What is the best traffic (freeway and surface streets) app for the Storm? i.e. I'm looking for an app that I can look on to find why the freeway is stopped.

Cindi
    10-23-09 05:39 PM
    google maps
    10-23-09 10:26 PM
    I had Google maps ever since I've had the phone (Nov 08) and when I updated to 3.2.0 (latest?), it was a terrible drain on my memory and I deleted it. While I had the latest version though, it took forever to find my location and would show streets and freeways with red or green lines but wouldn't give me any info on them at all. Not even when I would click on the "traffic layer".............I'm thinking it was Google Maps that was causing the free memory drain as I didn't have a problem with memory till I installed the latest version of G. Maps.
    I'm running OS .151 on Verizon.

any help is much appreciated on this issue as I really need a good stable map app.
    10-23-09 11:05 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...locate-335433/

check that out. ive heard good and bad.

googlemaps is fine with me tho.
    10-24-09 01:15 AM
    I agree about Google Maps. It works great on freeways and interstates that have traffic sensors - it does not work on all roads. I've always found it to be accurate.
    10-24-09 09:51 AM
    I would love to go back to using Google maps but the latest version doesn't work well on my phone. Terrible memory leak. How do I get the earlier version? It worked well even though it doesn't have the layers.
    10-24-09 09:56 AM
    Google Maps is very accurate as far as I can tell. I got stuck in what Google Maps told me would have been a 2.5 hour traffic jam on the way to Chicago. Simply watched the map and re routed myself through some crazy side road and ended up coming out ahead of the accident.
    10-24-09 10:03 AM
    Verizon Navigator includes traffic alerts. "Where" includes a traffic applet that isn't bad. There is also a new Traffic app available from BB App World that is a standalone version of the one that comes with "Where".
    10-24-09 10:09 PM
    Anybody know what the refresh rate is on Google Maps for traffic? I've been IN gridlock and it's still showing green... then a few minutes later it'll turn red.
    10-24-09 10:14 PM
    I personally like VZ Navigator, it gives you alerts. It tells you if there's congestion ahead, and if you need it, you can take a detour at the push of a button. 2 years now, and it hasn't failed me not one time. Try it out.
    10-24-09 10:22 PM
    I personally like VZ Navigator, it gives you alerts. It tells you if there's congestion ahead, and if you need it, you can take a detour at the push of a button. 2 years now, and it hasn't failed me not one time. Try it out.
    Yay shaydlife! I swear it is almost impossible to find anyone around here that likes VZ Navigator and yet it has never let me down. Between the great network coverage and the real-time traffic with push-button reroutes what's not to love?
    10-25-09 12:12 AM
    Yay shaydlife! I swear it is almost impossible to find anyone around here that likes VZ Navigator and yet it has never let me down. Between the great network coverage and the real-time traffic with push-button reroutes what's not to love?
    It's because VzNav is a pay app. Google is free. IMO, you get what you pay for. VzNav's real time traffic is great and the navigation beats the competition out there. I had a Garmin and gave it to the wifey. VzNav beat it bad as to directions and accuracy. VzNav may be a bit pricey for some, but if you need a navigation tool, it is one of the best IMO. Keep on my S1 and S2.
    01-13-10 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD