So I use Viigo for my RSS feeds but I like having a news app as well. Currently I have AP Mobile News on my phone and love it except for the fact that it slows down my phone so bad and gives me a connection error EVERY TIME that I open an article. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything with a comparable interface. I was wondering what apps all of you were using?
    11-16-08 10:18 AM
    There are two easy options:

1. some of the major news folks have dowloadable icons for the BB desktop. click on the icon and it takes you to the website.

2. Both the BB browser and Opera mobile allow you to save rss feeds within the browser, thus eliminating the need for another app to slow my BB down.

I tried AP mobile news and it tore me up. It slowed everything down when I used it and when I tried to delete it my BB went nuts. I had to reload my last backup and then delete it through the desktop manager.

-- all things being equal, the simplest solutions seem the best
    11-16-08 03:10 PM
    I use cnn, you can download the launcher to the homescreen.
    11-16-08 03:14 PM
    I can't deal with those apps that constantly give me an hourglass as they update themselves. YMMV. So I just use app launchers. I have 'em for Fox, CNN, USA Today, NY Times, Reuters, and Washingotn Post. Some, like the Fox News Alert icon I have, feature a special "alert" launcher that changes colors when there's an alert but doesn't push anything so it's very unobtrusive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 03:17 PM
    Honestly - I just bookmark the major news orgs' mobile sites in my browser. Then I hit 'g' in the browser and they are all there at my fingertips.

One of my fav sites is Reuters - they have berry friendly mobile news video

Kev
    11-16-08 03:44 PM
    One of my fav sites is Reuters - they have berry friendly mobile news video

Kev
    So does CNN...
    11-26-08 09:25 AM
    I use cnn, you can download the launcher to the homescreen.
    I tried CNN and it nearly bricked my berry. It kept failing to download and kept trying to do it. Ultimately the failed downloads started eating all my memory until I deleted it.

I stick with NY Times, Washington Post, and Philly.com.
    11-26-08 10:09 AM
    Does anyone know how to get rid of the fox news alert icon that pops up with breaking news. I obtained the icon thinking I would like it, but I actually don't. It doesn't show up in the applications list so I don't know how to get rid of it.

I can delete the bookmark that is created when an alert comes up and the icon disappears temporarily, until another alert comes out, then it is back again.

Can anyone solve my problem?
    12-01-08 12:24 AM
    I use pocket express, has weather and more built into it. Some you have to pay for like airline status, etc but weather,news,dear abby, etc is all free. I'm on sprint, not sure if it's able to be used on other providers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 01:08 AM
    CNN works for me
    12-01-08 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD