Im looking at the Facebook Chat Apps but Im not sure which is the best.

Which app would you recomend from both the free and paying ones?
    12-22-10 10:46 AM
    I recently purchased Chat for Facebook by mSonar in App World, and it's "okay". It does what it's suppose to do, let you chat with your facebook friends, but it has lots of little annoyances to it, and it's not too customizable as far as options goes. It basically only has 4 options, show friend's image, LED notification, vibrate notification, and tone volume. Chatting on it is also very annoying, because to send a message, you must press the menu button and press send message after you choose which friend to chat with. Also, after pressing send message and typing out your message, pressing enter won't send it. You must press the menu button once again and press send. The UI is simple but unattractive. I just don't like it, but it works. If they made a facebook chat app similar to BBM, I'd be all over it.

Edit: Chat for Facebook by mSonar just became a free app. FML. I paid a dollar for that piece of junk. Well, I just tried Chat for Facebook Pro by Bare Apps ($1.99), and it's awesome! Lots of reviews are saying they can receive messages but can't send messages, but I'm not having that problem. This one's a keeper.
    Last edited by RichardC300; 12-22-10 at 01:50 PM.
    12-22-10 11:55 AM
    Nimbuzz and IM+ lite also are free and do facebook chat well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 05:39 PM
    Just had this convo in another thread. I got Facebook Chat Pro free. Link inside.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/can-...kberry-567906/

Nimbuzz is horrible for chatting. FCP is good so far.
    12-22-10 05:43 PM
    how about beejive? i know it has the ability, but i've never used it.

beejive isn't free but there's a 1 month trial period.
    12-22-10 08:18 PM
    I personally use Nimbuzz. It's a great program, it isn't laggy, and it doesn't eat up your data. A good thing about Nimbuzz is that if you switch to another program with nimbuzz still on, whenever someone messages you on Nimbuzz it will pop up on the screen. You can disable that feature in settings if you want.
    12-23-10 08:53 AM
    Btw, if you download the FCP from the link, do it from the cell itsellf.

I had the opposite expericne with Nimbuzz. It was SUPER LAGGY, always disconnected.
    12-23-10 06:20 PM
    I agree. On the free side, Nimbuzz and IM+ lite are definitely the best. But, for me, Trillian is my all time fave for all of my IMing needs. If you can get your hands on a beta copy I say give that a try.
    12-26-10 11:09 PM
    I've tried the Nimbuzz, Beejive and IM+. I am really curious to want

Chat for Facebook
    Chat on Facebook

Both free in App world. However, with the Nimbuzz, IM+ apps, I would always have a "security issue". For instance, I would attempt to use that facebook chat and it would not let me log back into my facebook app. Then I had to go to the computer and it would say that an unknown computer attempted to access my account. And even if I gave it access, a few hours later I'd have the same issue.

So for the Chat for Facebook and Chat on Facebook apps, do those apps have that security measure?
    12-26-10 11:14 PM
    I haven't had much luck with apps that are specifically for Facebook Chat. I'm a fan of Trillian. It's relatively new, and just recently updated to support the Torch along with plenty of other UI improvements. It's pretty nice looking and works great 99% of the time. Downside is that it's $4.99, which isn't so bad for a BlackBerry app, but it's still not free.
    12-29-10 10:15 PM
    Do these apps use BIS, or will there be additional charges?
    12-30-10 08:07 AM
    Do these apps use BIS, or will there be additional charges?
    They use BIS, if they charged, they wouldn't be in app world.

12-30-10 08:09 AM
    Sorry to hijack the thread but if I want to FB chat with my husband, does he have to have the Nimbuzz or Trillian apps as well?

01-05-11 05:49 AM
    Sorry to hijack the thread but if I want to FB chat with my husband, does he have to have the Nimbuzz or Trillian apps as well?

he has to have whatever FB chat app, you don't have to have the same app tho.
    01-05-11 07:29 AM
    Chat on Facebook!
    01-05-11 09:28 AM
    The link was deleted from that thread.

Facebook Chat Pro (link removed)

Yes, it was deleted because that's a paid app and that link is a pirated (illegal) distribution. IMO, the smarter apps FBChat is the best one, it's only a dollar. Rather than pirating it, just pay the dollar for it. Plus, then you get updates and bug fixes.
    01-05-11 01:33 PM
    Yes, I did notice a few bugs. I'll check and see if the newer versions fix that. Thanks.

01-05-11 08:59 PM
    would anyone send the link to my email... it's g_sitchon21 at yahoo dot com... i would really appreciate it...
    01-12-11 11:22 AM
    would you send the fcp download link to my email please... thank you...
    01-12-11 11:24 AM
    Heres my submission

BlackBerry App World - Improved Chat for Facebook

Improved chat for Facebook.

You will actually get notifications, can set your own sounds through your profiles, oh and you can stay connected.
    01-12-11 02:55 PM
    02-01-11 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD