OK, so I thought it was Blackberry Travel. Which up until yesterday worked great. Until I was sitting in an airport after my flight was cancelled and Blackberry travel kept telling me it was ontime. Even welcoming me to Baltimore despite the fact that the plane never left. Amazing that a cancelled flight wouldn't appear.

I guess that's my punishment for going with a free app. Anyone have another suggestion going forward?
    04-14-11 11:29 AM
    That's not the apps fault, it's the airline's. Just because you were sitting there and didn't get a real time update doesn't mean the app doesn't work. It means the airline didn't announce the cancellation. It happens all the time. Even an airlines own website will show the flight is on time until well after the departure time. This is up to airline policy and BB can't be responsible for that. I flew 100k miles for 20 years and that's the way it works.
    04-14-11 11:51 AM
    Even if the gate says it's cancelled?

I get that sometimes flights are delayed and the airlines don't report it to keep their numbers up.

But this was a cancelled flight, so I doubt it wasn't reported. Also I understand a delay between when the airline announces the delay/cancellation and BB can update. Maybe BB Travel needs to warn people that certain airlines are unreliable. In the end, telling me a plane that hasn't left yet has landed tells me something is wrong with the app. Afterall the airline's own site will never claim a plane left that didn't.

Conversely, I've used the app several times before and it's been perfect. So this might a one time thing.

And over the past 20 years, I've flown more than I care to count. (Espically since some airlines are no longer around) So I get how they work.
    04-14-11 12:12 PM
    Afterall the airline's own site will never claim a plane left that didn't.
    I wouldn't say that. You'd be surprised what "white lies" companies will tell for whatever reason.
    04-14-11 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD