Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    haven't posted in a while but thoguht this was worth a note..
    i saw some other comments about iheartradio floating around but i wanted to start a new thread for my favorite new app-

i tried out the different streaming radio applictions and iheart is hands down the best, zero streaming problems.. awesome layout.. tons and tons of music. its definitely a must download!! i heard about the app before anyone else by joining the iheart facebook group

free, fast & efficient.. def would recommend it!! any feedback or other new apps to check out?
    jess
    03-30-09 03:28 PM
    i just downloaded this a couple days ago and it's awesome!

i've heard a lot about slacker, how is it different?
    03-30-09 09:08 PM
    You should check out slacker. I'm on it right now. I haven't tried iheart yet or Nobex but I hear Nobex actually has real station(s) that streams other than channels like slacker and iheart (if that's correct that iheart has this also).
    03-30-09 09:16 PM
    Slacker was good. Pandora is amazing! I love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 10:24 PM
    Iheartradio is Ok.
    Doesn't let you sort stations by genre.
    Love to find stations that play certain genres or bands.

When i get money i'll go back to Live365. i find it better then Iheartradio/slacker and pandora
    03-30-09 10:32 PM
    I downloaded Pandora, Slacker, IHeartRadio, Nobex and Flycast.
    I deleted every one after about a week of use. They are all
    interesting but the BB does music so poorly none were worth keeping.
    03-31-09 12:00 AM
    I downloaded Pandora, Slacker, IHeartRadio, Nobex and Flycast.
    I deleted every one after about a week of use. They are all
    interesting but the BB does music so poorly none were worth keeping.
    Wow! Nothing seems to please you. I enjoy slacker because of the cache feature and the bluetooth support.
    I enjoy iheartradio for listening to perfect streams of my favorite local sports. Nuggets rock! Come back Cutler!

03-31-09 12:08 AM
    Iheart radio can I listen to NBA laker games with that? Or MLB brewer games or NFL packer games?

Is this like through sirius or xm?

03-31-09 02:02 AM
    It will find local radio stations all over the u.s. And make them available for stream. Happens to work for denver area sports.

03-31-09 08:50 AM
    Iheart radio can I listen to NBA laker games with that? Or MLB brewer games or NFL packer games?

Is this like through sirius or xm?

Live games are tough, often internet radio blacks them out, this is especially thrue of MLB. BUT rumor has it MLB Audio for BB is coming, but it's not free.

My favorite music app is slacker, but Iheart is growing on me.
    03-31-09 08:54 AM
    Live games are tough, often internet radio blacks them out, this is especially thrue of MLB. BUT rumor has it MLB Audio for BB is coming, but it's not free.

My favorite music app is slacker, but Iheart is growing on me.

can i ask what the biggest difference is between slacker and iheart?
    03-31-09 10:38 AM
    I just got pandora and I LOVE it!
    Sometimes its slow, but I'm also on yahoo, bbm, and using my browser so its my own fault!
    03-31-09 10:41 AM
    Slacker. Tried most of the others. They're good to, but I have Slacker working fine, and I don't feel like wasting time getting another app to work.
    03-31-09 10:44 AM
    I've tried Slacker but much too laggy. iHeart was better but not by much. I'm in the middle of a Nobex go-round so I'll let you know but so far Pandora is head and shoulders above them all. Not as much variety in some genre's but very smooth play.
    03-31-09 10:53 AM
    I feed my iheart feed through a Tunecast FM transmitter in my rig to listen to it, and it does a fine job for me.

03-31-09 11:02 AM
    I would love to try iHeartRadio, but they don't support the 8830. Pandora just started supporting the 8830 yesterday, and I love having radio on my BB. Slacker is such a huge app (size-wise), it takes up too much memory. I tried Nobex before, but back then, it didn't want to play music without a WiFi connection, so listening to music was out on the 8830.
    03-31-09 11:17 AM
    I've been using slacker for awhile. Really haven't experience any problems with lag and what not so I am gonna wait on trying iheart and pandora
    03-31-09 11:49 AM
    away on vaca now and still able to tune in to my fav new york based stations... this is why i love iheart!!
    03-31-09 04:22 PM
    I've only tried Slacker and Pandora.

Slacker was good, but used a lot of memory, so now I use Pandora.
    03-31-09 04:29 PM
    I can't complain about iheart, it gives me what I need. I'm in new york but I am from cincy. I get Homer, can't wait for 09!! they really knocked it out of the park with iheart (no pun intended)
    03-31-09 04:32 PM
    I had flycast and slacker... Got rid of both because they wasted a lot of battery.

03-31-09 06:33 PM
    Just downloaded iheartradio yesterday and it's fantastic! I used to live in the sf bay area and boston and I miss my favorite radio stations from each place so its great to still have em handy on my blackberry even if I live in jersey now

Last edited by redsoxrocker; 03-31-09 at 10:46 PM.
    03-31-09 07:05 PM
    OMFG iheartradio is the shizzzzzzzz
    03-31-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD