Does anybody have any suggestions what could be the best navigation app to download either free or paid app (as long as not overpriced) i am mainly looking for a good navigation app with voice guide and accurate navigation that will work in Australia. Cheers!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-26-12 04:19 AM
    BB Traffic is pretty good.
    06-26-12 04:29 AM
    BB Traffic doesnt work outside of N.America I think.

I just use Google maps. Ive been looking for a decent navi app for a long time with no luck.

btw OP, how did you get a 9981 in Aus?
    06-26-12 05:02 AM
    Oh the built-im Maps on blackberry phones? i dont know i just thought i would use my phone instead of getting a gps so i can use it while walking too.

I bought the P9981 from an authorised reseller, because i dont think that Australia sell it yet.
    06-26-12 05:50 AM
    Yeah, Google maps for me. Unfortunately there is no voice navigation.

If you don't mind, could you tell me where? I'm curious!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-26-12 08:34 AM
    I use Google Maps mostly, sometimes I use BB Maps so it doesn't get lonley. BB Traffic was great but experienced drainage when not in use.
    06-26-12 08:54 AM
    The website called Mobicity, you can google it, i just recently looked back to their website and they actually have the phone on sale! its originally $2999, then went down to $2400 and now its $2149, i purchased mine ages ago so i didnt get the sale price but i reckon this could be the good time to purchase one

Hope that helps

06-26-12 07:54 PM
    BB Traffic or Telmap.
    06-26-12 08:17 PM
    Yup, TelMap. Voice turn by turn and the Beta is free!

You get Telmap5. We get your feedback

R...

BB Traffic or Telmap.
    06-26-12 08:36 PM
    is this Telmap really good? its asking me to register and all that before i can download the app

06-26-12 08:41 PM
    I tried it. It works - well for the most part. It freezed on me a couple of times and the map scrolling/zooming is not smooth - it lags. But it works - turn by turn navigation is great, map is decent for Romania. I like it overall.
    06-27-12 02:53 AM
    Google Maps definitely. No voice notification though.
    06-27-12 04:17 AM
    Telmap Navigator is by far the best free navigation app with maps and turn-by-turn voice guidance.

The beta app is pretty much unsupported now, and is an old version compared to the free version on App World. Although the free version is only available for UK users, I uploaded the cods in a thread over in the GPS & Mapping Forum for the 9900 and 9790.
    No guarantees it will work outside the UK, but feel free to give it a try...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7410203

Sent from my  Bold
    06-27-12 04:34 AM
    Telmap Navigator is by far the best free navigation app with maps and turn-by-turn voice guidance.

The beta app is pretty much unsupported now, and is an old version compared to the free version on App World. Although the free version is only available for UK users, I uploaded the cods in a thread over in the GPS & Mapping Forum for the 9900 and 9790.
    No guarantees it will work outside the UK, but feel free to give it a try...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7410203

Sent from my  Bold
    I just tried it and it certainly does work. Thank you very much. But I have the same problem as with the beta one: it runs very slow on my device - the maps load slow, the performance in the menu is sluggish, zooming and scrolling around the map is slow aswell. Have you encountered this issue?
    06-27-12 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD