Is there anyway to stop the app from opening itself on reboot? I would like to be able to open it only when I want to. I know it doesn't take up much while it's in the background on auto start but still.
    I'd like that as well. Even better would be being able to schedule mIQ to automatically sync on a schedule.
    01-26-10 06:59 PM
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to disable it from opening on startup.

We've set it up to start on reboot to make sure we can capture your text messages. If the app isn't running they won't upload to the web because we don't have access to historical messages at this point

Scheduled sync is a feature a lot of users have been asking for and something we're exploring!
    01-27-10 05:21 PM
    mIQ does work on the 9700. Our web guy has been busy and hasn't stuck the picture in the phone choices yet on the web.

That web picture isn't tied to anything, just for your own benefit the program will work regardless of the phone pictured on your dashboard.

@BBjonjon Glad you're finally up and running!

Got it for my 9700. How can I get it for my chicks iPhone???????????
    01-27-10 05:31 PM
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to disable it from opening on startup.

We've set it up to start on reboot to make sure we can capture your text messages. If the app isn't running they won't upload to the web because we don't have access to historical messages at this point

Scheduled sync is a feature a lot of users have been asking for and something we're exploring!
    I don't know about other users, but I only use mIQ to sync my contacts and calendars. I'm not concerned about backing up my email and text messages.
    01-27-10 08:23 PM
    to be very honest, I liked it at first, but then i uninstalled it.

It doesn't have outlook support. I was attempting to sync outlook with it, which in turn would sync the blackberry with it. (i don't use google sync)

outlook-->miq<--blackberry

oh well, thanks anyways!
    The same for me, if it would be possible to sync with outlook would be great.

Meanwhile I'll stay with Google sync in my laptop and in my blackberry.
    02-19-10 01:21 PM
    This is really a great program, but I can't get it to sync my calendar. Am I doing something wrong? It is set to sync all BUT videos. All other items sync fine. When I view the web homepage, everything is great, just nothing showing on the calendar.
    At&T 9700 with stock os .296
    Thanks
    02-24-10 11:35 AM
    This is really a great program, but I can't get it to sync my calendar. Am I doing something wrong? It is set to sync all BUT videos. All other items sync fine. When I view the web homepage, everything is great, just nothing showing on the calendar.
    At&T 9700 with stock os .296
    Thanks
    Have you tried adding a calendar event on the web and seeing if it syncs down to the default calendar on your Blackberry?

Do you have multiple calendars on your phone? (from your calendar app, hit menu, options to check). Right now, mIQ only supports syncing one calendar on the BB at a time and if there are more than one on the phone, sometimes events aren't showing up on the web.

We're working on the issue but haven't found a great solution yet

If this answer doesn't apply to what you're seeing at all, email support (mIQ) and they'll troubleshoot w/ you!

Hope that helps
    02-25-10 03:53 PM
    If my question is not out of place - why is this app offered cost-free, I believe? I guess I'm just a natural cynic and so am interested in that type of issue.
    02-25-10 07:18 PM
    My calender events are showing on the website. Try reinstalling the app..
    02-25-10 10:04 PM
    Is there an ETA on when it will sync memos? Also sometimes I reboot my phone and miq doesn't start. How do I confirm its in the start up list for the Bold? I'm on 5.0.0.411. Other than that its a fabulous app. I spread the word especially since all too often ppl don't sync regularly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 11:19 PM
    Is there an ETA on when it will sync memos? Also sometimes I reboot my phone and miq doesn't start. How do I confirm its in the start up list for the Bold? I'm on 5.0.0.411. Other than that its a fabulous app. I spread the word especially since all too often ppl don't sync regularly.

On the tour, holding in the bb key brings up everything thats running. I dont know if this works on all blackberries..
    02-25-10 11:35 PM
    Yes it does and that's how I find out if it didn't dtart. I was thinkin of something that would pop up like an error msg. Yes, that's probably a bit much. The other thing thtlat sometimes happens is that its running but not logged in

02-25-10 11:39 PM
    I remember when I read about this launching a while ago but I didn't give two cents about it and moved on. But now that I've tried it I think it is really great program and service. As long as this stays free I'll use it forever, but once it gets a price tag placed on it (which as a former BBY employee I know its likely) I'll stop using it
    02-27-10 01:42 AM
    Has anyone started missing a lot of calls since installing this? My gf says that she calls me and it rings forever and goes to vmail but the phone never rings on my end. I didn't know if having it automatically sync could be causing the problem because its sending the data the sync and thus missing the call all together or if this program is even the reason for the missed calls. Just curious if anyone else was experiencing this.
    03-05-10 12:12 PM
    I have been missing a lot of calls also, they just go directly to VM even though I have great signal...but I think its the .411 OS and not mIQ.
    03-05-10 03:00 PM
    First off the site doesn't even list the 9700 as a phone (maybe thats the issue but....)

mIQ keeps causing me duplicate after duplicate of my contacts.

this last time around i exited mIQ on the phone use DM to delete all contacts, logged into mIQ and fixed all of my contacts.

i started mIQ back up on the phone (9700) and let it sync up.... first day all is well.
    by the 2nd or 3rd day 50% of my contacts were duplicated and not just once a few have as many as 5 entries all exactly the same. AND there are about 1/5 of them are gone completely now (NOT good)

i don't have google sync on so thats not effecting anything. the only App i do have the could modify contacts would be the Facebook app.

going to give this thing one more chance, I'll even uninstall the FB app for a while but, this is the last straw. one more blunder by mIQ and it's deleted.

If anyone has the same issue or knows whats doing this please help out

thanks in advance!
    03-14-10 08:17 AM
    Look in the feedback/ known issues section of the site. I too had these issues. U have to delete the folder Dashwire from ur SD card AND the device memory. Also in the known issues section it speaks to syncing with miq at the same time of syncing with DM. It can b done but u have to do one before the other (look at section, I'd do it but I'm mutlitaskin-cooking and BB'ng
    Once u deleted the folders off ur bb, go to miq pc dashboard, delete the dupes from there, and then reinstall miq. u shud have few prob after that. I won't say no prob bcuz I've still seen a few dupes here and there but nothing like some of my initial experiences with miq.

03-14-10 12:02 PM
    Just started using this service and I have to say, I'm loving it. Syncing my BlackBerry's "digital life" is awesome. Connectivity to my social networking apps is a nice bonus. Seriously hope this service stays around for a while because it's amazing.
    04-14-10 10:12 PM
    I have been using it a while and not only is the app great but the customer service and support is also amazing.

04-14-10 10:17 PM
    Great app. The only thing is, my text messages do not upload to my account online. The app is always open on my device, but my text messages never upload. I've been using this for almost a month now.

However, I have sent two messages to someone thru the site, and they go thru to the recipient, but there is nothing telling me that the message has been received (on my Tour or on miqlive). Also, when this person replied to the messages sent from the site, their replies didn't show up on miqlive (which goes along with the issue stated above).

Any idea what's going on or what to do to fix it? Something I'm doing wrong, or not doing perhaps?
    04-15-10 09:29 AM
    Sorry you're having problems with the text messaging! That's one of our favorite features, so we'd love to get it up and running for you. One thing - texts sent from the web unfortunately won't show up on your phone.

If you can, please email our support team at [email protected] and our customer service team can help get you squared away.

Thanks and let us know if you need anything else!
    04-15-10 01:17 PM
    I'm having a major problem with mIQ. I can install it and run it once to sync and update my contacts. After that, I'm unable to do so. I can't click on the icon to launch it and I can see it running in my apps list but can't click that either.

Re-boots and battery pulls do no fix the problem.

I've emailed tech support but they ask me to send a log, which I cannot do since I can't access the application.

Please help!
    04-18-10 05:09 PM
    I have been using this app for months and I love it. I have one question though. I have the updates set to manual but it always shows in the list of running apps. Is thiq intentional or is there a setting to change this?

04-18-10 05:16 PM
    I have the updates set to manual but it always shows in the list of running apps. Is thiq intentional or is there a setting to change this?
    I'm pretty sure that auto and manual refer to the syncing specifically, and not referring to whether the app launches or not.
    04-19-10 02:41 PM
    Sorry you are running into trouble!

We do have a work-around for uploading your logs. I just spoke with the support team and they were following up on your email. Let us know if you don't get it resolved.

Thanks!
    04-19-10 04:34 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD