Just received a confirmation email with a link to download. Also came with a temporary I'd and password. Check your emails if you signed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 02:21 PM
    Just got mine, will download when I get home from work!!!
    10-12-09 02:28 PM
    Just got mine. Will try it when I get home.
    10-12-09 02:29 PM
    I just got mine all installed and set up and it's working like a dream. It's actually working really well and it's running really fast. The site does things that I never thought it would like allow you send send text right from the site, view your pictures, videos, contacts and calender. It's a breeze.
    10-12-09 02:37 PM
    Ive got mine up as well, having some issues though:

-After the initial sync, it now keeps prompting me to sign on (on the bb) and it will not allow it to connect. This may be due to the fact that I am running .230.
    -After signing up for the visual voice mail it tells me on the desktop that it failed. Yet I recieve two email confirmations and a txt msg congratulating me for signing up for the visual VM.

Once again, these issues may be related to the fact that I am running .230, on a good note though it does seem to be a useful tool once I get it syncing properly.
    10-12-09 04:01 PM
    i recieved my invite as well, and it does seem to work well....but i deleted it pretty quickly. i'm not understanding the concept of having all of my phone data online? i'm not sold on the security of my data being on this site either. call me paranoid, but why would Best Buy offer something for free and not try to market to you in some way or another based on your phone data? seems fishy!
    10-12-09 04:03 PM
    i recieved my invite as well, and it does seem to work well....but i deleted it pretty quickly. i'm not understanding the concept of having all of my phone data online? i'm not sold on the security of my data being on this site either. call me paranoid, but why would Best Buy offer something for free and not try to market to you in some way or another based on your phone data? seems fishy!
    Because the main miq page is littered with links for products you can by.

I travel, often and have tones of pictures of my daughter on my phone. Having miq is a great way to make sure that if I lose my phone, I don't lose any photos.
    10-13-09 07:47 AM
    I actually had problems running the program on 4.7 but now that I have upgraded to 5.0.0.230 the program seems to be working correctly.
    10-13-09 09:47 AM
    How do you get the invite?
    10-13-09 09:53 AM
    Go here - Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ and 'sign up' and then will send you an invite. I signed up this morning and got an invite about an hour later.
    10-13-09 11:06 AM
    I wonder how much of a battery drain this will cause on automatic. Ive got photo and video disabled because 1 gig is not enough storage but even so, I gotta imagine this is gonna make a significant dent in battery life.
    10-13-09 02:02 PM
    Got my invite today! Syncing right now! So excited!
    10-13-09 05:10 PM
    Been playing with it for a few hours.. It's pretty cool. I love the text feature so I can text from the computer
    10-13-09 05:46 PM
    I have noticed a slight battery drain, but it hasn't been significant. What I do like is the photo sync - while I too have issues with 1GB not being enough space, it's almost instant (when I say almost instant, I can snap a picture, then delete it 10-15 seconds later on the phone and it shows up on my MiQ account). Since pictures aren't a two way sync, what I did was synch everything and then delete the pictures from MiQ...but leave the picture sync on. Then when I take pictures throughout the day for work that I don't want to clutter up my SD card, I can delete them soon after from the phone and know I still have them on MiQ so I can reference them if needed. I'm sure I'll have to be clearing out the MiQ photo section from time to time to keep my storage space down, but it's handy...I know if I delete a picture accidentally, even if it's right after I take it, it will be on MiQ.

What I don't like necessarily - I realized that the images in the groups for BBM5 that I view also show on MiQ - I thought at first that my account had images being uploaded to it that weren't mine (didn't recognize the photo), but later I realized they were from one of the BBM groups I was a member of.
    10-15-09 11:39 AM
    I'm a big supporter of having an off-site backup option. I have everything backed up to my computer via the DM, but to have an off-site option in case my blackberry and computer blow up, is a nice thing.

I do the same thing with my computer data. Regular back-ups to an external hard drive, and an off-site backup to Carbonite.

I don't use mIQ for anything fancy, just as a backup option.
    10-15-09 12:58 PM
    I have noticed a slight battery drain, but it hasn't been significant. What I do like is the photo sync - while I too have issues with 1GB not being enough space, it's almost instant (when I say almost instant, I can snap a picture, then delete it 10-15 seconds later on the phone and it shows up on my MiQ account). Since pictures aren't a two way sync, what I did was synch everything and then delete the pictures from MiQ...but leave the picture sync on. Then when I take pictures throughout the day for work that I don't want to clutter up my SD card, I can delete them soon after from the phone and know I still have them on MiQ so I can reference them if needed. I'm sure I'll have to be clearing out the MiQ photo section from time to time to keep my storage space down, but it's handy...I know if I delete a picture accidentally, even if it's right after I take it, it will be on MiQ.

What I don't like necessarily - I realized that the images in the groups for BBM5 that I view also show on MiQ - I thought at first that my account had images being uploaded to it that weren't mine (didn't recognize the photo), but later I realized they were from one of the BBM groups I was a member of.
    Great tips, thank you. I noticed mIQ is running in the background even if the setting is manual sync. It seems that this program drains battery a little - trying to find out how to turn it off when I am not syncing. There is not "close" option, it seems.
    10-16-09 06:56 AM
    I also have manual sync and if you hit BB you can click exit so it does not run in background!!
    10-16-09 07:21 AM
    Yes, there is an "Exit" on the menu that will keep it from background processing. I don't remember if it was on the original version I downloaded, but I did do an update to 1.0.0.13200 and it is in there and does close the app.

The only issue I have is sending texts from the website doesn't work for me. If I could get that working and also get the option to ignore certain folders for picture/video sync, I'd be set.
    10-16-09 10:30 AM
    Running smooth and liking it so far. A little concerned about privacy, but I think that is mainly because it is Best Buy.
    10-16-09 08:13 PM
    I am loving this!
    10-16-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD