There are so many locking apps out there...any recommendation as to which one is most ideal/least buggy for the 9930?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 07:32 AM
    It would help to know what you're actually looking for in a locking app. Just setting a password on the phone works for the majority of people...

10-09-11 07:52 AM
    I'm using PFLockForApps and it's working fine for me except for the pattern lock that only allows selecting one dot in the pattern.

Wish they would fix this.
    10-09-11 08:02 AM
    ...I've used LockPlus on several BB's and it works absolutely fine on my 9900 (and so presumably on the 9930?) It has several different options and allows you to see the homescreen when it's locked. Never had any problems w/ it.
    10-09-11 08:09 AM
    [QUOTE=ridesno159;6744692]It would help to know what you're actually looking for in a locking app. Just setting a password on the phone works for the majority of people...

One that would ideally use a sliding mechanism on the touchscreen. Having the extra layer of security with a password would also be nice. No conflicts with the native locking convenience key. Not needing to wait for a screen timeout would be great.My case makes it pretty tough to easily hit the convenience key on top, but I'm not ditching my case. Love it too much.

10-09-11 08:10 AM
    Auto Lock is clean and simple and works very well for me.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst.../13784?lang=en
    10-09-11 09:29 AM
    i use "LockApps" and "PFLockForApps" works just fine and they are both free.

@chasvs...can you please tell me what the $4 "auto-lock" would do that the free apps above wont do?
    10-09-11 11:41 AM
    i use "LockApps" and "PFLockForApps" works just fine and they are both free.

@chasvs...can you please tell me what the $4 "auto-lock" would do that the free apps above wont do?
    Don't know and don't give a damn. If you like the free crap, fine by me.
    10-09-11 05:48 PM
    I bought "Slider Lock™ - Slide To Unlock™" but found that it would drain down my battery on my 9900. So I switched to "TGrape Lock OS7" and I am perfectly happy. It runs smooth as silk on my 9900 and I haven't found one glitch with it. Very low memory usage as well, it's worth every penny.
    10-09-11 08:09 PM
    Native lock works best for me.
    10-09-11 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD