best app is socialscope lite. It combines facebook and twitter and im totally hokked on it. SocialScope Lite is just FAST and doesnt drain your battery as much as ubertwitter.
    06-04-09 07:29 AM
    Ubertwitter is great.

Do you use facebook? If you do the best app is socialscope lite. It combines facebook and twitter and im totally hokked on it. SocialScope Lite is just FAST and doesnt drain your battery as much as ubertwitter.
    Problem is that there seems to be no way of getting any version of SocialScope. Got on their list shortly after the announcement of this app and to date...nada, nothing, zip. Might be great for the privileged few who were able to get an invite, but for the unwashed masses, it's just a dream.
    06-04-09 08:10 AM
    Another vote for socialscope lite

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 10:06 AM
    I liked ubertwitter until I used tweetgenius, which has a much smoother UI and organization structure...It is not optimized (although does work) on a storm, but you cant post pix through it so I still use ubertwitter for that
    06-04-09 12:03 PM
    I liked ubertwitter until I used tweetgenius, which has a much smoother UI and organization structure...It is not optimized (although does work) on a storm, but you cant post pix through it so I still use ubertwitter for that
    Wait... you can post pics using TweetGenius. Or do you mean that it isn't an option to post pictures straight from the app?

(You can go to a pic on your phone and choose to upload it to TG.)
    06-04-09 12:08 PM
    There was a guy a while ago who gave us a "screenshot" of his custom Twitter app that he was working on. He got a lot of us excited but unfortunately, one assumes, he was eaten by rabid wolves or something because he has not returned to CB since.
    06-04-09 12:30 PM
    Next version of Ubertwitter is supposed to have a URL shortener as an option in the browser. I'm gonna get a lot of use out of that. That's gonna come in handy for more than just twittering.

I haven't used TG or SS yet. Do either of those shorten URL's yet? I've been contemplating writing my own shortener app, but figger I won't bother if an app I already have installed does it for me.

06-04-09 12:32 PM
    Next version of Ubertwitter is supposed to have a URL shortener as an option in the browser. I'm gonna get a lot of use out of that. That's gonna come in handy for more than just twittering.

I haven't used TG or SS yet. Do either of those shorten URL's yet? I've been contemplating writing my own shortener app, but figger I won't bother if an app I already have installed does it for me.

Social Scope not only has a URL shortener, but it adds the "send to socialscope" option in the web browser. I think the only thing TG has is the flashy UI. Ubertwitter has location support and ability to take pics within the app, socialscope has pretty much everything else. Both are storm optimized (social scope even has bigger buttons to accommodate fingers). I think socialscope is close to a full release, and I wouldn't hesitate to pay for it (although it looks like socialscope will be doing the same thing ubertwitter is doing - offering a free and pay version).
    06-04-09 12:46 PM
    Wait... you can post pics using TweetGenius. Or do you mean that it isn't an option to post pictures straight from the app?

(You can go to a pic on your phone and choose to upload it to TG.)

that is correct
    06-04-09 12:57 PM
    Ubertwitter is pretty good. I currently use that.
    06-05-09 03:29 PM
    UBERTWITTER by far
    06-06-09 05:38 PM
    i just got the uber twitter app on my storm. how do i search for contacts to add to my twitter list to follow there posts? say i want to add someone famous, how do i add them? i cant seem to find this.
    06-10-09 10:15 AM
    I've tried every one so far...Id have to say that Tinytwitter is the best you can get for the storm currently. twitterberry is nice...maybe for other blackberries, but still doesnt support landscape view.
    Depends on what you like. Twitterberry starts off with a page where you can type a tweet ( if you can stand the viewing mode)...and tinytwitter starts on your page of other peoples tweets that you follow.
    06-10-09 11:03 AM
    I've tried every one so far...Id have to say that Tinytwitter is the best you can get for the storm currently. twitterberry is nice...maybe for other blackberries, but still doesnt support landscape view.
    Depends on what you like. Twitterberry starts off with a page where you can type a tweet ( if you can stand the viewing mode)...and tinytwitter starts on your page of other peoples tweets that you follow.
    Disable compatibility mode. TwitterBerry does support landscape view.
    06-10-09 06:15 PM
    I went from twitterberry to ubertwitter to current tweet genius (best)
    Last edited by JReek; 06-13-09 at 01:59 AM.
    06-12-09 09:10 PM
    I am using TwitterBerry. It supports landscape mode which is great as I prefer typing with 2 thumbs. It also gives you the option to start with your own timelines or your friends' timelines. TwitterBerry provides all my tweeting needs and I have no complaint whatsoever.
    Last edited by substring; 06-13-09 at 02:01 AM.
    06-13-09 01:58 AM
    UberTwitter for me. It's the easiest however I do hear good things about TweetGenius, just do some research. Most are free so download and see what you like.
    06-13-09 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD