What is the best browser? Bolt, Opera, or just the BB browswer? Is there really that much of a difference in speed or performance?
    02-22-10 09:18 AM
    load them all and try them urself. they are free afterall.
    02-22-10 09:22 AM
    02-22-10 09:23 AM
    I prefer the BB browser for mobile friendly pages and Opera mini for full HTML.
    02-22-10 09:28 AM
    Thanks for the article, haven't they upgraded both since then though? Didn't know if there were any changes...

Plus people on here might have different opinions on which is best...
    02-22-10 09:29 AM
    You asked for difference in speed/performance, not only opinion. I tried to answer that portion by linking to the article. It's still quite accurate despite not being as fresh as it could be.

My opinion why waste the time asking here if you could try them all out
    02-22-10 09:32 AM
    Eh, laziness I suppose.

Why waste time installing/uninstalling the browsers when I could just ask a whole site dedicated to answering questions...
    02-22-10 09:34 AM
    Get that lazy *** up and try them all, honestly. That's the best way to see which one suits you best. Different people have different needs.
    02-22-10 09:36 AM
    i use the standard BB browser and Bolt....that is all
    02-22-10 09:49 AM
    I'm using the beta of Opera Mini 5 and I wouldn't dream of using anything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 10:12 AM
    I normally use the native BB browser. I do like the Bolt browse when I have to go to my corporate secured site because that's the only browser that will render the page. Not Opera or BB native browser.

02-22-10 10:20 AM
    I prefer the BB browser for mobile friendly pages and Opera mini for full HTML.

I've "heard" you say this before...I tried installing it on my 9000 and it did weird things with the fonts getting all smouched up together.

But you always recommend it.....guess I'll have to try it! I'm using Bolt now, but you've got me curious.
    02-22-10 10:21 AM
    I've "heard" you say this before...I tried installing it on my 9000 and it did weird things with the fonts getting all smouched up together.

But you always recommend it.....guess I'll have to try it! I'm using Bolt now, but you've got me curious.
    Well I AM using a Storm with it larger screen, and Opera is MUCH more Storm friendly than Bolt. My main point is that the BB browser handles the mobile friendly pages VERY well and is really my browser of choice, and I use Opera to back it up. Bolt is probably a good back up too. Hopefully when the new webkit browser comes out the the BB browser will be all we will need. But we will see, and maybe Bolt and Opera will bring game changers at that point too.

EDIT: Also I have not seen Bolt 1.7 yet, and don't know if they got any more touch friendly. I'm basing my opinions on 1.6 and below of Bolt. Mostly 1.5
    02-22-10 10:28 AM
    I just got it....will be playing with it. I'll let you know~~~
    02-22-10 10:31 AM
    OK - it's not schmouzing fonts like it did on my 8310 and my 9000. Wonder why....
    I'll be alternating between the two....see what happens!

***OK - The fonts are clearer than before and it seems to be faster, but I'm having a bit of a time getting used to the navigation. Maybe because it is faster?

It seems to have more options and features than Bolt. I like that BBC is already there! However, I can't seem to be able to get to the Facebook full site, only the mobile site. Maybe I need to play with it during lunch instead of while on a teleconference!!!
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 02-22-10 at 10:57 AM.
    02-22-10 10:39 AM
    Opera Mini used to have tab browsing didnt it? I just got it and dont see any more pages that can be saved as icons or "tabs"...
    02-22-10 10:46 AM
    Did you download the beta?
    02-22-10 10:54 AM
    just went to the website and downloaded what it told me to...I dont think it was the beta..

Several months back, it was the beta, yes.
    02-22-10 10:57 AM
    I dont' see that as an option, so we both have the same thing.
    02-22-10 11:07 AM
    and it looks like there is no more touch keyboard, now you have to click it...
    02-22-10 11:13 AM
    I've used the BB browser, Opera mini (including the new beta), and Bolt, and I prefer the BB browser for mobile friendly pages (~85% of pages) and Bolt for the rest.

02-22-10 12:45 PM
    I know this sounds awkward, but anyone with a trackball/trackpad BlackBerry try this.

When I had the Curve 8900 sometimes I found that surfing in "landscape" mode with one hand was more comfortable. As in, tilt your BlackBerry to the left so that you are holding the bottom of the device with your palm and have your fingers provide support by holding the back of the device. Your thumb on the trackball/trackpad.

To make this trick work I needed to use Bolt and set Portrait View on from the options. The only drawback is that you will need to tilt back and forth when you need to input text. However this "landscape" mode felt much better to use, especially when using Bolt's split screen option. Full website surfing was so much better.

Now with my Storm2 there's no need to do that, but thought that someone might find it interesting.
    02-22-10 12:57 PM
    I use both bb browser and opera..
    I use opera for full html.
    02-22-10 02:05 PM
    I just use the BB browser... It does everything I require.
    02-22-10 02:17 PM
    I have yet to be able to get opera to work correctly on my tour. So for now i prefer the native browser.
    02-22-10 03:05 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD