As the title suggests - Can anyone suggest the best SatNav App for use solely in the UK?
    04-21-11 06:15 AM
    no replies yet?
    12-27-11 03:30 PM
    Have you tried Waze?

Worked ok for me but I've gone back to my TomTom when I need satnav anyway as I just find the TomTom easier to operate but Waze did ok for me when I did use the BB
    12-27-11 06:42 PM
    Go to Telmap website

Signup and then you can download the telmap app for you BB - it's really good and completly free! - It works on most BB's - hopefully yours is on the list!
    12-28-11 06:27 AM
    Go to Telmap website

Signup and then you can download the telmap app for you BB - it's really good and completly free! - It works on most BB's - hopefully yours is on the list!
    +1 for Telmap... especially the new version 5.5 out today.

The best free navigation app currently available
    12-28-11 06:42 AM
    I use Garmin on my Blackberry Bold - It is available for some (not all) devices direct from the Garmin web site (Google "Garmin Blackberry UK) for the link. They offer a free trial before you buy so you can see if it works for you.

Unfortunately Garmin don't have a version for the Playbook. For the Playbook I have just loaded Google Maps and found it very impressive.

I downloaded Google Maps to my Playbook from the Good E Reader app store (google good e reader and pick the Playbook Android App Store). The whole process took me less than 30 minutes including reading the instructions and the softeware is FREE!. You need to put the PlayBook in developer mode to load the app, but once loaded you can go back to "normal mode" and everything continues to work. In the United Kingdom (and I assume elsewhere in the world) Google Maps includes turn by turn navigation with spoken instructions and a very clear map. It does need a data connection to work, but it works through the Blackberry Bridge data connection from my Bold 9900.
    06-10-12 03:46 PM
    In the United Kingdom (and I assume elsewhere in the world) Google Maps includes turn by turn navigation with spoken instructions and a very clear map.
    Only on Android.
    06-10-12 05:08 PM
    Only on Android.
    And on the Playbook if you load Google Maps from the Good E Reader app store. It is excellent!
    06-11-12 01:18 PM
    And on the Playbook if you load Google Maps from the Good E Reader app store. It is excellent!
    I don't have a PlayBook... this is the BB phone App Forum.
    06-12-12 02:40 AM
    I don't have a PlayBook... this is the BB phone App Forum.
    Nice one phill for post no.10000
    06-12-12 03:21 AM
    Telmap works for me on the torch. It has turn by turn and voice. The best around and in the UK and some other countries its free. Make sure you have an in car charger as it likes batteries.

It's a shame it's not on the playbook though.
    06-19-12 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD