09-08-09 09:40 AM
127 12345 ...
tools
    poynt is sortof like a yellow pages app. It's pretty sweet. I'm waiting on the Storm version.

I also HIGHLY recommend Slacker and/or Flycast. Both are free internet radio apps. Vymail is a GREAT alternative to VZW's visual voicemail that's free. I'm currently using Viigo too, but it is a total memory hog, and I'm considering deleting it.
    I like viigo but everytime I run it it slows my Curve so I will delete it. I haven't used it in a week.

BTW: Slacker is the best app yet, just downloaded yesterday and it's cool, better than Sprint radio.
    01-23-09 11:17 PM
    Wow! This is great...thanks everyone!
    01-23-09 11:35 PM
    I installed Slacker.

It is almost as good as XM Radio.
    01-24-09 09:32 AM
    I installed Slacker.

It is almost as good as XM Radio.
    I submit that it is better. Free is always better. Especially in this economy.
    01-24-09 12:46 PM
    Okay-to my favorite FREE app lovers.....anyone know if amazon has a free app???? By the way I truly love the ascendo money. Also, even if youversion doesn't have every translation its hard to believe when it has all the ones I've ever heard of--NIV, NLT, NKJV, KJV, MSG, NASB..among others! what more can you ask for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 10:03 PM
    Okay-to my favorite FREE app lovers.....anyone know if amazon has a free app???? By the way I truly love the ascendo money. Also, even if youversion doesn't have every translation its hard to believe when it has all the ones I've ever heard of--NIV, NLT, NKJV, KJV, MSG, NASB..among others! what more can you ask for?

Agreed about YouVersion. It is indeed phenomenal. And a lot of the folks behind it are BB users, so they listen.

The innovation guys at Lifechurch.tv are not beyond calling to get input from BB users about YouVersion either; real humble guys.

Don't know of an Amazon app, but i am sure there are launchers around...
    01-30-09 11:19 PM
    I def love viigo but have noticed my memory has dropped slightly, im pretty new with downloading apps. What would be considered a memory leak?? Meaning how much of a loss should i be looking for. Slacker is def an awesome app and for browsing i use opera mini.
    01-31-09 12:00 AM
    What's Capture It? Is it free?
    01-31-09 12:02 AM
    I'll be looking into some of these.
    01-31-09 01:03 AM
    What's Capture It? Is it free?
    Capture It is indeed an incredible application. It lets you take a screenshot of your own blackberry's screen and then it automatically saves it to your device memory. Its also a very small application so it dosent take up much memory, search for it in the 3rd party applications section, there's a thread and info about it. I love it!
    01-31-09 01:18 AM
    Amazon does have a free launcher. I think the link for it is on the first page.

Does anyone have the link for Slacker??

01-31-09 03:25 PM
    Whats the weather one with the temp, cloudy sunny sky, and forecast?
    01-31-09 05:13 PM
    Weather eye is pretty cool. I just wish there was a free weather app that would let you use more than one city. Also, like in pp...anyone have the link for slacker?
    02-09-09 02:44 PM
    Weather eye is pretty cool. I just wish there was a free weather app that would let you use more than one city. Also, like in pp...anyone have the link for slacker?
    M.slacker.com from your phone's browser

02-09-09 03:42 PM
    I agree. Weather eye (by the weather channel) works great, it just sucks you can only have one city. Who woulda thought. I also noticed that the weather from Viigo or Yahoo is not up to date so I've not been using it.

I, personally, wasn't interested in a launcher for Amazon. Thanks though.

For women out there - I also found this "ovulation calendar" which is really cool. You can set it to preferences like "get pregnant." I don't have a link for it but just search "ovulation calendar blackberry." I was quite impressed.
    02-09-09 03:55 PM
    great thread...
    I have Google, Live Search, Twitter, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, CB launcher, Vlingo (don't care for it, not very accurate, gonna delete), Skyscape Nursing Constellation (this one is SO not free haha), Facebook, Myspace, Translator+, and Pocket Express (wanna get rid of this one too)..

My favs are Google, CB, and Live Search... I also use my Skyscape ALOT but unless you are in nursing and willing to spend money you wouldn't want it.

I GOOGLE EVERYTHING!!!!!
    02-09-09 04:17 PM
    Free ones are:
    MyAlarm
    Maratick
    Viigo
    Slydial
    Weatherbug
    CaptureIt
    BBTetris
    And a few launchers (CB, ESPN, CNN, Yellowbook, Wikipedia, Pinstack,)

02-09-09 04:59 PM
    I woud like to see a ebay app for the storm...
    02-09-09 05:09 PM
    I dl the slacker! Nearly crashed my damn pearl! What did I do wrong? It was painfully slow for starters. And as so as I did the dl. I started getting all kinds of funky messages. Deleted it! Too bad cuz I need radio!

02-09-09 10:01 PM
    Also...anyone ever use WHERE or TELL ME? I have both and wondering which one I should get rid of. Haven't had a chance to use the tell me yet. So tell me. What you think? Looking for opinions.

02-09-09 10:05 PM
    Also...anyone ever use WHERE or TELL ME? I have both and wondering which one I should get rid of. Haven't had a chance to use the tell me yet. So tell me. What you think? Looking for opinions.

I loved tell me! But since I upgraded to 4.5 I can't use it. Its the simplest way to get phone numbers n more without having to go to a phonebook or google. I wish I could still use it. I haven't found anything yet quite like it. That's just my opinion.

02-09-09 10:40 PM
    http://www.slacker.com/dwls/bb/slacker_mobile.jad

^slacker. Love this one too!

02-09-09 10:43 PM
    I dl the slacker! Nearly crashed my damn pearl! What did I do wrong? It was painfully slow for starters. And as so as I did the dl. I started getting all kinds of funky messages. Deleted it! Too bad cuz I need radio!

The same thing happened on my curve. It worked fine at first, then I noticed it stopped playing. My phone wouldn't do anything; even a battery pull didn't help. I finally just left the battery out for like, 5 minutes and I got my berry to turn on. I dumped Slacker immediately.

02-10-09 08:45 AM
    Check out WeatherBug....It works well for all of us that aren't near a big city.
    02-10-09 10:01 AM
    I use bb weather, works fine for me

02-10-09 11:07 AM
127 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD