Get both Calendar and Battery AppIcon for only $0.99

iCalendar - an appIcon that displays the current day and optionally show the icon name in day of the week or month eg: Friday or October. The day is automatically update when it changes. You can change the Calendar icon and text font and color. Include are 9 different calendar icons. Support Themes with hidden items.

iBattery - an appIcon that displays the current battery charge. It shows a graphical display of the actual battery percentage charged. optionally you can set the icon name to the charge percent eg: 90%

click here to download or purchase for only $0.99 iconManager - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Checkout the cool AppClock too. Realtime analog clock on the homescreen! AppClock - Realtime Analog Clock on the HomeScreen - Travel BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    01-04-10 11:52 AM
    Will I still be able to use the L key- shortcut on my BB as I can with the native calendar?
    01-04-10 12:25 PM
    Will I still be able to use the L key- shortcut on my BB as I can with the native calendar?
    yes. you can put the icon on the main homescreen or other screen.
    01-04-10 12:32 PM
    Ok... I think it's worth a try.

Thanks!
    01-04-10 01:19 PM
    I just dL your appli... and guess what?

I like it! only one thing, there's no short cut key (L) as it is with the native calendar. The reason why this feature appeals to me because at times I don't have time to do the quick BBmenu screen where all my icons are located, and I like to use my shortcut keys instead, but no biggie I still find this appli.--- awesome!
    01-04-10 02:09 PM
    PS.

the appli. disable my shortcut (L) key for the calendar. Hope there's a why to work this out.
    01-04-10 02:11 PM
    Seems like a cool application. In the past I have purchased SmartbCalendar, which also displays an icon with the current date. It does not have the custom fonts and colors though, but it did retain the "L" shortcut function. Both apps seem to have an issue with the date being displayed in the center of the icon. When I changed the calendar to "Large" the date is no longer centered. If those two issues are corrected this will replace my other calendar application.
    01-04-10 02:56 PM
    Seems like a cool application. In the past I have purchased SmartbCalendar, which also displays an icon with the current date. It does not have the custom fonts and colors though, but it did retain the "L" shortcut function. Both apps seem to have an issue with the date being displayed in the center of the icon. When I changed the calendar to "Large" the date is no longer centered. If those two issues are corrected this will replace my other calendar application.
    does this happen if you select the other icon types?

what is the "L" shortcut do on the homescreen?
    01-04-10 04:27 PM
    does this happen if you select the other icon types?

what is the "L" shortcut do on the homescreen?
    It also happens with the "Blue" icon. It's almost like the number centers itself with the shape and spacing of the entire icon as opposed to being centered to the free space within the icon (below the colored area where the name of the month can be put).

The "L" shortcut is used to access the calendar without having to use the trackball or touching the screen. This is used when the "Dial From Homescreen" option is turned off in the Phone Options-General Options Menu.
    01-04-10 05:32 PM
    It also happens with the "Blue" icon. It's almost like the number centers itself with the shape and spacing of the entire icon as opposed to being centered to the free space within the icon (below the colored area where the name of the month can be put).

The "L" shortcut is used to access the calendar without having to use the trackball or touching the screen. This is used when the "Dial From Homescreen" option is turned off in the Phone Options-General Options Menu.
    the problem with the first 3 icons is that they are bigger than the reset of the icons. so when centering they are off abite.

as for the 'L' shortcut i dont think there should be a problem because the calendar app doesnt modify the theme or handle the 'L' short cut.
    01-04-10 05:40 PM
    So this will work with the hidden today themes???????
    01-04-10 07:57 PM
    So this will work with the hidden today themes???????
    it works for OS4.7+. what you need to do is hide the icalendar app and leave the native calendar app visible.
    01-04-10 09:16 PM
    Sorry for hijacking your thread

as for the 'L' shortcut i dont think there should be a problem because the calendar app doesnt modify the theme or handle the 'L' short cut.
    Actually it is, I've got complaints about it too. It is because the custom Calendar applications change the icon text to the day of the week (e.g. Monday, Tuesday etc.), which disables the L-shortcut.
    01-05-10 12:51 PM

if you have problem with the shortcut 'L' then run iconManager and then configure iCalendar and then select the Icon Name: to "Calendar" instead of Month or Day in Week choices

let me know if this works.
    01-05-10 01:34 PM
    if you have problem with the shortcut 'L' then run iconManager and then configure iCalendar and then select the Icon Name: to "Calendar" instead of Month or Day in Week choices

let me know if this works.
    Hi Smiley,
    I don't own this app, but I do use Home Screen shortcuts as well.
    I can tell you how BerryWeather handles this.
    In the app's internal Settings (aka options) menu, there is checkbox for:
    Add (w) Key Shortcut to Homescreen Icon

If you check this, your customized icon name would look like this example:
    Overcast (w)

When you turn Home Screen Dialing off (found in the Phone app's options) all the keyboard shortcuts appear underlined in the name of their respective icons. For example the native Calendar app now appears as Calendar and clicking L takes you there from your Home Screen or App Screen.

Maybe try the same setup as Bellshare and add such a checkbox to your options and the L to the icon's display name if you check it. Examples:
    Tuesday (L) or January (L)
    (I don't think it's case-sensitive, and the small case L looks confusing on its own.)

I don't know if the OS simply reads underlined characters in app names, or if there is more code added to the app to facilitate this, but I thought it would be worth a shot.

I'm sure the concerned users above would be happy to beta-test this change for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by elite1; 01-05-10 at 02:42 PM.
    01-05-10 02:36 PM
    Hi Smiley,
    I don't own this app, but I do use Home Screen shortcuts as well.
    I can tell you how BerryWeather handles this.
    In the app's internal Settings (aka options) menu, there is checkbox for:
    Add (w) Key Shortcut to Homescreen Icon

If you check this, your customized icon name would look like this example:
    Overcast (w)

When you turn Home Screen Dialing off (found in the Phone app's options) all the keyboard shortcuts appear underlined in the name of their respective icons. For example the native Calendar app now appears as Calendar and clicking L takes you there from your Home Screen or App Screen.

Maybe try the same setup as Bellshare and add such a checkbox to your options and the L to the icon's display name if you check it. Examples:
    Tuesday (L) or January (L)
    (I don't think it's case-sensitive, and the small case L looks confusing on its own.)

I don't know if the OS simply reads underlined characters in app names, or if there is more code added to the app to facilitate this, but I thought it would be worth a shot.

I'm sure the concerned users above would be happy to beta-test this change for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hey, thanks for the suggestion but this only works for bb with physical keyboard. I will test this out.
    01-05-10 03:51 PM

here is the new beta fix that works with shortcuts on bb with physical keyboard.
    this version is for OS4.6+ only

ota http://www.toysoft.ca/ota/iCalendar.jad

just replace the old version.
    01-05-10 04:29 PM
    Will the new and improved app work with 5.0?
    01-05-10 04:57 PM
    Will the new and improved app work with 5.0?
    yes. it will work on OS4.7+
    01-05-10 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD