What is the best call blocking app out? Is there any app that just gives a busy signal , instead of pick up and hang up, or letting them leave a voicemail?
    12-22-09 07:56 AM
    PrivacyStar - blocks the calls, creates complaints, and Looks up the number all in one app. 30 day trail
    12-22-09 11:00 AM
    PrivacyStar - blocks the calls, creates complaints, and Looks up the number all in one app. 30 day trail
    do you have a link?
    12-22-09 11:08 AM
    Sounds cool. I'm checking it out.

PrivacyStar
    12-22-09 01:20 PM
    I just downloaded this tonight. Everything works as advertised. The only thing I do not like is that it wont put the phone back in standby after it blocks a call. If you have it in your pocket and it blocks a call you can start dialing without knowing it.

For that reason alone I had to uninstall it.
    01-20-10 06:12 PM
    01-20-10 06:36 PM
    Privacy Manager Pro. Not only can you block calls. You can also block SMS and emails. With emails, you can block the sender/domain.
    01-20-10 08:57 PM
    Addonis.
    EOT
    01-20-10 11:59 PM
    I also use addonis!! It also does so much other stuff..too much to list here.

AddOnis - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by aming63; 01-21-10 at 08:02 AM.
    01-21-10 07:58 AM
    That is what I am using as well.
    01-21-10 08:58 AM
    I also use addonis!! It also does so much other stuff..too much to list here.

AddOnis - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Does this one also block text messages?
    01-26-10 03:22 PM
    Does this one also block text messages?
    It does not block text messages. You can do what Sabooher said. Your blackberry has a firewall feature to do that.
    01-26-10 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the info on this
    01-26-10 03:58 PM
    Do they have free version?
    01-26-10 08:03 PM
    Which one works with call waiting? Addonis is not blocking when a caller beeps in
    04-16-10 11:55 AM
    funny thing is.. ive had adonis for a long time.. its never ever blocked a call i put in the black list... ever..
    04-17-10 02:25 AM
    funny thing is.. ive had adonis for a long time.. its never ever blocked a call i put in the black list... ever..
    What version do you have and which device and OS?
    04-17-10 12:03 PM
    Which one works with call waiting? Addonis is not blocking when a caller beeps in
    Please tell me your device, OS version, and AddOnis Version?
    04-17-10 12:04 PM
    Pick an OS version from 4.x to the current 5.X... Always had the latest version of adonis installed... Even have Call Blocker Pro... Neither has ever blocked a number for me ever. And no I don't have both installed... I tried one at a time with no luck.
    04-17-10 10:40 PM
    Pick an OS version from 4.x to the current 5.X... Always had the latest version of adonis installed... Even have Call Blocker Pro... Neither has ever blocked a number for me ever. And no I don't have both installed... I tried one at a time with no luck.
    OK, well lets see if we can't fix that. But I need to know your device and current OS version
    04-17-10 11:52 PM
    tour 9630, currently running the VZW official OS 5.
    04-18-10 02:45 AM
    tour 9630, currently running the VZW official OS 5.
    Assuming you have followed my previous instructions about permissions. Please set AddOnis for "Keylock" and check the OS5.0 compatibility box. Also set timeout to 50 seconds. Now go into the Call Firewall menu and go to Advanced Options. Change "unknown number" to "unknown" (without the quotes).
    Save your choices and Reboot the device.

I use a Tour myself and it works perfectly. OS 5 changed the function of the Standby to a hybrid Standby/Lock function. Even though you have AddOnis set to Keylock, it will go into the new Standby/Lock function.

Let me know how it works...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 08:10 AM
    same here- does not block call on call waiting-unknown callers.
    i have ver 1.4.8 with bb8320 os 4.5..0.182 (306)
    04-18-10 05:09 PM
    Assuming you have followed my previous instructions about permissions. Please set AddOnis for "Keylock" and check the OS5.0 compatibility box. Also set timeout to 50 seconds. Now go into the Call Firewall menu and go to Advanced Options. Change "unknown number" to "unknown" (without the quotes).
    Save your choices and Reboot the device.

I use a Tour myself and it works perfectly. OS 5 changed the function of the Standby to a hybrid Standby/Lock function. Even though you have AddOnis set to Keylock, it will go into the new Standby/Lock function.

Let me know how it works...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    this requires me to set Autolock on.. i dont use that feature, i manually lock my phone.. do i have to use this option? as i prefer to do that manually myself.

also does changing unknown number to unknown affect numbers i put into the blacklist from my contact list?

due to my job i cant block unknown numbers or private numbers as they might be vendors i need to hear from.

EDIT:

okay for some reason its working now w/o using the settings you recommended..
    there is an anomaly here though.. i put my wifes number in my blacklist and dialed it.. when i just have it to hang up.. it goes to voice mail.. i'm cool with that.. when its on pickup and hang up, she gets hung up on.. also cool with that..
    but now my LED is flashing, and it says i have 3 messages (icon bar) but i dont see any thing in my list to click on to make it "read" so the LED quits flashing and the icon go away, it does go away after i reboot.. any ideas?

cheers
    Last edited by boomerbsg; 04-19-10 at 01:39 AM.
    04-19-10 01:18 AM
    I've tried them all and all of them worked up to a degree, never satisfactory. So I'm not using one...
    04-19-10 09:32 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD