instango? beejive? im+?

now this isnt another subjective thread so i dont wanna hear "i have beejive and it rocks," thats useless.

Feature wise:

instango:
    FREE but stopped working lately unfortunately

beejive:
    nice layout
    prob the best looking IMO
    expensive ($30)
    beta has facebook (personally dont care)

IM+:

still decently nice layout
    cheaper ($20)
    push IM servcie is AWESOME- youre not sucking your battery and you can set the IMs to come to you blackberry email addy and reply and saves a TON on battery

So with Instango down for the count, it seems like IM+ may be the way to go with that push feature. You basically sign out on the program so its not running and using data and everything goes to your inbox. I bet you could run it all day getting messages and not touch your battery instead of 10% an hour with typical IM programs.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-10-09 at 02:27 AM.
    05-10-09 02:23 AM
    I have heard that beejive is really nice, though. It's only $10 more than IM+
    05-10-09 02:26 AM
    there have been so many of these threads, this topic has been beaten dead.

it all depends on if you wanna pay for an IM app or get a free one. IMO free apps do the same thing.
    05-10-09 02:27 AM
    Actually IM+ is normally the more expensive program at about $50, I believe the cheaper price is only good for a few more days. But there are a ton of threads on this subject.
    05-10-09 02:28 AM
    there have been so many of these threads, this topic has been beaten dead.

it all depends on if you wanna pay for an IM app or get a free one. IMO free apps do the same thing.
    again free Instango is down and has been for a while

Actually IM+ is normally the more expensive program at about $50, I believe the cheaper price is only good for a few more days. But there are a ton of threads on this subject.
    again its 19.99 for now

EXACTLY the point for the renewed topic, one free down, one on very good sale. The topic and views change with prices and free services dissapearing...
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-10-09 at 02:34 AM.
    05-10-09 02:32 AM
    Err... I used instango today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 02:45 AM
    weird mine wont login anymore and seems other on their forums are having the same trouble
    05-10-09 02:49 AM
    Only changes I could think of are a delete + reinstall or upgrading to 5.0.0.93

05-10-09 03:20 AM
    I purchased IM+ awhile ago and found it to be a solid investment. I use multiple messengers for work and haven't come across any issues with it yet, and the push feature is fantastic. Keeping messengers running on my phone would always bog it down after an hour or so of use. I haven't had any delays or issues not getting messages in sending/receiving using the push feature.

05-10-09 04:08 AM
    again free Instango is down and has been for a while

again its 19.99 for now

EXACTLY the point for the renewed topic, one free down, one on very good sale. The topic and views change with prices and free services dissapearing...
    for you maybe, it worked fine earlier. and instango isn't the only free im app out there. there's many free ones to choose from.
    05-10-09 06:56 AM
    It doesn't get mentioned often but one advatage IM+ has a direct connection to the servers of the services it supports. This ensures the fastest messenging and I believe it's supposed to be more secure as a result as well. The free apps usually use a proxy. Not sure where Beejive is on this.

05-10-09 11:07 AM
    OOHHHH I can't wait for Facebook Live Chat and a Digsby app!
    05-10-09 11:08 AM
    Instango still working for me, it stopped working a week ago but been ok since the problem was fixed.

Palringo is free also
    05-10-09 05:41 PM
    this ones easy. beejive IM. DUH. version 1.1.2 has facebook IM as well. 100% stable, all the features you get on your desktop and its dirt cheap.
    Last edited by j0hnnyv; 05-10-09 at 08:26 PM.
    05-10-09 07:47 PM
    > beta has facebook (personally dont care)

IM+ also has Facebook chat supported and not in beta. More details here...
    05-13-09 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD