hey guys, i did a search on this but wanted to ask specifically in this forum. i want a barebones weather app for my 8330 curve. i don't want to use that viigo thing because it seems like it is too involved. i would not mind having the movie info but i can use google or moviefone from my browser for that stuff.

any suggestions would be appreciated.
    11-02-09 12:17 PM
    you did a search and didn't like the 1,000s of threads already answering this???

Do yourself a favor, pay $10 and get BerryWeather.
    11-02-09 12:22 PM
    Its true that this has been asked 1000's of times , but here we go again - I liked weathereye (free), they have an icon with the current conditions and temp until I got fed up with the updates not being updated on time. I payed the 10 bucks and now use BerryWeather (the best weather app out there imo)
    Last edited by Tws49; 11-02-09 at 12:29 PM.
    11-02-09 12:25 PM
    you did a search and didn't like the 1,000s of threads already answering this???

Do yourself a favor, pay $10 and get BerryWeather.
    yeah, that's what i said. thanks for your 2 cents though. i'll check it out.
    11-02-09 12:26 PM
    I like the Weather Network free app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 12:29 PM
    I like BBweather (free). Don't see the need in paying for BerryWeather.

11-02-09 12:48 PM
    BBWeather...it's free, flexible, and you can customize it. The most accurate I have tried.

11-02-09 12:51 PM
    I'm using AccuWeather but not too happy with it...but it is free.

11-02-09 01:39 PM
    Free WeatherBug Direct for me - WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry

11-02-09 04:12 PM
    I use the weather app in the Yahoo Go program.

11-02-09 04:41 PM
    Hey jBeachy you look just like the 1-800-flowers guy
    11-02-09 08:32 PM
    I like weathereye. However it only shows the weather for a city you select and not all the cities around the world. It does the job for me.

11-02-09 09:14 PM
    hey guys, i did a search on this but wanted to ask specifically in this forum. i want a barebones weather app for my 8330 curve. i don't want to use that viigo thing because it seems like it is too involved. i would not mind having the movie info but i can use google or moviefone from my browser for that stuff.

any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Weather Channel app. It's free and it's fantastic.
    11-02-09 09:17 PM
    which weather app has the coolest icon on the homescreen? like HD wise
    11-02-09 09:32 PM
    Oooo I'd say BerryWeather has the best homescreen icon

11-02-09 10:59 PM
    at one point or another, i've tried three different weather apps... all free (i still can't bring myself to pay for a weather app).

1. the weather channel - really nice UI with lots of options. however, it does not have a weather homescreen icon. Plus, it is a total memory hog. when downloading, it says that it is a 2mb app. in reality, when it's working, it actually takes up 5-6mb (i found this out when i deleted it). not to mention that i'm convinced it was the source of a really nasty memory leak.

2. weathereye - this does have a homescreen icon. however, it is too inconsistent. 1/3 of the time, data is unavailable. plus, i was never able to use the short-term forecast feature.

3. bbweather - this is what i'm using now. the UI is not as fancy as other apps. the homescreen icon is highly customizable. Mainly, it's simple and it works. it also has the smallest memory footprint of the three.
    11-03-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD