I looked at Vlingo but before I purchase, I thought I'd check here and see if there is another applicatuion which folks prefer?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    10-19-09 10:03 AM
    I use Vlingo and paid for the PLUS version. It works great. The AI actually learns your accent/annunciation over a short time and becomes pretty flawless if used often. I am at the point where I don't have to talk like a robot and can just use my normal speech and speed of speech. Don't judge it by the first week of use...it get's better.

It's the best out there as far as I researched before my purchase.
    10-19-09 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the input Eric
    10-19-09 10:10 AM
    np

I had wondered the same question before, so I figured I'd pass the knowledge!
    10-19-09 10:14 AM
    I use Vlingo (paid) too. Alternatives in the clounds are JOTT or Dial2Do, but they have a time limit between 15 and 30 seconds of record time as I recall. Jott also has an annual subscription cost. Dial2Do is still in beta, but will likely move to a charge model at some point.
    10-19-09 10:26 AM
    Vlingo +1 I have the plus and it is pretty flawless once it learns your voice. give it a little time- remember iot takes you time to learn how to do somedthing AI also needs that same time to learn.

Al
    10-19-09 10:44 AM
    I think the only downside to Vlingo is having to hold down the side button the entire time you record - keeps it from beign as hand-free is possible, but the recognition is very good.
    10-19-09 11:22 AM
    Will have to check Vlingo out!

Anyone with recommendations on voice apps that will read your emails to you?
    Especially any voice apps that integrates creating/sending and reading emails.

TIA
    10-19-09 11:32 AM
    I have used Vlingo in the past on my other bb. I really liked it, but i am turned off now that you have to buy if for texting and email, do the others do this for free.
    10-19-09 12:32 PM
    I have to agree with the other posters. Vlingo is definately the way to go. I got some friends using Vlingo for work (they are constantly sending emails on the road) and they absolutely love it.
    10-19-09 12:33 PM
    I love Vlingo. One thing about holding the button down the whole time. I find that the "thinking" goes more smoothly if you record a couple of sentences at a time and let go of the button...let it "think" and then do more...

I love Vlingo!!
    10-20-09 07:51 AM
    I love Vlingo. One thing about holding the button down the whole time. I find that the "thinking" goes more smoothly if you record a couple of sentences at a time and let go of the button...let it "think" and then do more...

I love Vlingo!!

o.0 Never thought of doing it that way. Good thinking!
    10-20-09 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD