i want to block someone from calling my phone and don't even want my phone to ring when they call, does anyone know of a good program to do this i know i can block sms and mms from within phone from firewall but also want to block them from calling and don't even want phone to ring when they try. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    01-26-10 06:02 PM
    cerberus call filter
    01-26-10 06:04 PM
    I use google voice application...it allows you put people on a spam list when they call...what it does is gives you an seperate number that someone calls and it sends it in to your number...another cool thing is that it will send a transcript of each call to your gmail account...if someone texts you at that number it will send you a copy to your email as well...also you have the option to listen to someone send a voicemail and then cut in on it if you want to take the call...you can also record the call and it will email it to you in the form of an mp3 file... google.com/voice ...you do have to have a gmail email address...but it is free as well as the application for the berry and the number...if you want to change numbers it will cost you $10...if you put someone on the spam list then it will tell them that the number that they dialed is disconnected
    01-26-10 06:09 PM
    Call Blocker Pro
    01-26-10 06:17 PM
    i was looking at call blocker pro do you know if it rings at all before blocking it i don't want it to show in my call log or hear it ring at all either?
    01-26-10 06:21 PM
    thanks for input will check them out
    01-26-10 08:08 PM
    I use google voice application...it allows you put people on a spam list when they call...what it does is gives you an seperate number that someone calls and it sends it in to your number...another cool thing is that it will send a transcript of each call to your gmail account...if someone texts you at that number it will send you a copy to your email as well...also you have the option to listen to someone send a voicemail and then cut in on it if you want to take the call...you can also record the call and it will email it to you in the form of an mp3 file... google.com/voice ...you do have to have a gmail email address...but it is free as well as the application for the berry and the number...if you want to change numbers it will cost you $10...if you put someone on the spam list then it will tell them that the number that they dialed is disconnected
    That's interesting! Do you have OTA link?
    01-26-10 08:49 PM
    Moving to 3rd Party Apps
    01-26-10 08:58 PM
    I have recently seen the need to have a call blocking app.... anyone use call blocker pro on the S2 and have any feedback?
    01-27-10 11:19 AM
    PrivacyStar is by far the best. I have tried and owned most of the other ones (BuzzOff, Cerebus, Call Block Pro) but have found Privacystar.com the best.

No initial ring is the best part
    01-27-10 01:10 PM
    Call Blocker Pro does ring once and then what ever your option is set to, pickup and hangup or voicemail.
    01-27-10 01:48 PM
    PrivacyStar is by far the best. I have tried and owned most of the other ones (BuzzOff, Cerebus, Call Block Pro) but have found Privacystar.com the best.

No initial ring is the best part
    how much is it? I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for this....their website doesn't mention it.....
    01-27-10 02:15 PM
    It's a yearly fee, whuich sucks.
    01-27-10 02:23 PM
    AddOnIs (formerly BerryAddon). It will immediately ring/hangup so they won't even go to voicemail. Not sure about the call log though, I haven't blocked calls in a while.

The nice thing about this app is it doesn't only block calls, it has a bunch of other cool features for a fair price. Also uses very little memory and doesn't have any leaks.

I also use addonis
    01-27-10 02:29 PM
    Try Black & Whitelist

"Black & Whitelist is an application which detects incoming calls and rejects unwanted callers who are blacklisted and allows only callers in the whitelist to come through. You can use address book rule to allow only callers in address book. Block even if the caller�s number is unknown or private number.

Easily create your own blacklist and white list by add numbers from your contact or any ID numbers from phone call log.

Whether the caller's number is in address book formatted number or raw number, when you have an incoming call, the application uses smart hashing and matching algorithm to detect, analyze and make the decision whether to reject it or not,. The phone is disconnected in 50 milliseconds and the application disables the buzz sound before the Blackberry device starts to make that annoying sound. The callers won�t even know that they are blacklisted or NOT whitelisted, they will hear the busy tone or forwarded to voice mail, depending on your phone setting."
    01-27-10 02:31 PM
    Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney?
    01-27-10 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD