My firm just decided to block Pandora, so I need -- NEED -- streaming music. I've got Pandora and I'm listening to it through the Tour itself and it leaves something to be desired.

IS hooking up speakers as easy as it would seem -- an external jack to a set of speakers? Also, what is the best/cheapest setup (hopefully less than $100)?

Thanks!
    03-15-10 11:52 AM
    When I bought my Tour, the Verizon store had some pretty nice sounding bluetooth speakers connected!
    03-15-10 12:31 PM
    Any good stereo with an aux input.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 03:04 PM
    Ya, you can totally do the bluetooth thing. You can pair with a bluetooth speaker set. Or, what I do is I have a cable that goes into my shelf system's aux inputs, and then the other end plugs into my Tour's headphone jack. It sounds fab. Something I have been wanting to try is Blackberry's Bluetooth Stereo Music Gateway. I would be interested to hear back from someone who has used it. It plugs into any stereo I believe. And then my Tour wouldn't have to just sit plugged into the stereo. I could walk all over the house with it and remotely change songs without having to go to the stereo.

03-15-10 03:07 PM
    I recently bought the Blueant M1 stereo speakers. Sound is great for a portable speaker. It is small enough to be packed in a suitcase. Big enough sound to fill a hotel room. Has an internal battery so I don't need an outlet...plus I stream music from my Tour via Bluetooth!! It is a nice unit that comes with its own carry case. A bit pricey but I would buy again.
    03-15-10 10:03 PM
    go with a corded one. imo better connection possibly? but also you'll save battery. unless its plugged in.
    03-15-10 11:32 PM
    Again, I'm in an office so I'm happy to plug it in. . . I would think that devoted speakers would be better than a mini boom box...

Links to purchase would be helpful.
    03-16-10 09:16 AM
    Again, I'm in an office so I'm happy to plug it in. . . I would think that devoted speakers would be better than a mini boom box...

Links to purchase would be helpful.
    this is what I use. the sound on these thigns are amazing for the size of them. only 20 bucks which can't be beat! good for Office people like yourself.

(I know it shows an Iphone in the picture, but they work great with Blackberrys too)
    Jensen System Portable Stereo Speakers : Target
    03-16-10 09:27 AM
    You can get some good speaker set ups for pretty cheap online or like walmart. The bluetooth speakers would be nice for portability, but the sound quality might not be the best.
    03-16-10 09:49 AM
    Also be sure to use Pandora's "High Quality" setting ... I believe this is only available in the paid version.
    03-16-10 12:50 PM
    Also be sure to use Pandora's "High Quality" setting ... I believe this is only available in the paid version.
    No its available in the free version too.
    03-16-10 04:37 PM
    Ya, you can totally do the bluetooth thing. You can pair with a bluetooth speaker set. Or, what I do is I have a cable that goes into my shelf system's aux inputs, and then the other end plugs into my Tour's headphone jack. It sounds fab. Something I have been wanting to try is Blackberry's Bluetooth Stereo Music Gateway. I would be interested to hear back from someone who has used it. It plugs into any stereo I believe. And then my Tour wouldn't have to just sit plugged into the stereo. I could walk all over the house with it and remotely change songs without having to go to the stereo.

I have the stereo gateway and i use it with my Tour all the time...the sound is great and i even use it in my truck too! The only thing i don't really like about it is that you always have to have it plugged in....a battery option would have been nice but its not a dealbreaker.
    03-16-10 06:26 PM
    I just use my computer speakers, works fine.

03-16-10 06:30 PM
    I'm waiting for my BB Bluetooth Music Gateway to be delivered.... So I can roam free in the gym with the phone and still play Pandora/Sirius|XM on the stereo in there, as well as in my car because having the audio cable connected to the dash is a PITA. But the sound is near CD quality with a cable running from the BB to a stereo, etc.

03-17-10 09:08 AM
    I have these speakers and they are one of the best options for the blackberry out there. The bass is great and the sound is crisp. It even has two aux inputs for two devices. They're less than $100 and a great buy! They're called the Altec Lansing FX3022 Expressionist BASS 2-Way Speaker. You won't regret them.

03-17-10 04:26 PM
    this is what I use. the sound on these thigns are amazing for the size of them. only 20 bucks which can't be beat! good for Office people like yourself.

(I know it shows an Iphone in the picture, but they work great with Blackberrys too)
    Jensen System Portable Stereo Speakers : Target

It doesn't come with an AC cord. Where does one get one?
    03-19-10 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD