We are planning on taking a trip south to Florida in a few weeks. And we were wondering which apps would be best for the trip to load on the Tour? We are not worried about Navigation because we have a Magellan. But apps for gas, food, hotels and such. Thanks for any suggestions.
    01-05-10 09:00 AM
    01-05-10 10:19 AM
    Overall (to save itineraries/confirmations): Worldmate Live or TripCase
    Restaurants: UrbanSpoon (to decide where), Opentable (to make reservations)

Also it is handy to have apps for airlines - I have United, Delta and Southwest. Quicker than going through Browser especially for check-in (check in through BB and print out boarding passes at airports) and flight status.

I use Yelp time to time for search but to be very honest, using a GPS (Magellan, Garmin or Tom Tom) is MUCH more dependable even if it adds one more items to pack. I am not a big fan of GPS in BBs. Tiny screen, more difficult operation, slower and it eats battery!
    01-05-10 10:42 AM
    All good suggestions above .. I travel alot and nothing beats doing your intel 1st on the pc.. sorry

Enjoy the warm weather in FL it's in the teens here in Chicago with no relief in sight

Cheers
    01-05-10 11:23 AM
    All good suggestions above .. I travel alot and nothing beats doing your intel 1st on the pc.. sorry

Enjoy the warm weather in FL it's in the teens here in Chicago with no relief in sight

Cheers
    Well, no matter how cold it is, I want to go to Chicago now! Colorado is great but I am ready for summer.

OpenTable is one of the app people haven't utilized much yet. Sign up through PC and it works in BB quite well and very simple. Earn points and receive a gift certificate and it is free. I use it a lot even when I know restaurants are not busy just to earn points
    01-05-10 11:31 AM
    Thanks for the help and yes I am looking forward to warm weather! I knew this would be the best place to ask.
    Thanks
    01-05-10 12:01 PM
    I hate to say it, but I really think that Worldmate Live sucks when it comes to handling complex itineraries. I've ditched it entirely for TripIt instead, and have that syncing to my Google Calendar (and sent to my BB calendar via Google Sync).
    01-05-10 10:13 PM
    i use Poynt a lot!

DriveSafe.ly

DriveSafe.ly is a service that
    makes TXTing and E-Mail safe while driving.

Here's what it offers:

* A service that reads your TXT and E-Mails out loud.
    * An Auto-Responder for TXT and E-Mails.
    * The best premium voices.

WHERE is a good travel app too. Has gas prices and restaurant reviews.

By the way, it's 29 here in Southwest Florida! We're getting hit with the cold too. Hope it warms up for your trip!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 10:16 PM
    Pocket Day Pro has world clocks, world weather and a currency converter.
    01-06-10 09:37 AM
    Thanks. i just upgraded Poynt. Is a great app, now it's even better!

i'll still Where though, because travel apps are my favorte and i like having many POIs available. That's why i have both Garmin Mobile and VZ Navigator, BlackBerry Maps and Google Maps. GPS and travel apps are fun and so useful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 03:47 PM
    01-08-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD