Guys,
    Please suggest some good and free skype client....I had been using imo till now ,but i has some buggs.
    You would say to use IM+.....yes,but i don't like it too.....
    Options please...........
    08-12-12 07:20 AM
    There is only one Skype client available for BlackBerry phones, other VOIP clients are not compatible with Skype. It is available only for customers of a few selected networks - I forget the full list, but the main ones are Verizon (USA) and 3 (UK). Users on other networks can't get it, and will probably find it is blocked by their network.
    08-12-12 10:08 AM
    One thing that I concerned about is the data usage the SKYPE client would use. I currently have 250mb set and 500mb wifi.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 10:15 AM
    You have a wifi limit? That exists?
    08-12-12 12:00 PM
    According to my provider? Thinking about it, it sounds odd. I'll message them in the morning.
    08-12-12 12:03 PM
    No suggestions?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 12:49 PM
    I think to be honest OP'er IM+ is the only Skype carrier atm that's only if your provider hasn't blocked it.
    08-12-12 01:02 PM
    there is a app called

IMO chat and it supports skype better then IM+, i use IMO every day so check it out its free to
    08-12-12 01:43 PM
    How does IMO Chat work? I've connected my Skype but not one of my contacts has shown on my Skype list.
    08-12-12 02:25 PM
    If u added your skype contacts should show, click the 1st tab an toggle the list there an see sometimes they get put in weird ones

08-12-12 02:28 PM
    And then I can ring over my wifi (with my mobile) as I would PC and headset?
    08-12-12 02:30 PM
    You can send voice msg's can't do a full skype call only way is to get im+ talk version but ya if your skype buds have a mobile device get them to load "zello" its a PTT app an works nice

08-12-12 02:33 PM
    Ta for that info
    08-12-12 02:36 PM
    Guys,

Please suggest some good and free skype client....I had been using imo till now ,but i has some buggs.

You would say to use IM+.....yes,but i don't like it too.....

Options please...........

Only 2 apps that support skype are imo an im+ so skype made a stupid move locking down to carriers they are working with telus but anyone on blackberry can't use it

08-12-12 05:18 PM
    Not sure how useful Skype is on a BB phone due to lack of front-facing camera, however it would be awesome for a PlayBook.
    08-13-12 11:50 AM
    Herro! I just loaded the ImO beta on my 9900 and it does the business! In fact all of my Skype contacts loaded within minutes of me playing around with it (i.e. loaded automatically, without me having to manually pull th em into the app). Makes life easier than carrying my old iPhone. ( Fi Skype purposes & multiple alarms only). Downside is that there's no chat, but at least one can receive instant message to alert you that someone is trying to reach you. Try loading the new Viber application and you can talk across all platforms.

Blackberry means Business! Chosen by the intelligent ones for rapid communication and ease of use.

Ps. I wonder if IMO is available for os10 phones yet?
    Any feedback would be appreciated. Pin me 28A0F6CE

there is a app called

IMO chat and it supports skype better then IM+, i use IMO every day so check it out its free to
    04-16-13 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD